Video: 105.3: The Cowboys' Refusal To Go All-In Leads To An Epic Broaddus Rant

slick325

Reaction score
Broaddus isn't wrong.

They HAVE to use early free agent signings, trades AND drafting well. It has to be all of the above.

Barnum and Bailey both get blame for the championship ineptitude. Clown show who likes to be comfortable.

Last edited:

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
It was a nice chat.

Around 11:30 one guy starts to directly blame everything that is happening on JJ, but Broaddus says he handed the day-to-day ops over to SJ some time ago.

Around the 14:00+ minute mark BB maybe raises his voice a little.

But BB definitely lays the blame for the dysfunction of the Cowboys at the feet of SJ.

To me, since JJ still carries all the titles, including ownership, it’s his fault.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Broadus looked livid the entire clip.

And this dirtbag organization pays the cheerladers $20,000 a year? Who can forget the story where one was forced to fly with Jerry and some businessmen in her cheerleader outfit.

I'm nearing the end of this ****. I've had enough.

1942willys

Reaction score
It was a nice chat.

Around 11:30 one guy starts to directly blame everything that is happening on JJ, but Broaddus says he handed the day-to-day ops over to SJ some time ago.

Around the 14:00+ minute mark BB maybe raises his voice a little.

But BB definitely lays the blame for the dysfunction of the Cowboys at the feet of SJ.

To me, since JJ still carries all the titles, including ownership, it’s his fault.
IF so which I doubt who HANDED IT TO STEPHAN?
So the blame stops there

CWR

Reaction score
The way they've been hitting the bargain bin, you would think they'd be in the best cap shape ever??? It's a mess...
As much as we've appreciated some of the bargain bin players one completely over looked pitfall to the approach is it grooms guys to be "me first." Everyone that comes here on those deals has motivation to do their best, HOWEVER they can also be motivated to play undisciplined, selfish football, trying to pad their own personal stats. I don't have a clue if that happens but it's naive to think it couldn't.

J_Allen

Reaction score
As much as we've appreciated some of the bargain bin players one completely over looked pitfall to the approach is it grooms guys to be "me first." Everyone that comes here on those deals has motivation to do their best, HOWEVER they can also be motivated to play undisciplined, selfish football, trying to pad their own personal stats. I don't have a clue if that happens but it's naive to think it couldn't.
I didn't think about that but it's basically how everyone on the team plays anyway.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Broadus looked livid the entire clip.

And this dirtbag organization pays the cheerladers $20,000 a year? Who can forget the story where one was forced to fly with Jerry and some businessmen in her cheerleader outfit.

I'm nearing the end of this ****. I've had enough.
That’s new to me too, I didn’t know they make so little.

When I was stationed in Korea, the DCC came for a visit during Thanksgiving! Giving up their holiday to be with us! And they were so nice, taking time to chat, sign numerous autographs, selfies, etc.

Then recently I heard about their weight and waist size measurements. Wow. I don’t know how they do it, the why is the glory I guess.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This was the year to go all in. Instead they put all their cheap eggs in the draft basket and it was a complete bust. Its too late now. Lame duck coach. They should move on from Dak, see if Lance can play. If he can, jackpot. If he can't the next coach will have a high pick. That "all in" ship has sailed.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you are the owner of a sports team, the reason you hire someone else to be the GM is to ensure you have someone who doesn’t/can’t fall in love their own players because their job depends on it.

The problem with JJ and SJ is they fall in love with their own players, believe in best case scenarios (because their jobs and livelihood do not depend on it) and they do not possess the football talent to do it right.

Jerry Jones is an absolutely great businessman. One of the best. But his skill of optimism kills him as a GM. Because he believes in his football choices and decisions too much. It works great in business situations, not in roster building.

Because it is a killer for the cold hard decision making skills required of a GM who must win playoff games. Jerry is a GM like a fan would be. He gets sentimental about players and coaches. He keeps players too long. He’s slow to recognize problems until they are obvious to everyone. He’s like a dad who genuinely believes his high school athlete kid is a star, and they’re not. Jerry is incapable of being a clear eyed cold and successful GM. He’s like a fantasy football player.

Jerry cries every training camp talking about how much he loves his team, his coaches and his players. Sadly I believe him. And it’s exactly why the winning owners of the last 28 super bowls all recognize they need to hire someone else to build the roster.

mrmojo

Reaction score
That’s new to me too, I didn’t know they make so little.

When I was stationed in Korea, the DCC came for a visit during Thanksgiving! Giving up their holiday to be with us! And they were so nice, taking time to chat, sign numerous autographs, selfies, etc.

Then recently I heard about their weight and waist size measurements. Wow. I don’t know how they do it, the why is the glory I guess.
Before Jerry it was $15 a game, Tex was a tight wad.