Zoners: An APOLOGY is required today!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;3096887 said:
We've gone too soft as a society. Apologies demanded left and right for nothing. A push? Public apologies are needed over a push when the man who was pushed isn't demanding it? I hate PC nonsense and that is all this is.

I agree. Now I need to go talk to my old football coach who once grabbed me by the face mask and used some pretty harsh language to describe my mistake I had just made as I was out of position to make a play on a RB. He scared me for life. :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3096900 said:
I agree. Now I need to go talk to my old football coach who once grabbed me by the face mask and used some pretty harsh language to describe my mistake I had just made as I was out of position to make a play on a RB. He scared me for life. :laugh2:
The OC on my college team got mad at me and two other guys. I did push-ups with his foot in the middle of my back. I think I have permanent back damage. I demand an apology and Costco multi-pack of Icyhot.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Hostile;3096887 said:
We've gone too soft as a society. Apologies demanded left and right for nothing. A push? Public apologies are needed over a push when the man who was pushed isn't demanding it? I hate PC nonsense and that is all this is.

I don't think we're soft. I just don't think an apology is necessary. This thread is in danger of going the way of the infamous "waiter thread" in the off topic zone.:p:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;3096906 said:
I don't think we're soft. I just don't think an apology is necessary. This thread is in danger of going the way of the infamous "waiter thread" in the off topic zone.:p:
The thread demands an apology. You disagree. People will be scarred for life because you disagree.

I demand a public apology.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Dawgs0916;3096651 said:
You know I have gone back and forth in my opinion on this. At first I thought it wasn't that big of a deal, they are both grown men, it happens, blah blah.

Then I thought back to when I played, whether it was in HS or not.

There were a couple of times I held and got called on it, or false started, etc. And my offensive coordinator (former OL coach for Kansas State) berated me in front of my teammates, and said some pretty intense stuff.

I wanted nothing more than to clock him in his face, but I realize now that it was pure respect, and I would NEVER so much as touch him. You don't do that to your coach. Just like you wouldnt to your mother, your teacher, etc.

It shouldn't of happened and he definitely should be held accountable.

Of course you are right with this relevant analogy. Showing deference to football coaches in public at every level of the sport is elemental to the game which is why even HOF players still show deference to all coaches by referring to them with the "coach" salutation.

Players that publicly berate or shove coaches - or even come close to shoving coaches have broken that unspoken agreement. Real coaching staffs would punish players for infractions like that, if Jerry really thought that it was funny, I guess Newman will get away with it.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;3096906 said:
I don't think we're soft.

We are soft, .. compared to past generations, .. are you kidding me?

Can't do this, can't do that, .. can't say this, can't say that, .. might offend someone, might hurt someones feelings.

Need to say you're sorry, .. better apologize.

This PC crap went way too far, a long time ago.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;3095749 said:
Can you picture the tense meeting today in the owners office?

"Hello Jerry"

"Hello Newman"

:lmao2: *spits water all over my monitor*

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
tyke1doe;3095516 said:
Yesterday, I was very critical of Newman. But having re-examined the play, even though Newman shouldn't have done what he did, he was merely shoving Campo's hands away from him. Saying he shoved, as in pushed, Campo isn't quite accurate.

True be told, in an emotional situation like that, Campo shouldn't have put his hand on Newman. Even so, Newman shouldn't have pushed his coach's hands away.

As such, a small fine - not a suspension - is warranted, IMO.

That is what I had seen as well. The other unknown is what Campo was yelling at Newman. Getting screamed at, plus being grabbed warrants pushing away the hands that are grabbing you. No fine. Nothing to see here.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3095487 said:
Zoners:

A certain #41 CB Terrance Newman owes Coach Campo an apology for several reasons. I could not believe he shoved our coach on National TV!

#1 – Newman is supposed to be a professional and leader of our D.

#2 – Newman should set the example to our young CBs (Will Jenkins/Scandrick feel it is A-ok to shove our coaches in the future?:(

#3 – Most important, all High School kids need to hear an apology from Mr. Newman to his coach that even in the heat of battle it is NOT ever OK to disrespect your coach!

What do you Zoners think?
I think that it's the team's business, not yours or mine.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3095522 said:
Phil Simms argued with Parcells quite a bit I don't recall any apology offered or even one expected. Was Newman wrong? Yes he was. He could have continued or started pouting he didn't he put it behind him and sat and listened to what Campo had to say

Phil Simms never, EVER shoved Parcells. Hell, Parcells cut Bryant for throwing a jersey at him.

What Newman did is highly unprofessional. He needs to sit out a game for suspension, eat a 15 grand fine, and publicly apologize.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
LandryFan;3097062 said:
I think that it's the team's business, not yours or mine.

We pay the money to buy the products, and sit in the seats. Newman did this in a game where everyone could see it. It most certainly is our business since teams don't function without fans.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Jerry to apologize to the fans for fielding such a poor team.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
FLcowboy;3097685 said:
I'm waiting for Jerry to apologize to the fans for fielding such a poor team.

he'll do that right after you accept common sense into your life.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
RoadRunner;3097674 said:
We pay the money to buy the products, and sit in the seats. Newman did this in a game where everyone could see it. It most certainly is our business since teams don't function without fans.

no it's not your business to know every minute detail because you bought a ticket to the game.

the arrogance of some just amazes me.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I'd rather a player push him than pull his pants down. :(

The players don't seem to have a lot of respect for Campo.

Can you imagine a player pulling down the pants of Gene Stallings the old DB coach for landry?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hostile;3095498 said:
I think they have already worked it out given the fact that a few seconds later they were in DB discussions on the bench and that making a public apology would be a poor idea.

Exactly. Why make this into something it's not? It's an emotional game. Time to move on.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Remember when Willie Blade shoved Parcells for grabbing his facemask in anger? Me neither.

http://apse.***BANNED-URL***/contest/2003/writing/dailyart/1221parcells5.jpg

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Hostile;3096887 said:

Run for public office. You got my vote.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
bbgun;3098078 said:
Remember when Willie Blade shoved Parcells for grabbing his facemask in anger? Me neither.

http://apse.***BANNED-URL***/contest/2003/writing/dailyart/1221parcells5.jpg

Boo Boo could have been a real good player if he wasn't so damn lazy. Talk about a waste of talent. :mad: