Zoners: Most of you will not like this...

DBoys

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;2103862 said:
The better question is Pac come in and supplant Henry as the #2? That's what I want to know.

I hope so because he is not in the same league as Pacman.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2103789 said:
PACMAN is a more talented CB then TNew at critiquing aspiring Pole Dancers.

Remember, you read it here first and by the Thanksgiving day game EVERYONE in the Dallas area Adult entertainment industry will be in love with PACMAN's talents. :cool:

I think your message got cut off, but I fixed it for you. I totally agree with this, by the way.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Henry was playing like a pro bowler before he got injured.

I am, however, still angry about that tackle he botched against Toomer.

Either way, I wouldn't say Henry isn't in Pacman's league. Henry is a pretty darn good corner.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
guys he's not saying pacman is better. he's saying he's more talented which i agree with when you look at his whole game.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Xy_Oldone;2103830 said:
When did Brady and Peyton play for the cowboys? Missed that. lol

My bad......of course they did not.......that is what happens when you do not read between the lines! :lmao2:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2103897 said:
guys he's not saying pacman is better. he's saying he's more talented which i agree with when you look at his whole game.

Thank you Rampage.

On the football field and out of the topless establishments this guy has made more plays in his short amount of NFL time then TNew in his more then twice as many games........

p.s. I am not bad mouthing TNew.....it is just my opinion

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2104010 said:
this guy has made more plays in his short amount of NFL time then TNew in his more then twice as many games........

p.s. I am not bad mouthing TNew.....it is just my opinion

What do you consider "making plays"?

Newman has 16 interceptions in 77 games. Jones has four in 30 games.

David276

Benched
Reaction score
pacman is a beast but they are diff types of corner backs. newman takes the receiver out of the game and could care less about taking one back. pacman knocks people around and makes big plays and takes risk. nice combo this offseason is perfect man when was the last time we had a team this talented

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I just watched the old Cowboys/Titans game. Jones was very good at bump and run but he was burned by Terry Glenn for TD and TO would have had a TD on him too had he hung onto the pass.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Rampage;2103897 said:

I was just about to say the same thing. I agree Pacman is the more talented when you consider ball skills and return skills. Newman is still the better shutdown CB but he doesn't have the same level of talent that Pacman does.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Dude. You're a devoted Zoner (obviously). So, some slack should come your way, but T. New is a top 3 corner. Teams do not throw at Newman. He does not give up big plays, and more importantly, he does not give up touchdowns. Outside of Champ Bailey, who has been beaten more than Newman over the last 2 years, Newman is the closest thing to a shut down corner in the league today.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I think Pacman is a more talented player, but T-New is a better CB at this moment. T-New shuts people down, plain and simple. Pacman isn't as great at shutting people down, but his ability to creat INT's and his return skills make him more talented all around. Let's just say I'm glad to have both.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Doctor32;2104122 said:
Dude. You're a devoted Zoner (obviously). So, some slack should come your way, but T. New is a top 3 corner. Teams do not throw at Newman. He does not give up big plays, and more importantly, he does not give up touchdowns. Outside of Champ Bailey, who has been beaten more than Newman over the last 2 years, Newman is the closest thing to a shut down corner in the league today.
He's not saying Pacman is a better corner he is saying that Pacman has potentially more talent all around than Newman. Because right now clearly Newman is far and away better than Pacman mostly because he has been gone for so long off the football field. 2 years ago Pacman was starting to be become of the best CB's in the NFL because of his great athletic ability and big play game changing plays. I think without a doubt if he had never been suspended Pacman would right now be considered a top 3 CB with Bailey and Newman. Also add to it that Pacman was such an explosive return man when he played that i have to agree that Pacman if he returns to form is a better all around player than Newman although strictly as a CB i would say Newman is better than Pacman if both were at their peak. but to be honest after such a long layoff i dont think Pacman will return to that same form at least not this year although i still think he will a very good player for us and make lots of plays as our #2 CB eventually replaciing henry at that spot.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
gazmc_06;2104138 said:
I think Pacman is a more talented player, but T-New is a better CB at this moment. T-New shuts people down, plain and simple. Pacman isn't as great at shutting people down, but his ability to creat INT's and his return skills make him more talented all around. Let's just say I'm glad to have both.

they complement each other well

avoid Newman, throw to Pacman, and pay

Shady12

Reaction score
Wasn't Pacman only in his second season in 06? I think he was elite by the end of that season. According to stats like completion % against and things like that I saw stats listed somewhere that Pacman was better than Newman that season. He has the skill set to be the best in the league. As quick and explosive as TNew is Pacman is even better.