ZONERS: Pacman may be suspended one year, therefore

arglebargle

Reaction score
onetrickpony;1430019 said:
The problem is not his current issue in Las Vega. It's the 2 times he was arrested in the last year without notifying the team and the league. He is in violation of the personal conduct clause in his contract.

Whether he is charged with anything or not is not the issue. And the players union is just as concerned about the public perception of the league as a bunch of thugs as the NFL front office is. The vast majority of NFL players are good citizens whose reputation is being smeared but the few who insist on breaking the rules.

My guess is a 4 game suspension pending any action on the shooting in LV.

I think Pac Man gets thwacked with a year long suspension (which may actually help the Titans with their salary cap), so the Titans will probably release him next year. Unless he really goes all choir boy in the interim.

And really the Union (ie Gene Upshaw) has been operating on 'Us vs Them' rules. Protecting the players no matter what they had done. Recently though, the players themselves have been getting lots more serious about this. And most players are good, decent guys who don't like getting tarred with this sort of reputation. Upshaw is going with the flow and now is real interested in getting rid of these bad apples. 'Course a year or so ago, he was working real hard to keep a bunch of 'Balco' Raiders in the league.

Still, it's for the best interests of the league and players now.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Upshaw is finally wising up to the fact that a lot of players don't think much of him. He has been acting like a king to his subjects for TOO long. The PLAYERS are the ones mad about the thugs; Upshaw showed he did not care- and now he has been pretty much humiliated by being forced to catch up.

Reaction score
Of course not, Adam "Makin' It Rain" Jones has something else wrong with him that goes beyond maturity....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
1fisher;1430158 said:
no..... this is DK at his finest!!! the only rival DK has is LeotisBrown!:D

LeotisBrown is a bad mother(shut your mouth)...

Leotis don't like the Redstinks.....

:dissskin: Neither does my dog....

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
sacase;1429793 said:
Nothing is going to happen to him. He doesn't even have any Felony charges against him. The players union will prevent him from even getting a one game suspension. Hell others have had FELONY convictions and they have only had a 4 game suspension.

The NFL and the NFLPA might come to an agreement on some new rules but none will be retroactive. They will not apply to Pacman at anytime.

It's already happening. BSPN reported this morning that Jones is in violation of the conduct clause of his contract for failing to disclose 2 additional arrests last year.

Sorry, didn't read all preceding posts. Someone beat me to it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Forget the off the field incidents for a while if you can. Focus on his on the field stuff. Is he really all that talented? He is good, but I don't think he has an excess of talent. He is a great return man, but as a corner back, he is good, not great. He is small, is not physical and he uses poor technique. When he gets his hands on the ball he is dangerous. He does not do a great job of keeping the ball out of the receivers hands, which is his main job. I am not trying to say Pacman is not good. I just think he would be a huge risk to take on(I wouldn't do it). Iif you are taking a huge risk on him, he needs to be one of the best in the game. He is not.

Shouldn't the reward be worth the risk? In Pacmans case, he can't live up to that level. Take the best cornerback in NFL history in your opinion. Let's just throw out Deion Sanders out there since he played in Dallas. Would he be worth the risk if he had the same off the field problems as Pacman? Maybe, but probably not. And Deion was one of the best. Pacman does not come close.

CCBoy

Reaction score
CC, you are a seasoned Cowboy fan, and I have to give due respects in answering the tough question that you present...

First, Jones is a young adult, even if he has finely tune talent and sport abilities. I was a MP for a period in the Army, have served for four years as a court reporter, and was a drug and alcohol counselor for my respective units, for a period of about twelve over lapping years....

At any point in a young man's life, he has to be held accountable for the effects of HIS OWN actions...The individual has to be made to shoulder the effects of his selection process, or in this case, lack of a socially motivated set of acceptable conduct. He set sail on a route of self against the world, early on in his life, and sought seemy satisfactions and pleasures.

He was as criminal in intent, as those getting continually arrested around him...having benefited from the cloak of protection, that a worker protection umbrella that the union headed by Eugene Upshaw provides it's co-workers. By the way, Upshaw was unanimously re-elected again, yesterday, for another three year stint as President of the NFL Player's association....

As people corageously fight to win over and protect other's lives and the quality that the individual can recover and start to contribute with, they are continually asked to open their souls up to the need that remains in that injured and suffering person. Now, Jones is not a poster child as to a 'suffering' and persecuted person, but his whole being in reality, is in that endangered region, for the rest of his life. He will have to live with either resurrecting his life, and hence, his NFL career, or he will much more quickly not match up to the 'gamble' that is immediately implied with a player having his potential on the field impact.

The Cowboy franchise has prided itself in being stallwart, and progressing, in attempting to give back to it's players, what level of life should be afforded to each and every one of players that it has taken into the organization. It has steadfastly, and against social ridicule and name calling, continued to give recourse and ability to each and every player that was a member of it's team, until, for what-ever-the-reason, it no longer was a Dallas Cowboy. Here, the organization, headed by Jerry Jones, still never turned a deaf side to a former person in it's organization....

This situation involving Pac Man Jones, is a little on the outside of a pure Dallas consideration as to a possible consideration for adding to the organization. It well could even be a mute possibility, as this current season, should see the secondary situation ironed out and given a stable road of dissent for about three or four years forward, so any consideration dealing with a future availability of Jones, well could in the infacy, be a mute diatribe.

Additionally, he is the current 'problem child' of the Tennessee organization...who will probably own up to it's league responsibility of trying to walk the proper path of player support...and this is where the true function of the NFL Player's association comes to light, and ensures that the base priviledges and earned rights of Jones, or not swept under the rug, for organizational convenience....

Giving track records and individual commitment to a particular life-style, I sure would hate to fund a gambling undertaking that paid off an unsuccessful attempt for him to remain in the NFL....but, alas, a Pro Football player can approach actual murder, and walk under a generalized veil of leniency....

Here in Corpus Christi, see, I'm not afraid of reprisal-myself, a Judge allowed a convicted felon, who received a conviction of manslaughter of his OWN 9 month old son....to walk off on probation!! Now THAT is the other extreme, that is being confronted, whether it is discussed or NOT. He should be punished, and if he fails to own up to dictated and sanctioned procedures of proper ash cloth, wailling, and prayers at the wailing wall, he should be allowed to seek some sort of alliance with Dixon, Scott, and the other players who were really 'too prime-time' for the NFL, and us lowly, undeserving fans....

but, to be fair, I'll with hold my personal judgement as to his overall value through this period, until he is given a chance to receive penetence and satisfaciton as a 'reborn' player...so, ask me again in a year, and we shall rehash potentials...in the mean time, Dallas won't stop reloading in it's secondary....:bow:

notherbob

Reaction score
Good post, CC Boy, and aside from a couple of minor spelling errors, very well said and I agree.

It's just my opinion and I could be wrong but I think...

He knows what he is doing, he just doesn't care and he wants to impress people with his toughness and meanness and essentially saying "Don't mess with me, I'm bad, you'd better be afraid of me." (For those into transactional analysis, that's "I'm not OK and you're not either, you SOB!") That's a criminal attitude and those are things only he can choose to overcome and he doesn't want to.

Psychologically, my guess is that he suffers from a deeply felt inferiority complex, probably stemming from some early childhood traumas. I think he is pissed off about it and tries to hide it from others by putting up an uncaring mean exterior and lashing out at others whom he does not respect or like because he does not respect or like himself and feels very bad about it. I suspect he also has a secret death wish that he cannot consciously face and sooner or later, someone is going to grant his wish - it will likely be someone with a similar value system. Just a guess. :eek:

He values being a tough gangster and pretty much thinks he can get away with it and as long as he does, he is only going to get worse. Would jail time help him understand? Maybe, but history shows that it doesn't work for the vast majority of them. Time will tell and I'm in no hurry.

The bottom line is that it doesn't matter why he is the way he is, it's his responsibility to change and he probably won't.

He's the Titans' problem - let him stay someone else's problem. :cool:

1fisher

Reaction score
5Stars;1430322 said:
LeotisBrown is a bad mother(shut your mouth)...

Leotis don't like the Redstinks.....

:dissskin: Neither does my dog....

where the heck has Leotis been??:eek:

burmafrd

Reaction score
He is a moron and hopefully will end up in jail where he deserves to be.
I have no patience at all with those that try and come up with excuses for
thugs like him. THERE ARE NONE.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
CCBoy;1430743 said:
CC, you are a seasoned Cowboy fan, and I have to give due respects in answering the tough question that you present...

First, Jones is a young adult, even if he has finely tune talent and sport abilities. I was a MP for a period in the Army, have served for four years as a court reporter, and was a drug and alcohol counselor for my respective units, for a period of about twelve over lapping years....

At any point in a young man's life, he has to be held accountable for the effects of HIS OWN actions...The individual has to be made to shoulder the effects of his selection process, or in this case, lack of a socially motivated set of acceptable conduct. He set sail on a route of self against the world, early on in his life, and sought seemy satisfactions and pleasures.

He was as criminal in intent, as those getting continually arrested around him...having benefited from the cloak of protection, that a worker protection umbrella that the union headed by Eugene Upshaw provides it's co-workers. By the way, Upshaw was unanimously re-elected again, yesterday, for another three year stint as President of the NFL Player's association....

As people corageously fight to win over and protect other's lives and the quality that the individual can recover and start to contribute with, they are continually asked to open their souls up to the need that remains in that injured and suffering person. Now, Jones is not a poster child as to a 'suffering' and persecuted person, but his whole being in reality, is in that endangered region, for the rest of his life. He will have to live with either resurrecting his life, and hence, his NFL career, or he will much more quickly not match up to the 'gamble' that is immediately implied with a player having his potential on the field impact.

The Cowboy franchise has prided itself in being stallwart, and progressing, in attempting to give back to it's players, what level of life should be afforded to each and every one of players that it has taken into the organization. It has steadfastly, and against social ridicule and name calling, continued to give recourse and ability to each and every player that was a member of it's team, until, for what-ever-the-reason, it no longer was a Dallas Cowboy. Here, the organization, headed by Jerry Jones, still never turned a deaf side to a former person in it's organization....

This situation involving Pac Man Jones, is a little on the outside of a pure Dallas consideration as to a possible consideration for adding to the organization. It well could even be a mute possibility, as this current season, should see the secondary situation ironed out and given a stable road of dissent for about three or four years forward, so any consideration dealing with a future availability of Jones, well could in the infacy, be a mute diatribe.

Additionally, he is the current 'problem child' of the Tennessee organization...who will probably own up to it's league responsibility of trying to walk the proper path of player support...and this is where the true function of the NFL Player's association comes to light, and ensures that the base priviledges and earned rights of Jones, or not swept under the rug, for organizational convenience....

Giving track records and individual commitment to a particular life-style, I sure would hate to fund a gambling undertaking that paid off an unsuccessful attempt for him to remain in the NFL....but, alas, a Pro Football player can approach actual murder, and walk under a generalized veil of leniency....

Here in Corpus Christi, see, I'm not afraid of reprisal-myself, a Judge allowed a convicted felon, who received a conviction of manslaughter of his OWN 9 month old son....to walk off on probation!! Now THAT is the other extreme, that is being confronted, whether it is discussed or NOT. He should be punished, and if he fails to own up to dictated and sanctioned procedures of proper ash cloth, wailling, and prayers at the wailing wall, he should be allowed to seek some sort of alliance with Dixon, Scott, and the other players who were really 'too prime-time' for the NFL, and us lowly, undeserving fans....

but, to be fair, I'll with hold my personal judgement as to his overall value through this period, until he is given a chance to receive penetence and satisfaciton as a 'reborn' player...so, ask me again in a year, and we shall rehash potentials...in the mean time, Dallas won't stop reloading in it's secondary....:bow:

:star: You brought up some very thoughtful insight......thanks