2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4401872 said:
Relax just messing with you. Even though I'm a Lakers fan I do enjoy watching other teams like Dallas, OKC, Chicago, etc play. If we get eliminated early again I would root for either of those teams to win it. Basically as long as Miami or Boston don't win it I'm good.
I hate the cHeat too. I hope they go and lose again. That would be glorious.

Reaction score
I think the Mavs should feel good about themselves. Dirk had the worst game of his career (Just 8 points on 2/15 shooting) and they only lost by 7.

Ren

Reaction score
Dirk is horrible this season but the rest of the team is picking up the slack and at least making them decent, if Dirk gets back to form then the Mavs will be really dangerous team in the west again

juck

Reaction score
Ren;4403032 said:
Dirk is horrible this season but the rest of the team is picking up the slack and at least making them decent, if Dirk gets back to form then the Mavs will be really dangerous team in the west again
His knee is giving him issues. I dont know why they dont sit him til it heals. In other news Holger is in town this morning to work with him.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
This Thunder/Mavs rivalry is really starting to pick up some steam, and I'm loving it. It's good for the Thunder since we don't have any true rivals yet, and it's good for the Mavs, since the Spurs finally appear to be on the downward spiral.

DFWJC

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4403386 said:
This Thunder/Mavs rivalry is really starting to pick up some steam, and I'm loving it. It's good for the Thunder since we don't have any true rivals yet, and it's good for the Mavs, since the Spurs finally appear to be on the downward spiral.
The Thunder fans are a bit like the Spurs fans (sans the many trophies) in that the team is the only major sports team in the whole city.
No NFL team
No NHL team
No MLB team

just NBA.

That makes for some rabid fans when the team is winning.
Utah and Portland are like that too.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
DFWJC;4403420 said:
The Thunder fans are a bit like the Spurs fans (sans the many trophies) in that the team is the only major sports team in the whole city.
No NFL team
No NHL team
No MLB team

just NBA.

That makes for some rabid fans when the team is winning.
Utah and Portland are like that too.
This is true. The entire state is in love with the Thunder. And it shows in our home court advantage. I've been to two Thunder games on the road this week-- against the Mavs and against the Clippers-- and I was shocked at how much louder and energetic and crazy the Thunder crowd is compared to the other two. Everyone kept saying our crowd is the best in the NBA, but I didn't realize the stark difference until I experienced it myself.

juck

Reaction score
I have a feeling we will be playing the Thunder in the WCF again and I will be looking forward to it.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
juck;4403491 said:
I have a feeling we will be playing the Thunder in the WCF again and I will be looking forward to it.
Yeah, I think the three real contenders will be the Thunder, Mavs and Clippers. Mavs will be much better come playoff time, the Clippers should send a thank you note to David Stern for their team, and the Thunder are obviously the class of the conference at the moment.

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4403522 said:
Yeah, I think the three real contenders will be the Thunder, Mavs and Clippers. Mavs will be much better come playoff time, the Clippers should send a thank you note to David Stern for their team, and the Thunder are obviously the class of the conference at the moment.

What have the Clippers done to be mentioned among those other two teams? The answer is nothing. They beat OKC at home so what? Let's see them win in OKC or Dallas before we crown them. Dallas is obviously a proven championship team and OKC is a proven WCF team. I think we'd take them in a series.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4403564 said:
What have the Clippers done to be mentioned among those other two teams?
I really don't think they've done anything at all, to be honest. But unfortunately, with the signings of Paul, Billups and Butler, they really do appear to be a much better team. I'll be worried about them really clicking and finding their stride once the playoffs come around. That said, the Thunder and Mavs' depth is much stronger.

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4403570 said:
I really don't think they've done anything at all, to be honest. But unfortunately, with the signings of Paul, Billups and Butler, they really do appear to be a much better team. I'll be worried about them really clicking and finding their stride once the playoffs come around. That said, the Thunder and Mavs' depth is much stronger.

Well they're definitely much better offensively, but I don't think they're good enough defensively to go that far in the playoffs. They remind me of the old Suns teams super explosive offensively, but just not good enough defensively to win a series. I could see them winning a series, but that's about it. I still think OKC is the favorite. Dirk has got to play better or Dallas doesn't stand a chance against them in a series.

juck

Reaction score
Griffin is overated dunk machine. His shot sucks. However with Paul they are dangerous. The funny thing is the main guy that scares me on that team is Mr. Big Shot Chauncy. Dudes,the older vets handle playoffs way better.

Reaction score
juck;4403971 said:
Griffin is overated dunk machine. His shot sucks. However with Paul they are dangerous. The funny thing is the main guy that scares me on that team is Mr. Big Shot Chauncy. Dudes,the older vets handle playoffs way better.

They were exposed tonight. If their 3 point shots aren't falling their half court offense is crap. Just like the old Suns. Thunder, Mavs, or Lakers will beat them rather easily in a series.

juck

Reaction score
Nice win boys. Dr. Kidd comes back friday night.

juck

Reaction score
Dirk is back in beast mode. Great to have Dr. Kidd back.Good win again.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
juck;4403034 said:
His knee is giving him issues. I dont know why they dont sit him til it heals. In other news Holger is in town this morning to work with him.

well if he would quite servicing the refs to get all those calls when no one even touches him, maybe his knees wouldn't be injured.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4403522 said:

Way to ignore the Spurs. Mavs fans are flippin headcases. I hope the Spurs draw the Mavs in the postseason......I will still be here if the Spurs lose, but can I say the same for all the mouthy Mavs fans in here? Time will definitely tell.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;4414470 said:
Way to ignore the Spurs. Mavs fans are flippin headcases. I hope the Spurs draw the Mavs in the postseason......I will still be here if the Spurs lose, but can I say the same for all the mouthy Mavs fans in here? Time will definitely tell.

He's a Thunder fan :laugh2: