Zoners: Don't worry about our WR's for one simple reason:

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Watching that 07' game vs Buffalo yesterday on NFL Network where Tony threw 5 picks....man he was horrible!

But I can't think of anyone who could come back from that and make big play after big play and win like Dallas did. As bad as he played that Monday night, he was also that good and Dallas went on to be 5-0 and face the 5-0 Patriots the next week. Going into half-time, the first team and maybe the only team (except I think, the Colts -who were also 5-0 at that time btw) to outscore the 07' Patriots.
I believe there is more to come. :bow:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
l2obert;2773414 said:
Watching that 07' game vs Buffalo yesterday on NFL Network where Tony threw 5 picks....man he was horrible!

But I can't think of anyone who could come back from that and make big play after big play and win like Dallas did. As bad as he played that Monday night, he was also that good and Dallas went on to be 5-0 and face the 5-0 Patriots the next week. Going into half-time, the first team and maybe the only team (except I think, the Colts -who were also 5-0 at that time btw) to outscore the 07' Patriots.
I believe there is more to come. :bow:
And I can't wait. I hope he throws 7 interceptions in a game, and come back to win just to prove his greatness.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Judas;2773483 said:
And I can't wait. I hope he throws 7 interceptions in a game, and come back to win just to prove his greatness.

Maybe you prefer Quincy Carter fumble 7 times and... oh.. Nevermind. Yeah you see the point is that it takes great skill to pull a comeback like that....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
l2obert;2773504 said:
Maybe you prefer Quincy Carter fumble 7 times and... oh.. Nevermind. Yeah you see the point is that it takes great skill to pull a comeback like that....
Quincy was a horrible QB at best, anyone can see that. How our trusted owner could put this man on the field is beyond me, and us going to the play offs was a pure miracle.

Any coach that can take a team like we had, and a QB like we had and take them to the play offs should never have been fired by Jerry Jones, although Jerry should never have drafted Quincy, but what Jerry does is gold, so I guess he should've drafted Quincy.

But Tony is definitely great.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Judas;2773521 said:
Quincy was a horrible QB at best, anyone can see that. How our trusted owner could put this man on the field is beyond me, and us going to the play offs was a pure miracle.

Any coach that can take a team like we had, and a QB like we had and take them to the play offs should never have been fired by Jerry Jones, although Jerry should never have drafted Quincy, but what Jerry does is gold, so I guess he should've drafted Quincy.

But Tony is definitely great.

And some of us will speak out when we disagree with Jerry on somethings and agree with him on others. I do think he has helped to bring some talented players that are currently on the roster and hopefully they will play to the level that many feel they are capable of. It does not take much thought to agree with everything Jerry does nor does it take much thought to disagree with everything.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2773549 said:
And some of us will speak out when we disagree with Jerry on somethings and agree with him on others. I do think he has helped to bring some talented players that are currently on the roster and hopefully they will play to the level that many feel they are capable of. It does not take much thought to agree with everything Jerry does nor does it take much thought to disagree with everything.
You're a very reasonable poster.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Judas;2773554 said:
You're a very reasonable poster.

I don't think Jerry is perfect I also do not think he is all bad. I think there are things that have not worked in the past that Jones has changed the franchise approach in dealing with. I think he is willing to take a chance on a TO or a Packman and while I disagreed with getting them I understood why he did it.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
l2obert;2773414 said:

But I can't think of anyone who could come back from that and make big play after big play and win like Dallas did. As bad as he played that Monday night, he was also that good and Dallas went on to be 5-0 and face the 5-0 Patriots the next week.

Don't thank him; thank the defense. If they don't take care of business against a rookie qb like Edwards, Romo never would have had the opportunity to atone for his serial mistakes.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2773561 said:
I don't think Jerry is perfect I also do not think he is all bad. I think there are things that have not worked in the past that Jones has changed the franchise approach in dealing with. I think he is willing to take a chance on a TO or a Packman and while I disagreed with getting them I understood why he did it.
This is what puzzles me. Will you please make up your mind Jerry? Are you going down this road or not? Don't pick up a TO (characther) Pacman (thug) Tank (habitual law-breaker) and then turn around and get a Safety who likes to break the law, it's very confusing, but who cares, he's our owner so let the man do what he wants, and we'll tag along for the ride.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Judas;2773569 said:
This is what puzzles me. Will you please make up your mind Jerry? Are you going down this road or not? Don't pick up a TO (characther) Pacman (thug) Tank (habitual law-breaker) and then turn around and get a Safety who likes to break the law, it's very confusing, but who cares, he's our owner so let the man do what he wants, and we'll tag along for the ride.

As I said Jerry does give people opportunities what they do with the opportunity rest on them. I take you are referring to Sensabaugh?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Judas;2773191 said:
My point is, why did he have more catches than the great Williams on a sorry team? On a horrible team, someone has to catch the ball, I guess Roy's the guy.

Yeah I guess the fact that teams most likely *GASP* bothered to game plan, and attempt to take Roy out of the games, rather than Furrey, had nothing to do with that fact.

superpunk;2773310 said:
Wes Welker has had more receptions than Randy Moss in each of the past two seasons.

dadymat;2773344 said:
Didnt Witten just catch more passes than T.O.?

OUCH! Both of those examples just shot all to heck your pretty little excuses there. I guess you're now going to claim that Welker is a better WR than Moss, right?

I guess Jason Witten, as a TE, is now a better WR than Owens, correct? Or does Owens get a pass because you actually liked him?

I'm not sure if Roy will ever live up to the expectations, I certianly hope he does and I do believe he has a chance to, but I'll have to wait and see on that. I don't, however, think he somehow sucks because the 2nd option on the team he was on caught a few more passes than he did, with less yards despite more grabs, because teams didn't bother to gameplan for Mike while they were busy gameplanning to try and control Roy.

Roger Craig once led the 49ers in catches, while they had Jerry Rice, did that mean Jerry Rice sucked because Craig caught more balls?

Wow.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2773596 said:
Yeah I guess the fact that teams most likely *GASP* bothered to game plan, and attempt to take Roy out of the games, rather than Furrey, had nothing to do with that fact.

OUCH! Both of those examples just shot all to heck your pretty little excuses there. I guess you're now going to claim that Welker is a better WR than Moss, right?

I guess Jason Witten, as a TE, is now a better WR than Owens, correct? Or does Owens get a pass because you actually liked him?

I'm not sure if Roy will ever live up to the expectations, I certianly hope he does and I do believe he has a chance to, but I'll have to wait and see on that. I don't, however, think he somehow sucks because the 2nd option on the team he was on caught a few more passes than he did, with less yards despite more grabs, because teams didn't bother to gameplan for Mike while they were busy gameplanning to try and control Roy.

Roger Craig once led the 49ers in catches, while they had Jerry Rice, did that mean Jerry Rice sucked because Craig caught more balls?

Wow.
Roy will step up, give us 1500 yards, 88 catches and lead us where Owens couldn't. I'm ready.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hostile;2773597 said:
This is the sound of my response to this nonsense.
Well you will now be happy, I've come back over to the homer side. Welcome me please.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Judas;2773608 said:
Well you will now be happy, I've come back over to the homer side. Welcome me please.
That has nothing to do with anything man. I have nothing against negativity. It is the blind attempts to cherry pick an argument. Be as negative as you want to be. I don't care. Just be honest. That's where the "negative Nancy's" and the "koolaid drinkers" both lose me. When honesty is a casualty of the agenda, what good is it?

If you think your negativity was the issue then you've missed the ship you said was sinking.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2773562 said:
Don't thank him; thank the defense. If they don't take care of business against a rookie qb like Edwards, Romo never would have had the opportunity to atone for his serial mistakes.

No doubt about that. It wasn't always pretty but they stopped the Bills when they had to. And special teams / Folk aka: Money ripped the heart out the poor Bills fans in the end. With Tony, I believe that the team never quite feel "out of it" if there's any chance at all for TR to work.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Judas;2773605 said:
Roy will step up, give us 1500 yards, 88 catches and lead us where Owens couldn't. I'm ready.

I would settle for less than that if it means this team becomes more of a balanced offense. When Dallas is 8th in passing attempts and 21st in rushing attempts that has to change. I think there is way too much focus on the individual accolades than overall team accomplishments. I would much rather see a passing game that gets multiple players involved and a running game that shows consistency than I would any one player getting individual numbers.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Judas;2773605 said:

Interesting...I don't recall where I said that...

billknows

Reaction score
proline;2772804 said:
I agree! Usually you are a man of few words, CC. As I read your post, I was wondering if you had hired a ghost writer or something since the length, cogency, and grammar are all out of character for you. Keep it up! :)

agreed :eek: :D