Zoners: Don't worry about our WR's for one simple reason:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2772802 said:
I'm giving Roy the benefit of the doubt because he was hurt most of the year after coming over in the trade. Plus he won't have to worry about the TO quota this year. And there was a TO quota.
Why was he playing if he was hurt? Who said there was a TO quota, some guy on ESPN?

And you believe everything you hear don't you. Hey, santa clause is going to be serving chicken wings down at hooters tomorrow, I know you'll be there to get a glimpse.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2772734 said:
Our #2 WR is not Austin. Our #2 WR is Witten until Austin proves he can step up. I'm not worried about our WR's because we also have Bennett and Felix.

Witten is our #1 TE, not #2 receiver. :p:

If anything, Witten is our #1 threat.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys22;2773069 said:
I don't understand why anyone thinks RW11 has to have similar numbers to TO for the offense to be productive. If he just has an average year of 50-60 catches and 7-8 TDs, thats 75% of TO's #'s right there. Then there is Austin who should put up career #'s, Felix who missed 10 games last year, Bennett who has another years experience and could easily put up increased #'s this year, and Choice who should see increased playing time. RW11 and those 4 guys should easily outproduce last year's totals with TO.

Some people act like you just have to take a guys #'s and remove them from the offense as if every play they made would have been incomplete or produced 0 yards without them. If TO was not around last year, all the plays that went to him would simply have been thrown to someone else. The numbers may be slightly less but not that much. I think the guys I mentioned above can easily outproduce the numbers they had last year and more than make up for the loss of TO. All RW11 has to do is have a decent year, nothing spectacular and the offense will be fine.
You are so wrong. Why the heck would you ever believe that Roy Williams is even remotely capable of being that productive? Don't you know that his career has typically been the same as [strike]one half season[/strike] last year? Why would you even think...

waitasec...

DallasEast;2725131 said:
Stat haters beware. The following snapshots illustrates both Roy Williams' and his teammates' productivity in the Lions' offense during his first four seasons in Detroit:

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/2004DETROIT.jpg
* Missed two games

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/2005DETROIT.jpg
* Missed three games

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/2006DETROIT.jpg

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/2007DETROIT.jpg
* Missed four games

My bad. You're completely correct. Nevermind. :eek::

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DallasEast;2773146 said:
You are so wrong. Why the heck would you ever believe that Roy Williams is even remotely capable of being that productive? Don't you know that his career has typically been the same as [strike]one half season[/strike] last year? Why would you even think...

waitasec...

My bad. You're completely correct. Nevermind. :eek::
Who is Mike Furrey? maybe we traded for the wrong receiver.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2773016 said:
Romo has played all of one game (half the Carolina and half the Washington) game without Owens so I'm not sure how anyone can say Romo's never been Romo without TO. He's never had the shot to be.

Exactly. It's not a criticism of Romo, merely stating a fact.

BraveHeartFan said:
However we did see that TO wasn't TO without Romo this last season when for 3 games TO couldn't get much out of a piss poor Brad Johnson.

Now, obviously, the vast majority of that lies in the fact that Johnson sucked, I don't deny that at all, but if TO was the be all end all that some think he is, and that he just makes QBs, then surely, as bad as Johnson is, he should have been able to make him play better cause he's TO.

'Vast majority' is even an understatement. The fact is that Johnson was incapable of playing - period.

BraveHeartFan said:
Also go back to before Romo was starting. TO was doing ok, for the most part, but he wasn't setting the world on fire with Drew. Once Romo got in there TO began to really boom for us.

TO was good for Tony, I can't see how anyone could dispute that, but Tony was also good for TO and I don't know how anyone could dispute that.

Absolutely agree. Both helped the other to be better than they would have otherwise.

It will be interesting to see if either does as well apart as they would have if they had remained together.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Judas;2773162 said:
Who is Mike Furrey? maybe we traded for the wrong receiver.
Good question. Maybe he's playing in Siberia with Terrell Owens..?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DallasEast;2773172 said:
Good question. Maybe he's playing in Siberia with Terrell Owens..?
My point is, why did he have more catches than the great Williams on a sorry team? On a horrible team, someone has to catch the ball, I guess Roy's the guy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Judas;2773191 said:
My point is, why did he have more catches than the great Williams on a sorry team? On a horrible team, someone has to catch the ball, I guess Roy's the guy.
oh good lord...

Say, what's your opinion on the total receiving yardage discrepancy between Furrey and Williams that season?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DallasEast;2773203 said:
oh good lord...

Say, what's your opinion on the total receiving yardage discrepancy between Furrey and Williams that season?
I could've sworn I saw more catches from that guy one year, that should never happen.

It's like Crayton having 89 catches and Williams having 50. I'm guessing even YOU can see that math.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Judas;2773217 said:
I could've sworn I saw more catches from that guy one year, that should never happen.

It's like Crayton having 89 catches and Williams having 50. I'm guessing even YOU can see that math.
So, Furrey having more catches than Williams makes singular sense to you, but Furrey having fewer receiving yards than Williams doesn't compute for you?

Typical.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DallasEast;2773228 said:
So, Furrey having more catches than Williams makes singular sense to you, but Furrey having fewer receiving yards than Williams doesn't compute for you?

Typical.
Your number 1 should never be out played by your inferior. You really don't bring much to the table, you sound like everyone else. Does anyone out there have there own opinions? Anyone?

superpunk

Reaction score
Wes Welker has had more receptions than Randy Moss in each of the past two seasons.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Judas;2773304 said:
Your number 1 should never be out played by your inferior. You really don't bring much to the table, you sound like everyone else. Does anyone out there have there own opinions? Anyone?
:lmao2:

FURREY OUTPLAYED WILLIAMS??? In 2006?????? SIMPLY BECAUSE HE HAD 16 MORE CATCHES???

So, the fact that Williams had 224 yards MORE yards, average five more yards per catch, +1 touchdowns, +15 in 20-yard receptions and twelve more first downs than Furrey MADE WILLIAMS LESS PRODUCTIVE THAN FURREY??????

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
superpunk;2773310 said:
Wes Welker has had more receptions than Randy Moss in each of the past two seasons.
I like Wes, we should've given our number 1 and 3 to him versus Williams.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DallasEast;2773332 said:

FURREY OUTPLAYED WILLIAMS??? In 2006?????? SIMPLY BECAUSE HE HAD 16 MORE CATCHES???

So, the fact that Williams had 224 yards MORE yards, average five more yards per catch, +1 touchdowns, +15 in 20-yard receptions and twelve more first downs than Furrey MADE WILLIAMS LESS PRODUCTIVE THAN FURREY??????

Williams is less productive because he's simply over rated. You would admit this if he wasn't wearing the star, but it seems like when you have the star on your helmet, you're the best player ever.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Judas;2773304 said:

Didnt Witten just catch more passes than T.O.?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
bbgun;2773039 said:
You beat me to it. But because his prejudices are in favor of a Cowboy player, he won't be called on it.

I love Tony Romo!

But,

I was MAD at the DALLAS COWBOYs team after the Philly game and that included ROMO and I let him have it!

Now, it is time to get over it and look toward Super Bowl ring #6

Go Cowboys!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Judas;2773304 said:
Your number 1 should never be out played by your inferior.
Judas;2773342 said:
Williams is less productive because he's simply over rated.
:rake:
Judas;2773342 said:
You would admit this if he wasn't wearing the star, but it seems like when you have the star on your helmet, you're the best player ever.
That's... kinda funny. You REALLY haven't paid any attention to any of my posts concerning Terrell Owens while he was in Dallas, have you? :)