105.3 speculating there was a scheme change prior to last week

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I dunno but Dak hadn’t broke the pocket that many times in a game in awhile and he was a different player for our offense because of it.

We need to put those legs to use because the arm is average at best.

I’ve been saying all year get Dak out of the pocket! He’s much more dangerous when he rolls out. Now add to that the TE’s getting involved and we are a much tougher team to defend.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hope someone listened to more of it but yesterday at noon the GBag show said there’s whispers that Linehan didn’t put the whole game plan together last week like he had been

This morning Skin said there may have been a scheme change.

Found this interesting. Is Garrett doing more in the game plan side or would this be Sanjay?
probably Garrett....there was more of his offense in there than previous games.....

aikemirv

Reaction score
If you throw in the Philly game then 7 of his 22 TD passes for the entire season came in 2 games.

and 5 of those were in 2 qtrs and OT

2 in 3rd qtr of the Washington game.

So 7 of the total passing TD's in 3.5 qtrs

That equates to 32% of his total passing TD's in 5.4% of quarters played.

The other 95% is very tough to watch at times with Dak at QB!

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Yeah..

Fortunately we got an entire season to look back on and while his 4 TD game was impressive he only threw 22 TDs all year and those 4 TD were almost 1/4 of all his TD passes on the season.

Dak was a playmaker on Sunday and if he were making plays like that instead of sitting in the pocket and doing nothing for most of the season then all the criticism would vanish.

Just ignore the plays he’s continually made WHEN IT MATTERS MOST.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Thanks...your opinion is one of negativity and hate. Go follow the Commanders or something if it isn't good enough.

As you tell it...how in the heck did we win the division?
You sound a little sensitive. There are posters on here who really spew the hate. This was not one of those post. I disagree, but just one guys opinion. Go Cowboys!!

Reactions: Ken

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hope someone listened to more of it but yesterday at noon the GBag show said there’s whispers that Linehan didn’t put the whole game plan together last week like he had been

Found this interesting. Is Garrett doing more in the game plan side or would this be Sanjay?

"Scheme" and "game plan" are not interchangeable terms. The game plan may have been somewhat different, but they didn't scrap the "scheme".

links18

Reaction score
Was there a scheme change?

Yeah, Zeke didn't play and it loosened up the offense. Of course, it is not Zeke's fault they keep running him into stacked boxes. NFL wisdom from 90s, where our scheme comes from, was to set up the pass with the run, but when everyone knows you are going to run Zeke regardless, you get what we have gotten much of the year: stacked boxes and futile offense. We are going to have to set up the run with the pass in order to be effective in the playoffs. Dak did a fairly nice job last week.

cern

Reaction score
I’m not sold that he will get a job as HC next season, but it’s certainly possible. He apparently is a bigger/hotter commodity than I thought he would be.

Still, if I had to guess right now, I’d say that I think teams feel like he needs a tad more seasoning and he returns as the Dallas DC with a substantial raise.
I hope he stays, but I've had people know my socks off during job interviews. when that happens, I offer them a deal on the spot and tell my personal assistant to cancel further interviews. I get the feeling Richards will do that to someone. keep in mind candidates were willing to work for jerry, Daniel Snyder, the davis's in Oakland and the bidwells. it's the mother of all jobs for a coaching candidate.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Consider the source and at the same time consider the fact that the outcome of the game did not matter. What better time to stretch out and put more of the load on the QB with RB1 on the sideline? Dak needed a confidence boost after two below average games and the only way to do that was to put the game on him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
LOL. The offense scores some points so now Garrett was suddenly more involved.

These "rumors" were probably started by Garrett himself.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, that certainly crossed my mind. Just speculating as to why they would show new wrinkles heading into the playoffs instead of waiting... that is assuming that really is what happened.

I actually I feel that it’s more likely that there really wasn’t a change other than knowing Elliott and the OL weren’t playing and that they’d have to open up the playbook in order to compete... with maybe a little bit of tinkering because their playoff picture wouldn’t change even with a loss.

That's how I interpreted the events also... I think they (the Cowboys offensive staff) knew they weren't going to be able to run the ball.

And then you had the defense playing arguably their worst game of the season forced the offensive coordinators hand to being more aggressive.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
One thing that is completely obvious if you watch Cowboys is the number of seam routes that were called. Pretty much had been avoided all season and then against the Giants, the seam was exploited big time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope he stays, but I've had people know my socks off during job interviews. when that happens, I offer them a deal on the spot and tell my personal assistant to cancel further interviews. I get the feeling Richards will do that to someone. keep in mind candidates were willing to work for jerry, Daniel Snyder, the davis's in Oakland and the bidwells. it's the mother of all jobs for a coaching candidate.
There was a time when a coach had to pay his dues, bide his time and make his move at the right time but that has all changed. Any coach can take a HC job and fail and still land on his feet. The NFL is into recycling coaches so as long as a coach stays relevant and keeps his network open, he's good. Norv Turner is the poster child for that. As is Wade Phillips.

CB61

Reaction score

If it is true that's a good thing instead of leaving it all up to Scott Lenda hand to the other team, whatever it was last hope it continues hopefully we drawn up some new plays and some twists and turns for Seattle God knows lend-a-hand wouldn't come up with them, that would probably make his brain fry