Zoners: Thank you God for the Red Headed Genius

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners,

Are you folks as EXCITED as I am with Coach Garrett calling the shots in Big D?:starspin

Gurode sent packing this morning.

He is instilling a aura of competition throughout the team which in-turn has the young guys playing hard in hopes of making the team.

Calm me down Zoners, but, are we headed for the playoffs with this young OL?:starspin I REALLY BELIEVE WE ARE GOING PLACES!

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I just love what Garrett is doing.

Now, it may not pay off with a playoff trip or Super Bowl this year, but he's building for the future. And I am convinced that his approach will bring this team back to greatness very soon. No more coddling or apologizing for players who are lazy and underperform.

:shades:The future's so bright, we gotta wear shades.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I love it!!! I hope we have our coach for the next 15 years. I hope JJ doesn't get antsy and get rid of JG after 3 years. These 2 our building something good and making good decisions.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
smile.jpg

CoCo

Reaction score
Cowboystar17;4073803 said:
I love it!!! I hope we have our coach for the next 15 years. I hope JJ doesn't get antsy and get rid of JG after 3 years. These 2 our building something good and making good decisions.

I sure hope Jerry has nothing to be antsy about in 3 years. :eek:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who knows if it's a good move or not?

I'll save judgement for when it actually matters.

If we don't get results than there is no reason to applaud these moves.

brickman

Reaction score
I don't think we are there yet, but we are definitely going in the right direction!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4073781 said:
Zoners,

Are you folks as EXCITED as I am with Coach Garrett calling the shots in Big D?:starspin

He is instilling a aura of competition throughout the team which in-turn has the young guys playing hard in hopes of making the team.

Calm me down Zoners, but, are we headed for the playoffs with this young OL?:starspin I REALLY BELIEVE WE ARE GOING PLACES!

Why? I think it's a hell of a lot more fun to be super excited! :laugh2:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Cowboystar17;4073803 said:
I love it!!! I hope we have our coach for the next 15 years.

I think he will outlast Jerry .......and when he decides to retire as a coach he will be Stephens choice as GM.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Definitely seeing Garrett and Stephen Jones make their marks on this team. My only question is, "Who's Next?..........Anybody? Anybody?.........Buehler?"

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboyDan;4073883 said:
Definitely seeing Garrett and Stephen Jones make their marks on this team. My only question is, "Who's Next?..........Anybody? Anybody?.........Buehler?"

I'm beginning to think the Bue may not make it onto the roster. Especially with the kickoffs pushed up to the 30. That and Garrett's demand for players to prove themselves. He has proved nothing thus far except that he can miss a lot of kicks in practice.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4073781 said:
Zoners,

what about the defense? can you make me believe they have it? rat james and lee---any team can run up the middle on us...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
STSINAZ;4073908 said:
what about the defense? can you make me believe they have it? rat james and lee---any team can run up the middle on us...

Listen!

We are only focusing on the positives right now ;)

Rob Ryan has a PLAN FOR THE D! He is keeping it SECRET from his brother.

CoCo

Reaction score
nyc;4073900 said:
I'm beginning to think the Bue may not make it onto the roster. Especially with the kickoffs pushed up to the 30. That and Garrett's demand for players to prove themselves. He has proved nothing thus far except that he can miss a lot of kicks in practice.

Watching Bailey & Graham knock through 3 medium range FG's with poise and calm, and seeing our ST stop most kickoff returns near the 20 (except the 60 yearder!) I concluded Buehler is gone.

I still like his potential but camp reports imply little to no progress on his FG's and roster spots will be too valuable for two kickers in 2011 IMO.

Maybe I'll be surprised, but right now I think it'll be Bailey alone with Forbath stashed somewhere for future consideration (IR? PUP?).

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
OMG, seeing what Jason seems to be doing with the team, I can only imagine how he must have been SEETHING inside with the complete opposite way Wade Phillips did things!

Wade would not usually ever let the vets lose their starting spots regardless, etc, and we rarely played a lot of young guys.

This is one VERY different approach. Risky in some ways, but very exciting as well. Probably very good for the long term, although there are a couple of positions on the team where I wouldn't mind bringing in a solid vet if they got cut elsewhere still.

OT and CB or safety if we could get a helper come to mind.

VERY different approach to this team these days, but our salary cap situation might just clean itself up pretty quick over this and next season, providing us with opportunity to make some splashes along with a re-focus on growing young talent at home and through draft.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm really hoping the tandem of Garrett and Ryan stick it out here for a good long while, I'd love to see what they can do with a couple more off seasons like this one.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
CATCH17;4073823 said:
Who knows if it's a good move or not?

I'll save judgement for when it actually matters.

If we don't get results than there is no reason to applaud these moves.

I think that is a very short sighted way to look at things. Yes the o line could get blown up this year and might not turn in a good record.. still does not make these bad moves at all. This team has needed a direction for a very long time. JC is putting that direction in place. There very well could be short term pain but it is the right direction.

I think we will compete this year. But even if we don't, I bet these guys play all out for 60 minutes every game. And that is the first step to building championship teams.