105.3thefan, Jerry Jones on now, its live

dupree89

Reaction score
This lame-duck status for a head coach does not work. Sure, you may find a few instances where teams have done it, but historically teams stay away from this for obvious reasons. Mainly that players view the head coach as having no power and is likely out the door at season's end.

But here is Jerry thinking he may go against the odds and be some genius. The NY Jets, another poorly run franchise with an owner that sticks his nose where it doesnt belong, even smartened up and said "you know, you're right Rex, we cant have you back on the last year of the contract...here is an extra year....now get to work".

Jerry once again thinking he is the smartest NFL Executive ever. When in fact he is closer to being the dumbest.

khiladi

Reaction score
I think players are professioinal, they understand with or without a contract, u can lose your job,, several even had more years on their contract, but they lost their job
im pleased we have kiffin and callihan, we had a rough year, but necessarlily didn't have it because of coaching, haven't sat down, discussed it with Jason, no hurry on that yet, I think u have to assume their contract status is still here, some are contract, some are not, whatever their contract status is, it is

Was he implying the reason all his coaches are here because of contract.. If that's the case, I think that's why Jerry is keeping Garrett, but just playing damage control and PR. Of course he's gonna say JG is the man for the job if he want him to finish out his contract and not pay other coaches until he get rid of the salaries.

At least I hope...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
This lame-duck status for a head coach does not work. Sure, you may find a few instances where teams have done it, but historically teams stay away from this for obvious reasons. Mainly that players view the head coach as having no power and is likely out the door at season's end.
But players here already know the head coach has no power.

And really, the best year we had here in many years was 2009, when the head coach was a lame duck.

I think it really comes down to money. Jerry hates paying people to sit at home.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
Nah, you can tell he thought it was just bad luck. That's all it is, bad fortune. One of these years our luck will turn around and we can win 10 games.

Really, Jerry isn't even trying anymore.
always gambling, never winning

khiladi

Reaction score
I will say this, I thought in recent yrs we had more talent then this yr, and having romo on field u should have more success, look at green bay with backup qb, look at challengs we had, number of players to bring onto field, some weren't even going to be on rosters this yr, I think we had a good yr, and u look at ur debth, do u put more money in less players or more players, thought we did good job managing cap due to 10 m due to take that away from us

Jerry, none of those guys off the street were on offense. They were on defense. When you talk Romo and being better, tha relates to offense. You can't excuse the offense when you OL has essentially been healthy, Romo hasn't seen sacked anywere near as much as when Garrett was in control and you've hd conistency at most positions the whole year. Cut the garbage.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess what Jerry, I know the Eagles will be a lot better next year, I know the Skins will be better next year, and Coughlin never stays down long. This means if you don't make huge improvements, next year we'll be on the bottom looking up.

lwehlers

Reaction score
why even listen to this man he says the same crap everytime. team just stays the same while everyone else in the division and nfl will fix there problems and improve.

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
Even with a defense that was very limited with all the injuries, we were 3 turnovers away from making the playoffs... I think with one more year under the system and with added defensive players via the draft, we can be better!! I mean nothing is changing so why not hope for the best, we as fans may think we deserve something but in reality were owed nothing.. So I continue to hope that my kids will have a chance to fall in love with this team the way I did with my dad and grandfather...

visionary

Reaction score

But here is Jerry thinking he may go against the odds and be some genius. The NY Jets, another poorly run franchise with an owner that sticks his nose where it doesnt belong, even smartened up and said "you know, you're right Rex, we cant have you back on the last year of the contract...here is an extra year....now get to work".

Jerry once again thinking he is the smartest NFL Executive ever. When in fact he is closer to being the dumbest.

this is a really important point and i was thinking of starting a thread about it

most of you know i am not a fan of Garrett (anymore)
however, you either fire him (my preference :)) or give him an extension

because, if he is coaching on a 1 year "probation" then no good co-ordinators will want to come here and coach under him and as the HC you would be reluctant to bring in strong co-ordinators for fear they might get you job

bad situation all around

pastordug

Reaction score
Bottom line, he did just what we thought he'd do: He blamed it all entirely on injuries.

Sounds as if JJ is running for political office? He ducked and dodged giving a straight answer. The only correct answer he gave was that HE, JJ, was to blame. Not injuries but HIM. The GM. But when the GM is the OWNER what can you do? Expect another 8-8 year?

khiladi

Reaction score
Eye on Football ‏@EyeOnNFL 1m
Jerry Jones: "I know first hand that people should or would blame me for the overall position of the franchise."
Jerry Jones notes coaches who were fired Monday with worse records than Jason Garrett. Mentions Mike Shanahan specifically

And Mike Shanahan still got his teams to the play-offs in a season where you can be 3-13 on year and win the division the next. Absolutely none of it help your case. The Commanders had high expectations this year, like the Cowboys, and failed and he was dumped. We continue to make excuses for this clown. They dumped the HC because of RG3 as well, while we still continue to keep this buffoon whose ruining Romo's career.

And this year MS had his best WR injured part of the year and his franchise QB allegedly was still not healthy and came back too quickly, mising traning camp as well. Jim Schwarz was fired and he still beat your incompetent offense that couldn' muster a lead' despite getting 4 TOs by the defense.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Even with a defense that was very limited with all the injuries, we were 3 turnovers away from making the playoffs... I think with one more year under the system and with added defensive players via the draft, we can be better!! I mean nothing is changing so why not hope for the best, we as fans may think we deserve something but in reality were owed nothing.. So I continue to hope that my kids will have a chance to fall in love with this team the way I did with my dad and grandfather...
Jerry loves fans like you. he has been feeding you crap for the last 17 years.(one playoff win)and you keep eating the crap up. i do not get it.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
And Mike Shanahan still got his teams to the play-offs in a season where you can be 3-13 on year and win the division the next. Absolutely none of it help your case. The Commanders had high expectations this year, like the Cowboys, and failed and he was dumped. We continue to make excuses for this clown. They dumped the HC because of RG3 as well, while we still continue to keep this buffoon whose ruining Romo's career.

And this year MS had his best WR injured part of the year and his franchise QB allegedly was still not healthy and came back too quickly, mising traning camp as well. Jim Schwarz was fired and he still beat your incompetent offense that couldn' muster a lead' despite getting 4 TOs by the defense.

Shanahan has nothing on offense except a QB and a RB; his QB was not right physically the entire year. They mortgaged their future in RGIII and it backfired. The Skins have good talent on defense so they could be relevant again in 2014 if RGIII returns healthy. I feel for Shanny but I think he will get another HC job somewhere.

Schwarz is just an undisciplined psycho who could not manage his team.

BigMac6

Reaction score
Tom Orsborn ‏@tom_orsborn 2m
Jones to KRLD-FM: "It doesn't surprise me, or cause me major negative feelings, that I'm the ultimate responsibility for how we are doing."

No, really? Why Mr. Jones?

Jerry Jones: "I think Jason Garrett is a much better coach than he was in 2007."[/quote]

How many time left until he became an NFL coach?

At time it's not bad living in the other side of the world, at least is possible to avoid him speaking.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to think that maybe he's looking at the situation in Carolina and decided to see if he could turn it around ala Riverboat Ron. Just guessing, but it's the only thing that makes sense. Granted Ron Rivera has tons more experience than Jason Garrett, but this has to be why you decide to stick with a guy whose been literally average throughout his tenure.

In advance of Sunday's Bucs-Panthers matchup, Rivera gave some advice to Schiano during a Wednesday conference call with Tampa reporters.

"Just stay the course," Rivera said, per PewterReport.com. "... Last year, I was in the same situation, and we got on a roll at the end of the year, and now this year we've gotten on a roll again. It's just so hard to win in this league, and you've got to develop your team first. I think people have to be willing to take the lumps and accept it.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ra-offers-greg-schiano-advice-on-the-hot-seat

Eddie

Reaction score
Said he made the decision weeks ago to keep Garrett. I'd bet it was when we got to 7-5, pretty much ensuring we'd be relevant until the end of the year. Which of course ensures TV ratings, ticket sales, and lots of nine dollar beers and 18 dollar frozen margaritas.

Yep, 90,000+ people packed into Jerryworld were entertained.

morasp

Reaction score
Just because we had close games doesnt mean were close to turning the corner and the window is closing and may already be closed for the core players on this team. No matter how Jerry spins it there really is no plan at Valley Ranch, we will react as we always do and probably copy whatever the SB winner did this year and use that as our blueprint for 2014....unbelievable.

Even if we had beaten the Eagles, the Saints would have done the same thing to us they did earlier. To paraphrase Henderson's comment on Wilcox, we are light years from being a contender.