Zoners: Don't worry about our WR's for one simple reason:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2773630 said:
Interesting...I don't recall where I said that...
You didn't. It's Judas' continuing argument that Roy Williams (as the number one wide receiver) must match or exceed Terrell Owens' productivity for the offense to be highly successful. In truth, it's an argument with zero merit.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
For those who missed the joke, Judas is waving the white flag and saying he will be a homer so we all like him again.

I don't mind his negativity. I just wish he could be honest in his criticisms and I don't believe he is.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2773039 said:
You beat me to it. But because his prejudices are in favor of a Cowboy player, he won't be called on it.

The fact that he was called on it--in the post you quoted--what does that do to your argument?

I wonder if the fans who generally post positively about this team are more logical than they're given credit for after all?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;2774218 said:
The fact that he was called on it--in the post you quoted--what does that do to your argument?

Pointing out CC's bewildering 180 on Romo is an "argument"? More like "curiosity." Naturally I wanted to know what accounted for his dramatic change of heart, seeing as how precious little has changed since his "Romo sucks" thread. My guess is that CC wanted to be loved again, hence this "rah rah" thread. Some people are an easy sell.

I wonder if the fans who generally post positively about this team are more logical than they're given credit for after all?

Paying yourself an undeserved compliment? Lame.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2774229 said:
Pointing out CC's bewildering 180 on Romo is an "argument"? More like "curiosity." Naturally I wanted to know what accounted for his dramatic change of heart, seeing as how precious little has changed since his "Romo sucks" thread. My guess is that CC wanted to be loved again, hence this "rah rah" thread. Some people are an easy sell.

Was referring to your argument that he wouldn't be called out because CC's post was complimentary, obviously. Clearly, prejudices in favor of Cowboy players are called out when they're contradictory. And quoting a post where they have been as evidence that they won't be just doesn't make any sense.

;2774229 said:
Paying yourself an undeserved compliment? Lame.

Hey, now. I'll be the judge of what's lame around here. I think I"ll start with Judas's schtick.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbgun

Zoners,

When Dallas lost too Philly last year, I was upset, angry, emotional......Never have I been so upset with my Cowboys--period.

Have you ever felt these emotions and said something you really did not mean? If not, then I wish to have those qualities and maturity one day in the near future.

I love ROMO, but I reserve the right to get upset with him in the future.

Coach Parcells said he would like to kill Romo at times, but, he likes him ALOT!

All of us like a little LOVE in our life, however, I promise you this is NOT why I started this thread.....;-)

I really believe ROMO will make our WRs great not the other way around........I would not trade ROMO for any QB!

And if you look......I said that way before the Philly loss last year.

Thank you.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2774273 said:
Zoners,

When Dallas lost too Philly last year, I was upset, angry, emotional......Never have I been so upset with my Cowboys--period.

Have you ever felt these emotions and said something you really did not mean? If not, then I wish to have those qualities and maturity one day in the near future.

Coach Parcells said he would like to kill Romo at times, but, he likes him ALOT!

All of us like a little LOVE in our life, however, I promise you this is NOT why I started this thread.....;-)

I really believe ROMO will make our WRs great not the other way around........I would not trade ROMO for any QB!

Thank you.

The Philly loss last year, while painful to watch, showed how much (at least to me) Romo cares about winning...he was trying everything under the sun to try and get his team back in the game but it was just not our day.

With someone that has a drive like that, I'm glad we've got him on the team - it shows me that he'll never quit on the team no matter what kind of brutal day our guys are having on the field.

I'd much rather have that than someone that mails it in down two scores at halftime.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2772734 said:
Our #2 WR is not Austin. Our #2 WR is Witten until Austin proves he can step up. I'm not worried about our WR's because we also have Bennett and Felix.

I believe Roy CAN fill the #1 spot VERY, VERY well and replace TO.

I agree that Witten is our #2. With that said, Austin STILL doesn't even crack the #3 spot. That is still Crayton.

So, right now, Austin is trying to crack the #3 spot. Not even close to #2.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;2774273 said:
Zoners,

Thank you.
I have seen five win..., three win... one win seasons...

I have watched the Hogoboom's, Sweeney's and Carter's...

I have felt my heart mashed into the dirt under a Bear's 44-0 heel...

I have been pissed to high heaven...

I have destroyed televisions...

I have lacerated my left hand slamming my fist through a glass coffee table in frustration...

But never EVER have I come remotely close to stating that the Dallas Cowboys franchise sucked. And yes, Bach, before you comment, let me just say ****! Jerry Jones.

I'm talking about the Dallas Cowboys. Never EVER have I even dreamed of defaming the greatest NFL franchise to have graced this earth, one which will, God willing, outlast every single one of our great-great-great-great-great-freaking-great grandchildren.

The Dallas Cowboys have both won championships and played as poorly as can be imagined, but the Dallas Cowboys have never "sucked".

/end of rant

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DallasEast;2774006 said:
You didn't. It's Judas' continuing argument that Roy Williams (as the number one wide receiver) must match or exceed Terrell Owens' productivity for the offense to be highly successful. In truth, it's an argument with zero merit.
I begin to ask myself, what causes worse withdrawals, detoxing from vicodin or Terrell Owens?