1053 - Is Micah Parsons' behavior wearing thin at The Star?

darealvelle

Reaction score
Thats the way I see it. I'm excited about the defensive coordinator coming. From what I've heard other players say, he will bow up on you if you aren't doing your job.
Zimmer defenses were always too notch. I think our defense will actually be better and not so dependent on turnovers and sacks.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I think that this article is propaganda, designed to create a trade where there isn't any intent for the Cowboys to do that. Parsons plays as close to Lawrence Taylor as anyone, and doesn't have the drug issue. The Cowboys will NEVER be able to replace his performance, not a single draft pick in the draft is going to do that, I'm quite sure!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
This coming from a Penn State alum...

I like Micah. And All of the antics aside, since we are obviously in a rebuilding mode, I don't know why we don't Herschel Walker this guy in a trade for at least two number 1s, or at least a first and whatever else we can get, while he's still under control contractually speaking.

Michael Parsons is not going to bring this particular roster to the promised Land. Our next window isn't probably for another few years at least, when he's more likely not to be here. So again I ask, why not trade him now? I mean we're tanking anyway, so if we lose his production that would only assure a higher draft pick of our own. Win-win.
He’s looking for minimum $25 million per season and that’s the market. I’m sure lots of teams would be interested, but the teams smart enough to have cap room for him have that cap room because they prudently use the draft. He will not garner a “Herschel Walker” type haul in trade because teams have learned the value of good draft choices. They are at a higher premium than ever. The Cowboys would be wise to get this guy locked in. The youthful antics will dissipate as his youth does. Note—-We are… Penn State! (Class of 78)

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
This article mentions alot if the negative things ry that we've heard and seen from this guy.

Let's see if Jerry is getting the same vibese of time Jer
This article mentions alot if the negative things that we've heard and seen from this guy.

Let's see if Jerry is getting the same vibes
Jerry doesn’t care.

Parsons is a Cowboy brand name and as we all know nothing is more important to Jerry than the brand.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys pass rusher Micah Parsons went from being an unheralded first-round pick to a superstar in his rookie season. He won the Defensive Rookie of the Year award, was named first-team All-Pro, made his first Pro Bowl, and finished as the runner-up for Defensive Player of the Year.

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/s...cah-parsons-behavior-wearing-thin-at-the-star
Players who have registered 12 or more sacks their first three seasons in the NFL.....................Reggie White and Mica Parsons.

I'm sorry, but I am going to need a hell of a lot more reasons than what is listed in that article before I trade away a generational pass rusher.

Like is he standing on top of his teammate's cars and pissing on their windshields or something? Is he walking through the star slapping all of the women on the arse? Is he in the cheerleader's locker room taking perv pics with his phone while they are undressing?

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
No. Just him.

The majority of young players will improve as the season progresses. Parsons late season stats tell a different story.

For example, let's look at sacks, although, you could use forced fumbles, quarterback pressures or tackles for a loss:

In his three seasons combined, Parsons averages .92 sacks a game through the first 10 games of the regular season. That's almost one sack a game. In games 11-17, he averages .46 sacks. In the playoffs, he averages .25 sacks a game.

The later the season, the more important games become for playoff positioning. Then there is the single elimination playoffs. By that point, Parsons is noticeably average.

Parsons is clearly worn down by the end of the season. His body was not built to endure the pounding he receives on the D-line and he has lost valuable experience he should have been gaining as a legitimate LB.

As his career continues, so will this statistical trend. He will begin to wear down earlier and earlier each season. It is true that he is not the next Lawrence Taylor. However, he could have been.
^This. And it’s why I’d trade him. This organization has a way of just running everything back. Parsons will be the same next year. An early season world beater turned late season no-show. It’s a defensive performance that mirrors an offensive player that everyone complains about. Both are in the MVP running, and then both disappear.

I guess we’re hanging our hats on Zimmer’s ability to put Micah in a position for season long success. I’ll believe it when I see it. We’ll just be pissing more money away.

kevm3

Reaction score
Micah's behavior is probably wearing thin because he actually wants to win. We literally made ZERO real moves to better this team. Having someone put pressure on the lackadaisical organization is probably making a lot of people uncomfortable.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys pass rusher Micah Parsons went from being an unheralded first-round pick to a superstar in his rookie season. He won the Defensive Rookie of the Year award, was named first-team All-Pro, made his first Pro Bowl, and finished as the runner-up for Defensive Player of the Year.

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/s...cah-parsons-behavior-wearing-thin-at-the-star
The Jones clowns need to worry about their own behavior wearing thin instead of their best player’s

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
you took the words right out of my mouth about CD Lamb. He might end up being worse.
CD is a very talented WR that is currently very frustrated with his career getting stalled because of his QB.
CD wants to advance in the playoffs with a QB that exudes confidence, confidence is like an odor, you can smell it when it's there, and you can recognize it easily when it's not.
Jerry will not be paying twice on a very huge mistake.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry doesn’t care.

Parsons is a Cowboy brand name and as we all know nothing is more important to Jerry than the brand.
It is a brand as you stated, it has to do something with the Texas association with the branding iron I believe :)

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I didnt get into the CeeDee mom stuff or any of the other stuff right after the playoff loss since I did not know if it was just over exaggerated trash to add more fuel to the fire...

But do we know yet what CeeDee and Dak issue on the field was? Are we sure it wasnt CeeDee upset with Dak about not getting balls when Dak may have had strict instructions to pass to a certain read from coaching staff and Lamb wasnt aware and was blaming Dak? Or something like that? I get that CeeDee was frustrated...but do we know for a fact as to why and if Dak was the sole reason?

I find the leader of the locker room stuff odd if players(Micah year before last and CeeDee this year) seeming frustrated with Dak after playoff losses. Also...none of the Sounds from the Sideline indicate major riffs between players. I get that the Cowboys edit that video most likely...but everything seems fine in those videos.

stiletto

Reaction score
Players who have registered 12 or more sacks their first three seasons in the NFL.....................Reggie White and Mica Parsons.

I'm sorry, but I am going to need a hell of a lot more reasons than what is listed in that article before I trade away a generational pass rusher.

Like is he standing on top of his teammate's cars and pissing on their windshields or something? Is he walking through the star slapping all of the women on the arse? Is he in the cheerleader's locker room taking perv pics with his phone while they are undressing?
Sounds like another Amari thing. (They don't like him) Let's hope they don't trade him for another Ham sandwich....

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd sign Ceedee to big money and send Parsons packing for some big draft picks.....his production isn't consistent but his mouth is.
Don't forget, CD has proclaimed that he wants top 3 WR money. Might be better to pack of both for picks.