Zuerlein not the answer

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I think the blocked kick was just poor special teams all around...

That's the problem with this team. They gave him a contract based on what? Meanwhile, the kicker who finished last season was perfect...

This team's FO is just a complete joke. We have entered the Browns, Jets, and Lions territory...not a place we want to be...
I think it was based on him being one of the best kickers in the league.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
SMH so Hard i cant write.:facepalm:

you watch KC last night Kicker was hero stud the game before missed xp and fgs last night his team overcame it.. titans kicker game 1 ..look stop the madness they arent lettings him go this early.. what exactly has he done other then one missed xp and a 53 yard fg?

forbath was nice but didnt he have issues kicking Tbs? had some balls go out of bounds on kicks.. noones perfect..

we have far more issues then the kickers..

have we left anyone out that supposed to be cut or fired the first 4 weeks?

this place is SAD

Old distance was 20 yards , its now 33 yards, so more like a FG attempt.

Also had the opportunity to sit behind the Goal Posts at an NFL game they are narrow as compared to what they look like on TV.

Goal post width was changed from 18 feet wide to 14 feet wide so much narrower.

When you get a chance remember that a good size room in a house is 12 by 12. Think of that from 33 yards away or even 50 which makes it much more impressive how good these guys normally are.

Bizwah

Reaction score
We aren't blocking for him well at all. If you've seen the games, you've probably seen a guy from the outside running free almost every time. I told my wife after he missed the first XP, "he's getting blocked sometime this game". The outside guy almost got him then.....that's why he missed the first time. Probably saw him coming and over comphensated.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
SMH so Hard i cant write.:facepalm:

you watch KC last night Kicker was hero stud the game before missed xp and fgs last night his team overcame it.. titans kicker game 1 ..look stop the madness they arent lettings him go this early.. what exactly has he done other then one missed xp and a 53 yard fg?

forbath was nice but didnt he have issues kicking Tbs? had some balls go out of bounds on kicks.. noones perfect..

we have far more issues then the kickers..

have we left anyone out that supposed to be cut or fired the first 4 weeks?

this place is SAD

Yup, and Z is a big reason why we have a win, lest we forget! It doesn't take much for this board to turn on a player.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We aren't blocking for him well at all. If you've seen the games, you've probably seen a guy from the outside running free almost every time. I told my wife after he missed the first XP, "he's getting blocked sometime this game". The outside guy almost got him then.....that's why he missed the first time. Probably saw him coming and over comphensated.

Yup! You have to have some time to actually get the kick away to be successful. As a former kicker in HS, I can tell you all that kicking is a lot like driving or golf (I'm not a golfer, but I know a little about golf). To make a successful kick, you have to hit a specific sweet spot on the ball, and the swing of the leg has to go a specific direction. Any slight deviation from it will cause a miss. Oh, and you have to watch the kick the whole way. If you look away or try to watch where the ball is going, you'll look up and see the ball sailing wide or falling short. Kicking is a lot harder than it looks.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He missed a 53 yd field goal against the rams. And now an extra point. The block was on the blocking unit.

And the first miss was also partially on the blocking unit. When you have a missed block, the kicker sees that and can cause him to over correct or try to swing his kick a lot more quickly than he wants to so it doesn't get blocked. When that happens, the chances of missing the sweet spot goes even higher.

aria

Reaction score
I'm so confused...so I know he missed the two extra points but how is he not the answer? How quick we forget he won us the Falcons game lol. If it wasn't for Greg the Leg we'd be 0-3 right now which is what probably most of you want anyway.
While I agree with the first part, he didn’t win the Falcons game for us. The Falcons stupidity won the game for us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
While I agree with the first part, he didn’t win the Falcons game for us. The Falcons stupidity won the game for us.
Ok and did the Falcons kick the field goal to win? Falcons just lost again because of stupidity. Stupidly and Falcons go hand in hand at this point.

aria

Reaction score
Ok and did the Falcons kick the field goal to win? Falcons just lost again because of stupidity. Stupidly and Falcons go hand in hand at this point.
Nope, if it weren’t for their lack of basic 4th grade football knowledge then the FG wouldn’t have even be in play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nope, if it weren’t for their lack of basic 4th grade football knowledge then the FG wouldn’t have even be in play.
Ok but I can't judge guys based on "what ifs" I can only go by based on what actually happened. And what actually happened was the Cowboys recovered a onside kick from Zuerlin and then he had the game winner.

davey999

Reaction score
Out of all the terrible personnel decisions this FO made, this one is down the list.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He missed a 53 yd field goal against the rams. And now an extra point. The block was on the blocking unit.
It’s only 3 games so in not calling for his job. Although missing a extra point isn’t kool. But I do wonder if Forbath is around or kicking for another team..