ZONERS: ROMO is the best QB in Cowboys history

Doomsday101

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1643854 said:
It was just one game CC.

How many games do you need? Myself based on what I saw last season and coming into this season I think Tony is the real deal and I don't see the wheels falling off in his play any time soon. That does not mean he will not have a bad game here or there as every QB has but looking at the overall picture of Romo play and how he handles the offense and players on the offense in my opinion I have no question he is the real deal.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1643861 said:
How many games do you need? Myself based on what I saw last season and coming into this season I think Tony is the real deal and I don't see the wheels falling off in his play any time soon. That does not mean he will not have a bad game here or there as every QB has but looking at the overall picture of Romo play and how he handles the offense and players on the offense in my opinion I have no question he is the real deal.

I agree - he's the real deal. Now if our defense can step up for him...

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
First off, I'm a huge Romo fan. Ever since the preseason game against the Raiders a few years back where he was faking like he was gonna spike it and then did a QB sneak for the win. That showed me something.

Anyways, even if Romo wins 3 Super Bowls, I'm not sure we'd ever give him the credit of being the best Cowboys QB of all time. Primarily because we as Cowboys fans, tend to place a bigger emphasis on past stars than we do more current ones. Players become more "mystical" as time passes and their flaws tend to fade and the great plays tend to stay with us.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Why must we castigate our fellow Cowboy fan for showing some exuberance and enthusiasm? Television networks commit numerous resources to acquiring expert prognisticators who can make the sort of predictions that CC has shared with us. So, clearly, such insight is a sought after commodity.

Furthermore, if we wait until the fact has almost completely revealed itself, what's the point? There's no real insight there.

In my opinion, it's too early to rank Romo on any list. Doing so is akin to evaluating a student based on only one exam when the rest of the class has taken several exams.

However, I won't begrudge CC for his courage and optimism!

:thumbup:

k19

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1633923 said:
CC speaks......................and he say's this?:p:

beats his 16500 other 3 or 4 word posts but ..

ummmmmmmmmm no. Hate to burst your man-crush but He's not better than Roger or Troy at this point. Where were those 2 in their 5th season in the league? Troy was comming off a SB win and going to another as well as back to back probowls. Roger took us to the NFC Chamiponship game and had already won a SB in 71.

All the potential in the world doesnt mean anything if you can't execute (not that you can make those decisions off less than 1 season) The deciding factor of just how great he will truely be is going to bepend on the things CC didn't mention like "can he stay healthy" how well will he handle adversity (we all admit he's got a pretty good supporting cast right now) and can he shed somne of the "bad" habits coaches have worked so hard on breaking.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
How can we judge a half a seasons worth of playing time compare to borderline HOF careers?

VirusX

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1633920 said:
How do I know that?

I watched Stauback and Aikman--THEY ARE GREAT! :bow:

Laugh at me if you want.....but, ROMO POTENTIALLY has the chance to out shine them all........even HOS will have to admit it!

HE IS AWESOME........quick release/accuracy/running ability/calmness in pocket/MOXIE, you name it ROMO has it!

Mr. Jones PAY him today and get it over with! :cool:

Said this a couple weeks ago. Don't downplay romo's ability or potential to be one of the greatest in the NFL and the greatest of the cowboys QB's. He has the makings of a hall of famer and the potentially to succeed our current icons. A LOT or years and work down the road and we shall see...

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Ozzu;1645031 said:
First off, I'm a huge Romo fan. Ever since the preseason game against the Raiders a few years back where he was faking like he was gonna spike it and then did a QB sneak for the win. That showed me something.

Anyways, even if Romo wins 3 Super Bowls, I'm not sure we'd ever give him the credit of being the best Cowboys QB of all time. Primarily because we as Cowboys fans, tend to place a bigger emphasis on past stars than we do more current ones. Players become more "mystical" as time passes and their flaws tend to fade and the great plays tend to stay with us.
If romo wins 3 Sb's HE will be the best Cowboy Qb EVER...PERIOD!.

If romo has similar games like He did week one through his Career + 3 Sb's, He'll have better stats then any Dallas Qb, plus He has Moxie...:star:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys | Romo named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for Week 1
Sat, 15 Sep 2007 05:33:46 -0700

Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for Week 1. Romo completed 15-of-24 passes for 345 yards with five touchdowns, four passing and one rushing, during the team's season opener.

2007 NFL MVP waiting to happen Zoners--Mark it Down and don't forget it!

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Aikman and Staubach won their Super Bowls playing on teams that had Top 5 defenses.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
DAVIE - Joey Porter puts Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo in some pretty elite company.
"He reminds me of a young Brett Favre," the Miami Dolphins linebacker said.

Farve....hum.....HOFer to be.....guess Porter likes ROMO....put him on the ROMOMANIA BAND WAGON!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ozzu;1645031 said:

I really disagree,
Staubach was a very religous, stoic and hardworking player that the average fan could relate to. He is everything you wanted in a QB. But kind of didn't like or want media love. Ex Navy guy just wanted to go to work. Won two SB's but also lost a few.

Troy was a machine in a perfect offense we assembled. Had little to no personality and really was lukewarm accepted nationally. I have him #2 behind Staubach.

Tony Romo is the closest thing the NFL has seen since JOE NAMATH as far as star appeal and charisma. He has IT, and if he ever rattled off 3 Super Bowl wins in Dallas he will be #1 Dallas QB ever. He has the small school kid that slew the dragons (Henson, Bledsoe). He is a national media darling and if he continues this arc, the sky is the limit.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;1633920 said:
How do I know that?

I watched Stauback and Aikman--THEY ARE GREAT! :bow:

Laugh at me if you want.....but, ROMO POTENTIALLY has the chance to out shine them all........even HOS will have to admit it!

HE IS AWESOME........quick release/accuracy/running ability/calmness in pocket/MOXIE, you name it ROMO has it!

Mr. Jones PAY him today and get it over with! :cool:

Lemme guess.........and Ware is the best DE we've ever had too right?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
BTW guys

he did say potentially.

Ad im inclined to agree, he hasn't shown me anything to say, that he can't get the next great Dallas QB. And none of you can sit here and tell me that there is no way after it is all said and done, that there isn't a chance Romo is talked about to be the greatest QB Dallas has had.

Crazy may say some Crazy things, but once in awile he actaully says something worth talking about.

Roughneck

Reaction score
dargonking999;1645385 said:
BTW guys

he did say potentially.
And yet the title of this thread is "ZONERS: ROMO is the best QB in Cowboys history." I didn't see the word "potentially" anywhere in there.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Roughneck;1645412 said:
And yet the title of this thread is "ZONERS: ROMO is the best QB in Cowboys history." I didn't see the word "potentially" anywhere in there.

So you now respond to just the title without reading the post?

well now i know

Roughneck

Reaction score
dargonking999;1645441 said:
So you now respond to just the title without reading the post?

well now i know
Believe it or not I do read both (as already evidenced by one of my posts in this thread). The truth is it doesn't matter whether you make the statement in the thread title or in the post itself. When you claim that a QB who has never even so much as started an entire NFL season is better than the likes of Hall-of-Famers Staubach and Aikman, you deservedly open yourself up to criticism.

He didn't say, "ROMO will be the best QB in Cowboys history" or even "ROMO could be the best QB in Cowboys history." He said "ROMO is the best QB in Cowboys history" and that's the biggest bunch of BS I have read on this board since the "brothers" were banned.