2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4400774 said:
Westbrook also averages nearly a turnover more per game than Rose. 4 turnovers a game is A LOT for an NBA point guard.

As I said he's still learning and will get better. He hasn't been playing point guard for that long it'll take time.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4400697 said:
He's looked really bad this year. Worst season of his career so far. At some point you have wonder if he's on the decline already. Can he still play great? I think he can, but can he play at the legendary level he did in last season's playoffs? I doubt it.

lol. Okay, six months takes you from the top of your game to a NBA has-been. :lmao2:

Listen grasshopper. The guy isn't in playing shape yet. He took more time off than he normally does. (I don't blame him either. He won a championship and there was a lockout) You're a fool if you think six months took him (or anyone) from one of the games best players to a has-been without some type of serious injury. Players don't just decline like that in six months unless something is wrong. Clearly there is nothing wrong with him except that he needs to get back into playing shape. (playing shape different from being in good shape)

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4400833 said:
lol. Okay, six months takes you from the top of your game to a NBA has-been. :lmao2:

Listen grasshopper. The guy isn't in playing shape yet. He took more time off than he normally does. (I don't blame him either. He won a championship and there was a lockout) You're a fool if you think six months took him (or anyone) from one of the games best players to a has-been without some type of serious injury. Players don't just decline like that in six months unless something is wrong. Clearly there is nothing wrong with him except that he needs to get back into playing shape. (playing shape different from being in good shape)

Being out of shape is inexcusable. There's plenty of other players who didn't know whether there would be basketball or not and they're in shape unlike Dirk. I didn't say he's a has been, but he is gonna be 34 soon so it's not crazy to think he could be declining already.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4400837 said:
Being out of shape is inexcusable. There's plenty of other players who didn't know whether there would be basketball or not and they're in shape unlike Dirk. I didn't say he's a has been, but he is gonna be 34 soon so it's not crazy to think he could be declining already.

How did it feel when we rained 3's on ur Hollywood Fakers and SWEPT you? So sweet.
Dirks declining? He just had a top 5 performance ever in the playoffs and got MVP in the finals. Ur a dense blind Faker fan,lol.
Isnt this a Mavs thread? Arent u a Faker fan? Why are u all on the Thunders nuts? lol
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y194/juck/WX8s4_medium.jpg

Reaction score
juck;4400884 said:
How did it feel when we rained 3's on ur Hollywood Fakers and SWEPT you? So sweet.
Dirks declining? He just had a top 5 performance ever in the playoffs and got MVP in the finals. Ur a dense blind Faker fan,lol.
Isnt this a Mavs thread? Arent u a Faker fan? Why are u all on the Thunders nuts? lol
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y194/juck/WX8s4_medium.jpg

If you truly want to know it hurt bad especially the way Bynum and Odom acted Phil Jackson deserved to go out a better way. That loss was tough, but the 2008 loss to Boston was much tougher considering they're our biggest rival. It was like when the Eagles demolished the Boys in the 08 season finale or when the Giants defeated us in the 2007 playoff game. It was just brutal to watch. Beating Boston and getting revenge in 2010 was bittersweet. I just hope the Cowboys can get revenge in the playoffs against either the Eagles or Giants or both on their way to a 6th Super Bowl title.

I was actually happy for Dirk and the Mavs. Kidd and Dirk are two of my favorite players of all time and was very happy to see them get their first ring because they deserved to get it. Also I hate LeBron and the Heat. Seeing him choke was sweet. I'm not saying Dirk is done by any means, but he's no spring chicken. He's 33 years old and even though he's one of my favorite players I can't deny he's looked awful this year. It's not out of the realm of possibility to think he could be on the decline already. Father time is undefeated for a reason. It catches up to everybody to every great player. If Dirk comes out and reverts to his dominant form I'll gladly eat crow.

As for OKC I'm simply pointing out the facts that they're currently the best team in the West. They've got arguably the best player in the league in Durant, a top 5 point guard in Westbrook, the league's best sixth man in Harden, excellent role players, and an excellent young coach. I'm not saying they're unbeatable by any means no team in the NBA is, but they're the best team IMO.

If I were to rank my favorite non Lakers Dirk and Kidd would be right up there with Duncan, MJ, and Rodman.

juck

Reaction score
Ur gonna eat some crow. Dirks shot will start falling. Same thing happened last year for him early in season. Dirk is the least of my worries. Team is coming together. A nice blowout win tonight.Thunder getting schooled by Clips.

Reaction score
juck;4400996 said:
Ur gonna eat some crow. Dirks shot will start falling. Same thing happened last year for him early in season. Dirk is the least of my worries. Team is coming together. A nice blowout win tonight.Thunder getting schooled by Clips.

You guys lost to the Clippers without Chris Paul.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4401004 said:
You guys lost to the Clippers without Chris Paul.
On a buzzer beater. Clippers are good. They are the new king in LA. Time for u to jump ship.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
juck;4401144 said:
On a buzzer beater. Clippers are good. They are the new king in LA. Time for u to jump ship.

I thought he was already jumping ship to OKC? :laugh2:

juck

Reaction score
Cythim;4401245 said:
I know. lol Hes a faker fan yet always in the mavs thread hyping OKC.

Reaction score
juck;4401144 said:

They still beat y'all without their best player. Pretty pathetic on yall's part to lose to them without CP3. Also :laugh2: @ the Paperclips being the team in L.A. Let me know when they won 16 championships then we'll talk.

Reaction score
Cythim;4401245 said:

Oh so I guess speaking the truth and being a non homer means I'm jumping ship? Haha no not me. It's pretty funny how none of you Mavs fans opening your mouths until they won their 1st ring.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4401445 said:
Oh so I guess speaking the truth and being a non homer means I'm jumping ship? Haha no not me. It's pretty funny how none of you Mavs fans opening your mouths until they won their 1st ring.

Mavs fan? No no no.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
If the Clippers played like that against the Mavs, the score would be the same or, probably, worse. No doubt about it.

Lot of funny comments in this thread. At least C&L fan can be pretty objective.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4401445 said:
Lakers thread? Thunder thread? This is for Dallas fans.

Reaction score
juck;4401857 said:
I actually do most of my posting with Mavs fans at www.dallasbasketball.com

Its a great forum ran by an actual Mavs reporter. If ur so into what the Mavs do or NBA itself check it.

I'm already registered at RealGM and TLN I do most of my posting there. Of course none of those places compare to CZ. :)

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4401730 said:
If the Clippers played like that against the Mavs, the score would be the same or, probably, worse. No doubt about it.

Lot of funny comments in this thread. At least C&L fan can be pretty objective.

Thanks.

Reaction score
juck;4401856 said:
Lakers thread? Thunder thread? This is for Dallas fans.

Relax just messing with you. Even though I'm a Lakers fan I do enjoy watching other teams like Dallas, OKC, Chicago, etc play. If we get eliminated early again I would root for either of those teams to win it. Basically as long as Miami or Boston don't win it I'm good.