Video: 105.3: The Cowboys' Refusal To Go All-In Leads To An Epic Broaddus Rant

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t understand why they would make a change anywhere. The Cowboys are always the talk of the town, they have many all pro players, and have 3 straight 12 wins. Plenty of television time and money for the franchise. Plus the Joneses get to look cool and not have to worry Jimmy dissing them in front of the coaches or having to follow what Bill says about Romo.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Mazi was a good pick but remember what Stephen Jones said once we like our style of smaller defensive tackle, we.dont believe in big nose tackles, remember when amari.was traded for a ,5th, money issue but later eagles top wr traded for a number one, best I remember another top wr traded to a number one, stephen jones couldn't make a trade out of a brown paper.bag, he got fleeced by Ezekiel elliot for more money, he got fleeced by the raiders for amari cooper, he got fleeced by gallup and his agent for money, he got fleeced by dak and his agent for more money, case in point, dak got 59 million, , super qb for chiefs who won championship games and super bowls. STEPHEN JONES IS THE PROBLEM
In what world was Mazi a good pick?

Ken

Reaction score
the good starts at 12:10
Ya i heard it, and he isn't wrong.

I didn't think it was epic though. His impassioned speech prior to the FA deadline this year....that changed my mind to go after Henry...

That was epic...this was a good point and he is right.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Broadus looked livid the entire clip.

And this dirtbag organization pays the cheerladers $20,000 a year? Who can forget the story where one was forced to fly with Jerry and some businessmen in her cheerleader outfit.

I'm nearing the end of this ****. I've had enough.
It’s a part time job, all the cheerleaders have full time jobs outside of that.

sacase

Reaction score

And this dirtbag organization pays the cheerladers $20,000 a year? Who can forget the story where one was forced to fly with Jerry and some businessmen in her cheerleader outfit.

Just more anti Jerry Jones lies that people put out. They make like $75000 a year. $12-15 for practices $500 for appearences.

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl...-heres-how-much-the-average-salary-is/265895/

The average NFL cheerleader is $22k. But keep lying away to feel justified in your wierd hatred.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

don't all orgs pay the girls crap?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Disappointing. I’ve seen more intense stuff here. All those guys are too scared to get into true Jones debates.

plasticman

Reaction score
I would like to see the opposite of "all in". I think it is necessary for the Cowboys to take one step back before they can go forward.

The Cowboys are trapping themselves via the salary cap just like they did in the late 90's. They are paying superstar money to multiple players just like they did with the triplets and Deion Sanders. You cannot do this.

These guys are insisting that teams that win Super Bowls are teams that go "all in".. Really? So the eventual Super Bowl champion is the only team to go all in? Or, are they suggesting that going "all in" means that the odds of winning a Super Bowl will greatly increase? That's not good enough.

That's not worth sacrificing the quality of future teams by trading draft picks for talented veterans. Nor is it worth losing the talent they already have in the future.

Let's pretend that the Cowboys are not lucky. In fact, suppose the Cowboys are truly unlucky, is that a stretch? So the Cowboys go "all in". Injuries pile up, the ball bounces the wrong way, close games are lost and no Super Bowl......and no future. Fewer quality draft picks and less cap space could push this team back to the Campo years.

Lately, a few teams have gone "all in" and ended up winning the Super Bowl......a Super Bowl......one Super Bowl. That's not good enough.

The Cowboys have won Super Bowls and, just like all others, those Super Bowls were history five minutes after they were played. Next season, they are "defending" Super Bowl champions.

This is about historical dominance. It has always been about that. It's what "legacy" is all about. Winning one Super Bowl just makes the Cowboys average. There are 32 teams and it been 27 years since the Cowboys won a Super Bowl. The laws of probability say it's practically their turn.

When was the last time a team won back-to-back Super Bowls? Were they the kind of team that goes "all in"? Or was this team built methodically through the draft with their best talent homegrown? How about the defending SB champion today? Did Kansas City go "all in"? Is that what you do when you trade the best receiver in the league?

Two teams have won 6 Super Bowls. Two teams have won 5 Super Bowls, including the Cowboys. Only one of these four teams are still alive in teh playoffs, the 49ers. They are the other team that has won 5 Super Bowls. Despite the value of the franchise itself, the Cowboys can no longer be considered an elite franchise any longer unless they do something elite again. This is something you go "all in" through elite management and coaching.

A team can have superior talented players but that doesn't automatically translate to a superior team.

ICP

Reaction score
Thanks to the OP for this. Makes so much sense and now I can hate somebody else!

GMO415

Reaction score
Cowboys will suck until the last conservative Jones has breath in their lungs.

Generations will be born and die before this team ever makes it to a SB.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Steven Jerry I don't care whose fault it is I've been preaching about the team building for years now and how it's designed to keep the team relevant not get a championship.

Finally the media is getting on the bandwagon it took them long enough to see this trend where we have known it for years.

It's all about their comfort and convenience they are unwilling to sacrifice to build a champion so we must settle for what they are willing to build what choice do we have

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
When you are the owner of a sports team, the reason you hire someone else to be the GM is to ensure you have someone who doesn’t/can’t fall in love their own players because their job depends on it.

The problem with JJ and SJ is they fall in love with their own players, believe in best case scenarios (because their jobs and livelihood do not depend on it) and they do not possess the football talent to do it right.

Jerry Jones is an absolutely great businessman. One of the best. But his skill of optimism kills him as a GM. Because he believes in his football choices and decisions too much. It works great in business situations, not in roster building.

Because it is a killer for the cold hard decision making skills required of a GM who must win playoff games. Jerry is a GM like a fan would be. He gets sentimental about players and coaches. He keeps players too long. He’s slow to recognize problems until they are obvious to everyone. He’s like a dad who genuinely believes his high school athlete kid is a star, and they’re not. Jerry is incapable of being a clear eyed cold and successful GM. He’s like a fantasy football player.

Jerry cries every training camp talking about how much he loves his team, his coaches and his players. Sadly I believe him. And it’s exactly why the winning owners of the last 28 super bowls all recognize they need to hire someone else to build the roster.
Damn.... What a great post. Well said sir.

:thumbup:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Stephen is the problem!! Definitely one of them, maybe the main one.
No, Stephen's not the problem as he doesnt have the chance not to be the GM. Nepotism ,where Jerry is still around, is still on Jerry he is the organ grinder (just doesnt do the day-to-day). Stephen cant give-up because he's probably trying to prove himself to Daddy....... when Jerry passes on, the empire falls, Stephen doesnt get the 'pass' his father does.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
No sale, Broaddus. Jerry is still running this thing because it still hasn't changed from when he took over in the late 1990s. That's just the bargaining stage of denial. Yes, he IS pulling an Al Davis.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I would like to see the opposite of "all in". I think it is necessary for the Cowboys to take one step back before they can go forward.
Oh yea, the horse bolted. A team should go "all in" when it's a piece away, not making this a Dak thread, but even if we extend him we still base around the team on his fragile composure in play-off games.

I maintain that Jerry's got enough support in commercial and media (eg Broaddus in the OP) sectors that will jump ship if/when he passes on and Stephen's left the become the emperor.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Oh yea, the horse bolted. A team should go "all in" when it's a piece away, not making this a Dak thread, but even if we extend him we still base around the team on his fragile composure in play-off games.

I maintain that Jerry's got enough support in commercial and media (eg Broaddus in the OP) sectors that will jump ship if/when he passes on and Stephen's left the become the emperor.
I think his composure becomes much less fragile if he doesn't have to put on the cape and has a power running game where he can play at a level where he's comfortable.

If he had the running game he did when he came in the league and the offensive line with his passing ability at present we would be in the super bowl.

John813

Reaction score
Definitely some points that make sense. They want to run the draft & personnel and not have a coach rock the boat. MM looks like a guy happy to be there, a la Wade Phillips to a certain extent.

We'll see how they handle this offseason. Another sitting out of FA will lead to more of the same of one and done.