Zoners: Don't worry about our WR's for one simple reason:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
:star: QB Tony Romo:star:

The media reports are looking at our roster of WR's with very little respect for 09. However, I believe they are making a huge mistake wth their assumption that Roy Williams cannot replace T.O. and Austin is not a legit number 2.

What these so-called-experts are failing to comprehend is the player throwing the pigskin to these talented WR's......oh, don't forget our All Pro TE and a future Pro Bowler in Bennett.

ROMO is a star folks and as he enters only his 3rd year of being our starter he is going to show the entire NFL.

He has the quickest release in the NFL today........and IF our offensive line can stay healthy and provide ROMO the time to look down field and read his progressions then he will lead the league.

ROMO during his time as a starting QB has the NFL best 4th qtr quarterback rating......that is special folks.

My point is, ROMO will make our excellent set of WR's .........outstanding in 09!:star:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Our #2 WR is not Austin. Our #2 WR is Witten until Austin proves he can step up. I'm not worried about our WR's because we also have Bennett and Felix.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Great read, thanks for posting. :D

Good to have you back posting again CC.

Outside of reducing the turnovers, the one thing i would like to see from Romo this year is for him to step up and take a leadership role. Make it his team.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2772728 said:
:star: QB Tony Romo:star:

The media reports are looking at our roster of WR's with very little respect for 09. However, I believe they are making a huge mistake wth their assumption that Roy Williams cannot replace T.O. and Austin is not a legit number 2.

What these so-called-experts are failing to comprehend is the player throwing the pigskin to these talented WR's......oh, don't forget our All Pro TE and a future Pro Bowler in Bennett.

ROMO is a star folks and as he enters only his 3rd year of being our starter he is going to show the entire NFL.

He has the quickest release in the NFL today........and IF our offensive line can stay healthy and provide ROMO the time to look down field and read his progressions then he will lead the league.

ROMO during his time as a starting QB has the NFL best 4th qtr quarterback rating......that is special folks.

My point is, ROMO will make our excellent set of WR's .........outstanding in 09!:star:

This has got to be one of the longest posts I've seen you write. Nice.:D

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I'd say Witten is the #1 receiver , Williams #2 , Austin #3 , Bennett #4 , and Crayton #5 . A receiver is anybody who can catch the ball in my opinion , and I really like what Dallas has at the receiver position . No doubt that TO will be missed , but I think Dallas can have a very good controlled passing game using Witten , Bennett , Felix , and Crayton on the short stuff and still threatening deep with Williams and Austin . There's more than one way to skin a cat .

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
No player is irreplacable. Not even the great and mighty Terrell "I Love Me Some Me" Eldorado Owens.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2772734 said:
Our #2 WR is not Austin. Our #2 WR is Witten until Austin proves he can step up. I'm not worried about our WR's because we also have Bennett and Felix.

I disagree. Witten is our #1 receiving option. How could you possibly rank Roy Williams ahead of Witten after last year? And don't be surprised if Austin pushes Williams for that #2 spot.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Hostile;2772785 said:
No player is irreplacable. Not even the great and mighty Terrell "I Love Me Some Me" Eldorado Owens.

Darren Woodson has been pretty irreplacable for us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2772794 said:
I disagree. Witten is our #1 receiving option. How could you possibly rank Roy Williams ahead of Witten after last year?
I didn't rank TO ahead of Witten for the last 2 years. Which is exactly why TO had problems. He wasn't content to score, he needed to be the focus.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2772794 said:
I disagree. Witten is our #1 receiving option. How could you possibly rank Roy Williams ahead of Witten after last year? And don't be surprised if Austin pushes Williams for that #2 spot.

I'm giving Roy the benefit of the doubt because he was hurt most of the year after coming over in the trade. Plus he won't have to worry about the TO quota this year. And there was a TO quota.

proline

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2772769 said:
This has got to be one of the longest posts I've seen you write. Nice.:D

I agree! Usually you are a man of few words, CC. As I read your post, I was wondering if you had hired a ghost writer or something since the length, cogency, and grammar are all out of character for you. Keep it up! :)

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2772802 said:
I'm giving Roy the benefit of the doubt because he was hurt most of the year after coming over in the trade. Plus he won't have to worry about the TO quota this year. And there was a TO quota.

That is an interesting way to spin why Roy Williams looked absolutely terrible last year.

Injuries, didn't know the playbook, T.O. quota, etc.

He couldn't get separation, he ran poor routes, he made excuses, and he chirped to the media when given the opportunity. At least 81 was productive, much more productive than a receiver 10 years younger than him.

I think Roy gets the benefit of the doubt because we are hopelessly hopeful that we don't have another Gallowayesque deal on our hands.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think if Dallas can run a more blanced offense this team can compete at a high level. Last season Dallas was 8th in passing attemps and 21st in rushing attemps. I think if Dallas can become more balanced it will be a big help to this team and it will keep defensives off balance.