1053 - Is Micah Parsons' behavior wearing thin at The Star?

CWR

Reaction score
He's just an immature doofus, probably. I don't really care quite honestly but if his teammates and ownership don't like him, that will be a problem. I don't know what good it does to leak stuff to the media like that if they really don't like him. That will just hurt any kind of trade value. Same thing happened with Amari.
Yeah, our FO never learns. They are too arrogant to change course. It's so stupid because everyone knows the playbook. It was obvious with Dez and they are still calling the same worn out play.

CWR

Reaction score
It's disappointing to see a player failing to control his mouth as needed for long term success to be his friend. Let's hope there's hope for Micah! I just hope he'll see it behooves him to be a good teammate and make that his mission in the near future. It's really not like he's separate from the team.
I saw a trade suggestion from the FWstar and they had us flipping him to Detroit for one of their backs. Probably Montgomery, an o lineman or two, and a couple firsts. I'd probably have to take that deal, especially if we landed one of their better olinemen

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I saw a trade suggestion from the FWstar and they had us flipping him to Detroit for one of their backs. Probably Montgomery, an o lineman or two, and a couple firsts. I'd probably have to take that deal, especially if we landed one of their better olinemen
Honestly, that sounds like one of those offers a Cowboys' fan couldn't refuse.

Something like that would surely resolve many problems for us. I'd jump at it.

Of course, Detroit's management would need to okay. It'd be a blessing, if so.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys pass rusher Micah Parsons went from being an unheralded first-round pick to a superstar in his rookie season. He won the Defensive Rookie of the Year award, was named first-team All-Pro, made his first Pro Bowl, and finished as the runner-up for Defensive Player of the Year.

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/s...cah-parsons-behavior-wearing-thin-at-the-star
Is CD's favorite color blue?

Man we are desperate this year for stories.

I thought Dak and our Defense played bad in the GB game, until I seen this embarrassment of an off season.

CWR

Reaction score
Honestly, that sounds like one of those offers a Cowboys' fan couldn't refuse.

Something like that would surely resolve many problems for us. I'd jump at it.

Of course, Detroit's management would need to okay. It'd be a blessing, if so.
Yeah its crazy to lose a guy like him, but if you consider the cap hit and our looming rebuild its a good call imo.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Parsons is the only one of the three , that wants to win, so I would keep him and trade dak and lamb.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The DC needs to play him more at LB. Lining him up at pass rusher all season wears him out. In the playoff game he finally got refs that were calling the holding against him. He should have taken over that game and not 1 sack.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Ok, but they never actually list any offenses. At least the written story didn't. I didn't watch the video.

I can see how this could be true. But if they are going to do an article about it, they should be able to cite some examples.
I don't care what anyone thinks concerning the negative side of Parsons. He is one of the best we have and we need to keep him. He doesn't like to lose. I like his fire and his play speaks for itself.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think his lack of production in December and January is wearing thin.
This would be the correct answer, the change i want to see from the GM is this...from coaches to the last player, if you cant show up for playoff games your gone. Show me this and THEN I'll say "Maybe Jerry is changing his tune" not "Well Umm he is a great player great player, everyone sees it and we just need to get over the hump with him"....Thats is what got us here paying players big money for thier "Superstar" status not the end result.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone thinks concerning the negative side of Parsons. He is one of the best we have and we need to keep him. He doesn't like to lose. I like his fire and his play speaks for itself.
Funny how fans are willing to part ways with Dak for a 3rd round comp pick, because they believe we can't win with him. Somehow that 3rd comp pick is going to make us a better team.

However we have to keep Micah, because he can win a SB by himself. A guy tha could get us multiple picks, save us $30M and then we could actually be payers in FA to build an actual team.

Is CD going to catch a 120 passes by himself?
Pretty much the same thing as above for Micah

GM Jethro needs to go back and figure out how he had the balls to trade Herschel Walker.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Funny how fans are willing to part ways with Dak for a 3rd round comp pick, because they believe we can't win with him. Somehow that 3rd comp pick is going to make us a better team.

However we have to keep Micah, because he can win a SB by himself. A guy tha could get us multiple picks, save us $30M and then we could actually be payers in FA to build an actual team.

Is CD going to catch a 120 passes by himself?
Pretty much the same thing as above for Micah

GM Jethro needs to go back and figure out how he had the balls to trade Herschel Walker.
using logic again i see..lol 100% agree

erod

Reaction score
I've said this before: I noticed that Micah does not celebrate the sacks of his teammates...if all, but certainly not with any enthusiasm. When HE gets a sack? 4th of July...and even then when guys are trying to dap him up he barely acknowledges them. I know it's anecdotal, but when you add the selfish podcast where he speaks on other players and makes it harder on the team, the invisibility in big games, the lack of hustle after he pass rushes in year 3...

He's read one too many of his press clippings. The damage might be irreparable.
He's like Dez, who used to just walk off the field if Terrance Williams scored.

Me guy.

plasticman

Reaction score
This would be the correct answer, the change i want to see from the GM is this...from coaches to the last player, if you cant show up for playoff games your gone. Show me this and THEN I'll say "Maybe Jerry is changing his tune" not "Well Umm he is a great player great player, everyone sees it and we just need to get over the hump with him"....Thats is what got us here paying players big money for thier "Superstar" status not the end result.
What bothers me the most about this is that the coaches have to know this is happening. Surely they have identified this trend. I noticed it after the 2022 season. They need to be more judicial about how, when, and where to use Parsons.

If they insist on keeping him as an EDGE then they need to rest him more at the beginning of the season. His stamina will be tested more strenuously at that position.

However, they could use him more often if he played in a position that gave him more space to operate rather than more mass to move.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What bothers me the most about this is that the coaches have to know this is happening. Surely they have identified this trend. I noticed it after the 2022 season. They need to be more judicial about how, when, and where to use Parsons.

If they insist on keeping him as an EDGE then they need to rest him more at the beginning of the season. His stamina will be tested more strenuously at that position.

However, they could use him more often if he played in a position that gave him more space to operate rather than more mass to move.
He needs to come out early when winning big. He will not want to do that until he gets paid.

Jerry will want to delay his pay day. So there we are. Waiting as usual.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He needs to come out early when winning big. He will not want to do that until he gets paid.

Jerry will want to delay his pay day. So there we are. Waiting as usual.
Yep, Micah's looking at personal stats. He'd be better used as a flexible Edge/LB and also schemed up as a decoy, I'm sure most OC's plan to dt him on most pass-rush scenario's....but as you correctly say, Micah wants the stats, because stats = money.
Now he's contract eligible the FO need to work out whether they are going to pay him (as top Edge) and tell him.
This is the maddening FO, leaving it to last minute.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
The DC needs to play him more at LB. Lining him up at pass rusher all season wears him out. In the playoff game he finally got refs that were calling the holding against him. He should have taken over that game and not 1 sack.
Maybe he needs to get in better shape? Jason Taylor was taller, played about 10#’s lighter and played with his hand in the dirt the vast majority of time, He didn’t wear down and he held up against the run better than Parsons.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we had a functioning GM, I would say we should cash in his chip for draft picks. Any decent GM could land 2 first round picks for Micah with 2 years left on his rookie deal. But Jerry would probably only get a 3rd round pick for him.

rambo2

Reaction score
I saw Parsons at the Spurs game last night. He looks good and was behaving.