Zuerlein not the answer

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It’s only 3 games so in not calling for his job. Although missing a extra point isn’t kool. But I do wonder if Forbath is around or kicking for another team..

Forbath has been unemployed since Dallas cut him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You think. He was anointed the placekicker after a lousy year in 2019. Forbath was perfect after he took over. The special team's coach should be fired. Our special teams are worse this year...

Just because we didn't see him miss a kick during his short stay in Dallas doesn't mean he's never missed one. Forbath has played for six different teams and has been unemployed since Dallas cut him.

CWR

Reaction score
I think blocking was a big part of the problem. I remember watching the first one and it seemed rushed. I dunno maybe I'm tripping. Greg will be ok.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zuerlein was the answer in week two. One week a player is hailed a hero and the next week fans are asking for their head.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He missed an XP before the one that was blocked...
b;ocked isnt a miss thats on the Linemen IMO and OFFICIAL stats show it as ONE miss XP this year..one miss so why argue this isnt Mahsr we are talking about he is 5 makes under 50

jeez people i guess Jesus needs to come play because every player needs to be perfect in order to keep their jobs that takes me back to Dak pull the player who had 3 Tos that cost us the game not the kicker who missed an XP/..lmao get it now this is stupid thread period

God are you there we need You and your son to paly here in order to be prefect like all the fans...

if all the players have to be perfect to keep their jobs we wouldnt have team nor league..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yep missed the FG against the rams. We lost by 3 points.
so it was 53 and those arent gimmmees so get life MR Perfect,..i bow to your perfection this thread is flat DUMB!! how about the 3 we passed on because MM decided it wasn't in the analytics? that would have tied the game either one only ties it not win by any account..lmao

you people are insane

glimmerman

Reaction score
so it was 53 and those arent gimmmees so get life MR Perfect,..i bow to your perfection this thread is flat DUMB!! how about the 3 we passed on because MM decided it wasn't in the analytics? that would have tied the game either one only ties it not win by any account..lmao

you people are insane
Whoaaah bro. I ain’t everyone else. I am not calling for his job. I wondered where Forbath was in case he gets in a funk like kickers can. They get in there own heads and make it worse. I like him. And if he hit that 53 yarder and MM was smart enough to do the obvious and take the 3 points in the 4th quarter then we win that game.

I am not insane. Crazy but not insane.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Whoaaah bro. I ain’t everyone else. I am not calling for his job. I wondered where Forbath was in case he gets in a funk like kickers can. They get in there own heads and make it worse. I like him. And if he hit that 53 yarder and MM was smart enough to do the obvious and take the 3 points in the 4th quarter then we win that game.

I am not insane. Crazy but not insane.
sports are not about ifs and butts in hindsight's and for sure players arent perfect , if that what we are looking for

please get rid of Dak..dudes had 2 fumbles and 2 picks one ended agame in loss..want to point blame poor Greg should go put up dnt pay Dak signs in the locker room if thats what this fan base wants..Gregs missed one FG Daks made monumental mistakes and how many overthrows and worm burners can we ad d to that arent those MISSES??

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
they have lost their minds in here dude needs to be Jesus to get a pass

Seems so. It's crazy the things that are said here about some of the players. Trust me, kicking is much harder than it looks, and kicking a field goal not only relies on the kicker getting it through the posts. You need the blockers to block so it doesn't get blocked. The snap has to be on target. The hold has to be down and proper. That's before the kicker gets to kick. If any of those parts go wrong, you're not making the kick. And, as the kicker is following through on the kick, the blocking has to hold up long enough for nobody to be able to jump in front of the ball and block it. As stated before, there's a small sweet spot that must be hit. The 2 XPs that Z missed, imo, were completely different. The first one was on Z, but I think the lack of blocking there played a role on that. The second was blocked. That was a total failure on the blocking. Not Z's fault.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
b;ocked isnt a miss thats on the Linemen IMO and OFFICIAL stats show it as ONE miss XP this year..one miss so why argue this isnt Mahsr we are talking about he is 5 makes under 50

jeez people i guess Jesus needs to come play because every player needs to be perfect in order to keep their jobs that takes me back to Dak pull the player who had 3 Tos that cost us the game not the kicker who missed an XP/..lmao get it now this is stupid thread period

God are you there we need You and your son to paly here in order to be prefect like all the fans...

if all the players have to be perfect to keep their jobs we wouldnt have team nor league..
Idk if you had a cocktail or what but...

He's missed 2. He's 7 for 9, one of them was the block.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Z/ZuerGr00.htm

glimmerman

Reaction score
sports are not about ifs and butts in hindsight's and for sure players arent perfect , if that what we are looking for

please get rid of Dak..dudes had 2 fumbles and 2 picks one ended agame in loss..want to point blame poor Greg should go put up dnt pay Dak signs in the locker room if thats what this fan base wants..Gregs missed one FG Daks made monumental mistakes and how many overthrows and worm burners can we ad d to that arent those MISSES??
Maybe we can trade straight up for wentz. Our FG kicker needs to miss a lot more than he has to get rid of him. Look at how long we kept the last kicker. I just don’t want him missing extra points. 53 yards is a tough kick. He has plenty of leg. I will say his kicks scare me. Do you watch how the ball travels. It goes like it’s gonna hook or push and straightens right up. The game winner he kicked freaked me out but would have been good from 60.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Seems so. It's crazy the things that are said here about some of the players. Trust me, kicking is much harder than it looks, and kicking a field goal not only relies on the kicker getting it through the posts. You need the blockers to block so it doesn't get blocked. The snap has to be on target. The hold has to be down and proper. That's before the kicker gets to kick. If any of those parts go wrong, you're not making the kick. And, as the kicker is following through on the kick, the blocking has to hold up long enough for nobody to be able to jump in front of the ball and block it. As stated before, there's a small sweet spot that must be hit. The 2 XPs that Z missed, imo, were completely different. The first one was on Z, but I think the lack of blocking there played a role on that. The second was blocked. That was a total failure on the blocking. Not Z's fault.
And after you have one blocked it has to make the kicker think on the next one and make him nervous. Nerves of steel. I miss the days of the ice man. I got spoiled.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And after you have one blocked it has to make the kicker think on the next one and make him nervous. Nerves of steel. I miss the days of the ice man. I got spoiled.

Exactly, cuz then, as a kicker, you start trying to go through your motions more quickly expecting to have it blocked again trying to compensate for potentially poor blocking again. If as a kicker you go through your motions more quickly, you tend to miss the sweet spot because you're more worried about getting the ball out so it's not blocked than you are where you're hitting the ball. Thus creating a bigger disaster. Even the best kickers get thrown for a loop once one gets blocked.

blueblood70

Reaction score
the point is this OP was stupid for starting the post with words Zurliens not the answer and hes missed one FG over 53 and an xp blocked and one bounced off an upright wow hes so horrible lmao..see facts emotional outbursts have hit an all time high..

our starting QB threw 2 INTs and FUMble Pollard withthe Muff, stupid penalties DB that can cover and YET Zurlien made the list? lmao