ZONERS: ROMO is the best QB in Cowboys history

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
How do I know that?

I watched Stauback and Aikman--THEY ARE GREAT! :bow:

Laugh at me if you want.....but, ROMO POTENTIALLY has the chance to out shine them all........even HOS will have to admit it!

HE IS AWESOME........quick release/accuracy/running ability/calmness in pocket/MOXIE, you name it ROMO has it!

Mr. Jones PAY him today and get it over with! :cool:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
well I guess we wont know that for years, but right now, I'm guessing no

David

DTK

Reaction score
Sorry CC, but no. He needs to add a few Lombardi's before I'll even consider him with Stauback and Aikman. I see where you get the "Crazy" from. But hey, that's all good. We need some optimism on this board.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Whacked out Crazy. right now he is clearly 3 or 4. Meredith and White are right there with him- one of them maybe ahead. But he is still MILES away from our top 2.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1633920 said:
How do I know that?

Laugh at me if you want.....but, ROMO POTENTIALLY has the chance to out shine them all........even HOS will have to admit it!

HE IS AWESOME........quick release/accuracy/running ability/calmness in pocket/MOXIE, you name it ROMO has it!

Whoa cowboy. Let's give it a few more years before we make that claim. Romo has looked good and has shown the potential to be an elite QB in this league but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about we allow Romo time to build his own legendary resume instead of comparing him to Staubach or Aikman? Staubach was no Aikman and visa versa. Romo can be great all on his own. I can never understand this tendency for putting current players on tiers higher than those of already established great players.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know Crazy might be on to something.

Romo may not be the best QB yet... but the best "passer"? Hmm.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;1633986 said:

And let's not forget that he's the best Cowboy semi-pro golfer of all-time.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1633986 said:

I'd still say no right now...Romo is getting betetr though, but he still misses a few too many easy ones...Staubach played in a different era and teams mugged receivers alot more then so its harder to judge him, but Aikman in his prime was automatic and threw balls that usually hit guys in stride play after play..he also had a far better arm

David

cowboys19

Reaction score
Once he wins a super bowl, then we can talk....

ps: and im a hugggggggge Romo fan.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1633920 said:
How do I know that?

Now I know why you call yourself Crazy!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
DallasInDC;1633980 said:
Whoa cowboy. Let's give it a few more years before we make that claim. Romo has looked good and has shown the potential to be an elite QB in this league but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Hey, one it looks, walks and quacks like a Duck......well,

ROMO is awesome.......I can tell through experience.......40 years of watching football!

GO ROMO.......don't hate!

Laker24diehard

Reaction score
Romo struggles with the deep ball half the times, Eli showed him up first. Romo is improving but far from greatness!

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Romo has a chance to end up being the best. He REALLY does. Right now all the info at hand says he is a special QB that is only going to get better. Might not be the Cowboys best QB yet, but in the end, he sure might be..........

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed;1634079 said:
Romo has a chance to end up being the best. He REALLY does. Right now all the info at hand says he is a special QB that is only going to get better. Might not be the Cowboys best QB yet, but in the end, he sure might be..........

Thank you!

Glad someone else is seeing the MOXIE!

Why do so many of you Zoners want to hate?

Do you wish you had selected him in your fantasy draft and passed? :lmao2:

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1634109 said:
Thank you!

Glad someone else is seeing the MOXIE!

Why do so many of you Zoners want to hate?

Do you wish you had selected him in your fantasy draft and passed? :lmao2:
.......Funny you mention that. My starting QB this weekend for my fantasy team..........TONY ROMO!!!! Glad I had the forsite to draft him....

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Week 1 Judgements: After dismal performances, why wait to make QB changes?
Sep. 9, 2007
By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
Tell Clark your opinion!

1. Tony Romo averages 23 yards a completion, and I'm not sure if he's that good or the Giants' pass defense is that atrocious. What I do know is the time is right to talk long-term contract again.