1053 - Is Micah Parsons' behavior wearing thin at The Star?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Cowboys aka jones boys and MM are to blame, the culture !
they anointed and spoiled and glorified him in his rookie season, and it all went to his head, and no one there like a real HC
to bring him down to earth.
great talent, just needs to be handled right, which evidently the cowboys dont know how to do.
Look at CD, he is the same spoiled and anointed.

It is the way its done in cowboy land.
The Ciwboys are the most visible team in the United States. They are on every talk show damn near every day. Parsons was annointed i all media..... cable, sports talk and socail media. Dont blame the Jones. Who is to blame for WR diggs being spolied? Cam Newton? and on and on and on. Fact is, these players now hold all the cards. They can say what they want, do what they want and not worry about repercussions. In the old days, ala Al Davis with Marcus Allen, if the team wanted to screw you over, they could because you coudnt go anywhere.

Today, its called free agency and players hold all the cards. Try to put a player in his "Place,"and the player will say F off. Not sign a deal and hit the road for big bucks.

But hey, I know it is envogue to blame our front office for every player's issues.

Parsons has had a big mouth since day 1 of his arrival.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No. Just him.

The majority of young players will improve as the season progresses. Parsons late season stats tell a different story.

For example, let's look at sacks, although, you could use forced fumbles, quarterback pressures or tackles for a loss:

In his three seasons combined, Parsons averages .92 sacks a game through the first 10 games of the regular season. That's almost one sack a game. In games 11-17, he averages .46 sacks. In the playoffs, he averages .25 sacks a game.

The later the season, the more important games become for playoff positioning. Then there is the single elimination playoffs. By that point, Parsons is noticeably average.

Parsons is clearly worn down by the end of the season. His body was not built to endure the pounding he receives on the D-line and he has lost valuable experience he should have been gaining as a legitimate LB.

As his career continues, so will this statistical trend. He will begin to wear down earlier and earlier each season. It is true that he is not the next Lawrence Taylor. However, he could have been.
Again this is a team sport.

If Micah is getting doubled and triple teamed and no one else can get to the QB, then we have a completely different problem.

We need a push from up the middle. GM Jethro does not comprehend that. He believes in the Super Star approach over Team approach.

darealvelle

Reaction score

If Micah is getting doubled and triple teamed and no one else can get to the QB, then we have a completely different problem.

We need a push from up the middle. GM Jethro does not comprehend that. He believes in the Super Star approach over Team approach.
Exactly if Micah is getting tripled teamed and beamed on why nobody else on the D line getting home or making plays? D Law should be feasting.

plasticman

Reaction score

And opponents only do this during the last 7 games of the regular season?

The method of defending Parsons has been pretty consistent throughout the season. His success against this method has only been consistent in the way it declines in December and January.

It's not a knock on Parsons, only the way in which he is used. I even think it was lazy on the part of the Coaches to resolve a pass rushing issue by sacrificing other attributes that eventually would have made Parsons even more valuable with less wear and tear.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
He's an elite defensive player. Easily in the top 10 and can make a case he is in the top 5 defensive players in his mid 20's

He's not perfect but the amount of people so willingly to get rid of such a talent is laughable. The teams that will want him will go right around the corner.

This fanbase sometimes truly deserves the horrible ownership it has.
Thank you. I agree.

Motorola

Reaction score
No. Just him.

The majority of young players will improve as the season progresses. Parsons late season stats tell a different story.

For example, let's look at sacks, although, you could use forced fumbles, quarterback pressures or tackles for a loss:

In his three seasons combined, Parsons averages .92 sacks a game through the first 10 games of the regular season. That's almost one sack a game. In games 11-17, he averages .46 sacks. In the playoffs, he averages .25 sacks a game.

The later the season, the more important games become for playoff positioning. Then there is the single elimination playoffs. By that point, Parsons is noticeably average.

Parsons is clearly worn down by the end of the season. His body was not built to endure the pounding he receives on the D-line and he has lost valuable experience he should have been gaining as a legitimate LB.

As his career continues, so will this statistical trend. He will begin to wear down earlier and earlier each season. It is true that he is not the next Lawrence Taylor. However, he could have been.
'plasticman'...plaudits to you for expressing the concerning misuse by the Cowboys of a league top-5 talent...but detailing his collapse down the stretch in each of his three regular - along with it continuing with his paltry postseason production.

Last edited:

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
This coming from a Penn State alum...

I like Micah. And All of the antics aside, since we are obviously in a rebuilding mode, I don't know why we don't Herschel Walker this guy in a trade for at least two number 1s, or at least a first and whatever else we can get, while he's still under control contractually speaking.

Michael Parsons is not going to bring this particular roster to the promised Land. Our next window isn't probably for another few years at least, when he's more likely not to be here. So again I ask, why not trade him now? I mean we're tanking anyway, so if we lose his production that would only assure a higher draft pick of our own. Win-win.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys pass rusher Micah Parsons went from being an unheralded first-round pick to a superstar in his rookie season. He won the Defensive Rookie of the Year award, was named first-team All-Pro, made his first Pro Bowl, and finished as the runner-up for Defensive Player of the Year.

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/s...cah-parsons-behavior-wearing-thin-at-the-star
Just maybe Micah is tired of getting triple teamed and tired of waiting for GM Jethro getting him some help.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I hope this is all rumor and muckraking. It’s been in the air for a while, so not surprised to see someone try to take it and go. See either side being true on this. Just stinks if we got a guy like that who is such a freaking great defender and ends up being selfish. I don’t know, he certainly doesn’t shy away from bearing it all in his podcast, I think if you really want to understand the guy just watch it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If so Zimmer is the perfect guy to be the fork in the road. With us or against us
No joke. A lot of pressure on Zimm to change mindsets this year. Sounds like they brought him in for this reason. They want another Parcells type personality to shake it up. Would help if they threw him more than his 32-year-old veteran linebacker to help. Hell.. they gave DQ a grocery list to fill out when he first took over.

Aven8

Reaction score
I hope this is all rumor and muckraking. It’s been in the air for a while, so not surprised to see someone try to take it and go. See either side being true on this. Just stinks if we got a guy like that who is such a freaking great defender and ends up being selfish. I don’t know, he certainly doesn’t shy away from bearing it all in his podcast, I think if you really want to understand the guy just watch it.
Well to be fair to him he said he spoke with Jerry about getting a big space eating DT and more LB’s and they haven’t done squat to fix that outside of journeyman Kendricks.

I’ve watched the podcast and he just wants to win and he wants to do it in Dallas. He hasn’t been clamoring about his contract either. He says they need to pay Lamb first.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Exactly if Micah is getting tripled teamed and beamed on why nobody else on the D line getting home or making plays? D Law should be feasting.
Thats the way I see it. I'm excited about the defensive coordinator coming. From what I've heard other players say, he will bow up on you if you aren't doing your job.