ZONERS: ROMO is the best QB in Cowboys history

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Roughneck;1645453 said:
Believe it or not I do read both (as already evidenced by one of my posts in this thread). The truth is it doesn't matter whether you make the statement in the thread title or in the post itself. When you claim that a QB who has never even so much as started an entire NFL season is better than the likes of Hall-of-Famers Staubach and Aikman, you deservedly open yourself up to criticism.

He didn't say, "ROMO will be the best QB in Cowboys history" or even "ROMO could be the best QB in Cowboys history." He said "ROMO is the best QB in Cowboys history" and that's the biggest bunch of BS I have read on this board since the "brothers" were banned.

and he followed up by saying potentially

which therefore nullfies that whole title.

But please, by all means continue to get your feathers ruffled over a guys opinion, im sure it really means alot to him

Roughneck

Reaction score
dargonking999;1645454 said:

But please, by all means continue to get your feathers ruffled over a guys opinion, im sure it really means alot to him
And you can go on keep believing that one sentence (no matter how far it backtracks) completely nullifies another.

Everybody wins.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999;1645454 said:

Yeah, it's kind of like a title such as, "Google Desktop. Info when you want it, right on your desktop" and then having this follow it: http://desktop.google.com/eula.html

The fine print is a *****. :)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
utrunner07;1633972 said:
this is the biggest knee jerk thread of them all....

No, yours is.
Because of the generalization.:laugh1:

Staubach is the greatest
Aikman
Meredith
all the others

I'd rather have CC's unbridled optimism than your cynicism.
You need a nap:)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1645554 said:
No, yours is.
Because of the generalization.:laugh1:

Staubach is the greatest
Aikman
Meredith
all the others

I'd rather have CC's unbridled optimism than your cynicism.
You need a nap:)

Nice post, thanks for posting.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Romo could very well put up the best stats of any quarterback we've ever had. Even if that were to occur, many would still argue that Aikman and Staubach were better. Right now, Aikman and Staubach are far more talented than Romo fundamentally. The only way Romo could be better than them if he eclipsed their Superbowl records AND put up better stats.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Romo isn't the best. Or at least we can say that he hasn't "proven" to be at this point. Something like that takes years and quality football.

But I must say, to a younger (21) Cowboys fan such as myself, it certainly feels like Romo is the best. My memories of some of the greats are sadly non-existant, and my memories of Troy are faint, although present. Even still, I remember more clearly the much less glamorous END of his career than anything.

After that, as we all know, we had some rough times at the QB position. Romo has basically given me the first QB I can get up out of my seat and cheer wildly for, knowing he will be damn good enough to get the job done if the other side of the ball doesn't blow it.

It's still early, but right now it feels like we got our QB. And that means my generation may have just gotten its Staubach or its Aikman. I hope that one day I'll be telling my kids/grandkids about this guy while they annoint the next new Cowboys starter.

"Boy, whatchoo know bout' the Romosapien? The Romojo? The Romomentum?! Johnny McStar (lol...or some fancy name) ain't got nothin' on him." :laugh2:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
It's still Pro Bowl Tony
4 Statistically speaking, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo didn't have a sterling performance. He completed just 14 of his 29 passes for 186 yards. However, he displayed his unique playmaking ability against one of the league's better defenses. The 2-yard touchdown pass to Tony Curtis was right out of the Brett Favre-Roger Staubach handbook of making something out of nothing. Then there was the 34-yard touchdown pass to Terrell Owens on fourth down to seal the game. He had no turnovers.

Couple of HOFers compared to OUR BEST QB EVER ! SIGN HIM JERRY!

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
romo still has time and by the time he retires, we might be saying exactly what crazy said....