1 read Dak

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Yes, there were many factors that went into our loss against Jacksonville. I've said this time and time again and I keep getting dismissed. Dak has his mind set where he's going to throw the ball at the break of the huddle and ignores any and all other options to the point of force feeding the ball.

With nobody around him (so nobody can say he was pressured), Dak threw that ball and the receiver wasn't there and it landed right in the hands of the defensive player as a pick 6 who ran it back for a touchdown.

There are many clips demonstrating Dak going through multiple so this is simply false.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
From your original comment, you are talking about the Noah brown flop. Which is 85's fault, not Dak.

But the first interception, you are correct. That was all Dak. I was at the game, terrible throw and even worse decision to make the throw.

Truth be told I was in an uproar when I created this post. Enough to where I was confused which one caused the 6 points.

Yes Brown should have caught that ball. By the time Dak decided to throw it to Brown he was covered but Dak still threw it to him. He didn't look to see if anyone else was open. At least that's what it looked like on TV. But you were there. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just relaying what I saw on TV.

Look, my point wasn't even about the interceptions (thus I named the post "1 read Dak")... My point is again, come hell or highwater, he's going to force the ball to whoever he has decided to from the huddle (whether or not that receiver is covered) and not look at who all is open.. He's been doing that the last couple games.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Truth be told I was in an uproar when I created this post. Enough to where I was confused which one caused the 6 points.

Yes, Brown should have caught that ball. By the time Dak decided to throw it to Brown he was covered but Dak still threw it to him. He didn't look to see if anyone else was open. At least that's what it looked like on TV. But you were there. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just relaying what I saw on TV.

Look, my point wasn't even about the interceptions (thus I named the post "1 read Dak")... My point is again, come hell or highwater, he's going to force the ball to whoever he has decided to from the huddle (whether or not that receiver is covered) and not look at who all is open.. He's been doing that the last couple games.

Nah, again I have to disagree.

I don't know what you're watching but it is obvious Dak isn't a 1 read QB. Most QBs aren't 1 read, but it also depends on the play. Dak scans the field very quickly and makes a decision. I don't know how you don't see this. Try watching the all 22 from the past few seasons.

Dak's a fine QB and has the potential to carry a team. My problem with him is, he can progress the field too quickly at times and throw to the wrong receiver when he feels pressure. Remember we have had the worst pass block rate this season. I'm not excusing him but you have to take this into account when judging him this season.

In my opinion, he's smart enough to throw the ball away but he doesn't. Not sure what his agenda is when he doesn't. So I get some of the criticism he receives but a lot of it is still unjustified and Kellen doesn't give him alot of help, creating plays to create separation for our receivers.

Also, remember we are dead last in WR separation yards. Yet, we are the least sacked team in the league....well before the JAX game anyway. With a worse QB, we would have less production on offense yet he still finds a way to make throws.

Sorry for the long response but my point is.....yes sometimes he makes bone headed decision but remember he is getting no help with receivers getting hardly any separation and the worst pass blocking line in the league, yet he still makes plays. Of course he will have picks with those metrics, but for the most part......he does what he needs to, to score and progress the chains.

This is the biggest reason why I don't understand dak haters. We don't get schemed for our receivers to get wide open hardly at all. Most other QBs do, so dak normally HAS to throw in tighter and more contested windows to make a play and is usually successful.

It's all on film man, I watch every game with my cousin twice a week. Once for offense and the other defense. I love talking football and not emotional banter that tends to flood this forum too often. These topics are what this forum needs! Thanks for reading.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I do, but not saying his play calling isn't to blame either...in the end, Dak is the QB and Moore does not buzz him in his helmet telling him when to, not to pass LOL
I haven't even seen Moore talking with Dak on the sideline going over stuff. Look around the league and you will see OC working with the QB after most series on the tablet...... Not Moore though

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Yes, there were many factors that went into our loss against Jacksonville. I've said this time and time again and I keep getting dismissed. Dak has his mind set where he's going to throw the ball at the break of the huddle and ignores any and all other options to the point of force feeding the ball.

With nobody around him (so nobody can say he was pressured), Dak threw that ball and the receiver wasn't there and it landed right in the hands of the defensive player as a pick 6 who ran it back for a touchdown.
The receiver wasn't there? The ball touched both of his hands.

But let me ask you this... If the play is designed to go to a wide receiver, who's running an option route. How long should a quarterback look at that wide receiver to know which way the WR is about to cut?

One second?
2 seconds?
3 seconds?

HungryLion

Reaction score

Yes Brown should have caught that ball. By the time Dak decided to throw it to Brown he was covered but Dak still threw it to him. He didn't look to see if anyone else was open. At least that's what it looked like on TV. But you were there. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just relaying what I saw on TV.

The other receivers ran rub routes to get Brown open.

The play was designed to go to Noah Brown. If you have a problem with the play design. That’s a question for Kellen Moore.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That is the polar opposite of criticism from ex players/coaches of the Cowboys offense.

Kurt Warner says they have too many reads in the offense.

INT in OT was on the WR.

The 1st INT was a bad decision. He had a defender in his face and forced the throw. Why force a thrown when up on the scoreboard. Just punt and move on.

Complaining about things that didn't actually happen make you appear to be trolling.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Anybody who still thinks Dak is a one read QB at this point either doesn't watch football or doesn't understand what it is they are looking at.

A lot of fans hate him and I get that. But just don't make stuff up because in the end it doesn't do the agenda any justice.
I have seen his eyes move.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't even seen Moore talking with Dak on the sideline going over stuff. Look around the league and you will see OC working with the QB after most series on the tablet...... Not Moore though
I have.

You would have to be at the game to know what they're doing while the Cowboys defense is on the field..

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
interesting observation, either have I. Does anybody even show Dak where he has gone wrong???
That's a good question and I would say no.

Garrett didn't, Linehan didn't, Moore and McCarthy hasn't either.

I think Kitna as QB coach was doing great with Dak.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I have.

You would have to be at the game to know what they're doing while the Cowboys defense is on the field..
Didn't say it didn't happen, just I haven't seen it.

If you say you have seen Moore during with Dak going over things on the tablet, no reason to doubt you

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
3692527_std.jpg

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

I guess the guy doing color for the game who recapped a play and showed Dak go through his reads must have been mistaken. You'd think a guy who played tight end for a professional football team would know when the QB focuses on one receiver and never looks away.

However, if we are going to be accurate, there are a couple of threads where I put the pictures of the receiver THAT WAS THERE AND TIPPED THE BALL TO THE DEFENDER.

But I am certain some spare guy on the internet has a better understanding about Dak and what he can accomplish during a play. Even though that Bill Belichick type fan who educates us all on The Zone doesn't see the entire field and all twenty-two players at the snap of the ball.

I can't imagine why people have dismissed your comments.

I can't wait for your assessment of Maher and how he puts his anchor foot in the wrong spot and it is the wind which sends his kicks 60 yards. I'm certain it will be a thrilling treatise.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nah, again I have to disagree.

I don't know what you're watching but it is obvious Dak isn't a 1 read QB. Most QBs aren't 1 read, but it also depends on the play. Dak scans the field very quickly and makes a decision. I don't know how you don't see this. Try watching the all 22 from the past few seasons.

Dak's a fine QB and has the potential to carry a team. My problem with him is, he can progress the field too quickly at times and throw to the wrong receiver when he feels pressure. Remember we have had the worst pass block rate this season. I'm not excusing him but you have to take this into account when judging him this season.

In my opinion, he's smart enough to throw the ball away but he doesn't. Not sure what his agenda is when he doesn't. So I get some of the criticism he receives but a lot of it is still unjustified and Kellen doesn't give him alot of help, creating plays to create separation for our receivers.

Also, remember we are dead last in WR separation yards. Yet, we are the least sacked team in the league....well before the JAX game anyway. With a worse QB, we would have less production on offense yet he still finds a way to make throws.

Sorry for the long response but my point is.....yes sometimes he makes bone headed decision but remember he is getting no help with receivers getting hardly any separation and the worst pass blocking line in the league, yet he still makes plays. Of course he will have picks with those metrics, but for the most part......he does what he needs to, to score and progress the chains.

This is the biggest reason why I don't understand dak haters. We don't get schemed for our receivers to get wide open hardly at all. Most other QBs do, so dak normally HAS to throw in tighter and more contested windows to make a play and is usually successful.

It's all on film man, I watch every game with my cousin twice a week. Once for offense and the other defense. I love talking football and not emotional banter that tends to flood this forum too often. These topics are what this forum needs! Thanks for reading.
:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
That is the polar opposite of criticism from ex players/coaches of the Cowboys offense.

Kurt Warner says they have too many reads in the offense.

INT in OT was on the WR.

The 1st INT was a bad decision. He had a defender in his face and forced the throw. Why force a thrown when up on the scoreboard. Just punt and move on.

Complaining about things that didn't actually happen make you appear to be trolling.
actually finally got to see an angle on Espn whole they were talking about that game and 95 the defnder behind dak as he was throwing got enough of Daks Jersey to effect that 1st INT but dak was running away from pressure saw the guy in front /side #45 coming but it was the other guy that caused the ball to sail dak thought he was clear of ,#95 ....so both INTs were not forced simply bad pay on the wr and good ply on the Defense.

its carap shot but i took it off my TV and il make it my avatar.95 got just enough of daks shoulder to make the ball sail..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's a good question and I would say no.

Garrett didn't, Linehan didn't, Moore and McCarthy hasn't either.

I think Kitna as QB coach was doing great with Dak.

I don't know what these guys tell the QB's in their meetings. What I do remember is I liked how Dak played while Kitna was his qb coach. I don't believe Moore does a good enough job teaching players or his support staff the fine techniques of what he wants done.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
On that last play he literally looks at Schultz first and then goes to Brown.

How about if we’re going to criticize the QB, do it for the actual valid things he does poorly, not just make stuff up.

morat1959

Reaction score
FkWT4EbXwAAv2j1

How can you be that dumb, OP? I'm beginning to think Dak is a serial adulterer and is sleeping with several wives and husbands around the DFW area. It's really the only thing that makes some of these incessant vitriolic comments make sense.
Dak sux!