2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Biggems;4414470 said:
Way to ignore the Spurs. Mavs fans are flippin headcases. I hope the Spurs draw the Mavs in the postseason......I will still be here if the Spurs lose, but can I say the same for all the mouthy Mavs fans in here? Time will definitely tell.

The30YardSlant;4414474 said:
He's a Thunder fan :laugh2:

Whoops... :muttley:

juck

Reaction score
Biggems;4414468 said:
well if he would quite servicing the refs to get all those calls when no one even touches him, maybe his knees wouldn't be injured.
Um Timmy Palms? Manu Ginoseyfloppy? Dirk was barely at the line. He is back to beastin. Back to the dirty river u go.:laugh1:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;4414468 said:
well if he would quite servicing the refs to get all those calls when no one even touches him, maybe his knees wouldn't be injured.

Dirk spent the first decade of his career being disrespected by NBA officials as he was seen as a soft European jumpshooter, and now that he's just come off one of the all-time great individual postseason runs you're going to act upset over him getting the superstar treatment that other players have been getting for years?

Prior to his 2007 MVP season, Dirk drew the fewest fouls of any player in the league averaging over 20 PPG almost every season. Only in the last few years has he started getting calls consistently, and the stats show that he still doesnt draw near as many calls as Lebron, Kobe, Howard and Durant do.

juck

Reaction score
Biggems;4414470 said:
Way to ignore the Spurs. Mavs fans are flippin headcases. I hope the Spurs draw the Mavs in the postseason......I will still be here if the Spurs lose, but can I say the same for all the mouthy Mavs fans in here? Time will definitely tell.
Why does ur sig say Rocket Pride?:laugh2:

trickblue

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4414485 said:
Dirk spent the first decade of his career being disrespected by NBA officials as he was seen as a soft European jumpshooter, and now that he's just come off one of the all-time great individual postseason runs you're going to act upset over him getting the superstar treatment that other players have been getting for years?

Prior to his 2007 MVP season, Dirk drew the fewest fouls of any player in the league averaging over 20 PPG almost every season. Only in the last few years has he started getting calls consistently, and the stats show that he still doesnt draw near as many calls as Lebron, Kobe, Howard and Durant do.

And don't even start me on Dwayne "Don't look at me or it's a foul" Wade...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
juck;4414481 said:
Um Timmy Palms? Manu Ginoseyfloppy? Dirk was barely at the line. He is back to beastin. Back to the dirty river u go.:laugh1:

He's just mad that the guy his fanbase spent years knocking as a Euro-loser had a postseason run that will never be forgotten. Dirk joined the likes of '91 Jordan, '95 Hakeem, '00 Shaq and '03 Duncan in terms of legendary playoff runs. Not many guys have dominated across four playoff series like he did last year, and nobody has ever averaged more points in the final fives minutes over the course of a postseason. He had maybe the most clutch six weeks in NBA history.

juck

Reaction score
This team just flows with Kidd. I can only imagine if DWILL was next to kidd. O man. Good win tonight. This is a tough stretch and we have won 2 out of 2. Why is it that this thread gets hijacked by Spurs fans? Isnt it a MAV discussion thread?

juck

Reaction score
trickblue;4414492 said:
And don't even start me on Dwayne "Don't look at me or it's a foul" Wade...
haha reminds me of game 2 in finals when Wheelchair Wade heaved a last minute three that he bricked and fell to the ground and held his eye looking at the official. lol.

Reaction score
juck;4414499 said:
This team just flows with Kidd. I can only imagine if DWILL was next to kidd. O man. Good win tonight. This is a tough stretch and we have won 2 out of 2. Why is it that this thread gets hijacked by Spurs fans? Isnt it a MAV discussion thread?

All 3 of the NBA threads have been hijacked. :laugh2:

We should just make one big NBA thread.

Ren

Reaction score
Biggems;4414470 said:

It's funny when they mouthiest and whiniest basketball fan here starts to whine about mouthy and whiny fans

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
The30YardSlant said:

Let me just say as a fan of the Thunder, the frustrating thing about seeing Dirk get so many calls in the WCF last year is because he is a jumpshooter. Jumpshooters don't typically get calls, it's the guys you listed (LeBron, Kobe, Howard, KD) that drive to the lane that draw contact. Dirk in the WCF got whistle after whistle after whistle on jump shots, and it drove me absolutely insane. I didn't feel like our guys were allowed to play defense on him at all. And it all started with Game 1 when Dirk shot 24 foul shots. 24!! For a jumpshooter!! Now, Dirk is an amazing player. He's an all-timer, no doubt. But he really does just do his (almost unguardable) mid-range Dirk shot over and over again. It's a beautiful thing. I just don't think he needs the benefit of the whistle.

I will agree though that the most frustrating guys are the Wades and Chris Pauls who flop all the time and expect a foul call on every trip down the court. That's maddening. I respect Dirk and KD for not being those kinds of superstars.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4414910 said:
Let me just say as a fan of the Thunder, the frustrating thing about seeing Dirk get so many calls in the WCF last year is because he is a jumpshooter. Jumpshooters don't typically get calls, it's the guys you listed (LeBron, Kobe, Howard, KD) that drive to the lane that draw contact. Dirk in the WCF got whistle after whistle after whistle on jump shots, and it drove me absolutely insane. I didn't feel like our guys were allowed to play defense on him at all. And it all started with Game 1 when Dirk shot 24 foul shots. 24!! For a jumpshooter!! Now, Dirk is an amazing player. He's an all-timer, no doubt. But he really does just do his (almost unguardable) mid-range Dirk shot over and over again. It's a beautiful thing. I just don't think he needs the benefit of the whistle.

I will agree though that the most frustrating guys are the Wades and Chris Pauls who flop all the time and expect a foul call on every trip down the court. That's maddening. I respect Dirk and KD for not being those kinds of superstars.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that he has one of if not the the most unstoppable mid-range jumper in history (thanks in part to his height and unblockable release point) which causes defenders to get right up on him and it results in a lot of contact when he elevates. He gets bodychecked and slapped across the arm pretty often on his jumpshots.

Also, Dirk drives to the basket a lot more than he used to. The two biggest plays of his career were drives to the bucket in the Finals last year. He's so big that when he does drive, it;s hard for defenders to not hit him in some fashion.

KD is very smart in that he has mastered the art of drawing the jumpshootong foul. He always manages to catch the defender's hand in the cookie jar by rising for a shot as they are going for the steal and draws contact. He's very good at using his incredible arm length in that way, it's hard for defender's to contest his jumper without touching him. It's a lot like what Reggie Miller used to do.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4414910 said:
Let me just say as a fan of the Thunder, the frustrating thing about seeing Dirk get so many calls in the WCF last year is because he is a jumpshooter. Jumpshooters don't typically get calls, it's the guys you listed (LeBron, Kobe, Howard, KD) that drive to the lane that draw contact. Dirk in the WCF got whistle after whistle after whistle on jump shots, and it drove me absolutely insane. I didn't feel like our guys were allowed to play defense on him at all.
Let's face it, NBA officiating is borderline crooked. Always has been -- well, at least since Jordan -- and probably always will be. The Mavs got the worst screw job in history that Finals that Wade went to the line every time he touched the ball, so by wacko NBA justice, the team and Dirk were due.

But the Thunder go to the line more than anyone, so it's hard to complain.

And to what 30yard said, the NBA eliminated that rip-through call this year. Even I have to admit that was a pretty cheap way to go to the line, especially when it got three FTs.

BTW, EnR, I'm going to make us a Thunder thread. It may only be you and I talking back and forth, though. :laugh2:

trickblue

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4414992 said:
Let's face it, NBA officiating is borderline crooked. Always has been -- well, at least since Jordan -- and probably always will be. The Mavs got the worst screw job in history that Finals that Wade went to the line every time he touched the ball, so by wacko NBA justice, the team and Dirk were due.

But the Thunder go to the line more than anyone, so it's hard to complain.

And to what 30yard said, the NBA eliminated that rip-through call this year. Even I have to admit that was a pretty cheap way to go to the line, especially when it got three FTs.

BTW, EnR, I'm going to make us a Thunder thread. It may only be you and I talking back and forth, though. :laugh2:

It cost the Mavs that year...

juck

Reaction score
Good win. Dirk with the clutch dagger after a frustrating night.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4414474 said:
He's a Thunder fan :laugh2:
Thats fine, I want a piece of them too.....bring on the Mavs and the Thunder in the playoffs...Throw in the Clippers as well. I want the Mavs because of the rivalry. I want the Thunder and Clippers cause they are the two best in the conference right now. If you are going to win a Championship, why not beat down the top dogs on your way to the title. It makes the victory all the sweeter.

Oh and in the Finals, if the Spurs are able to get there, I wouldn't mind the Bulls, but I want the Heat. We should have had them in 2006, but we didn't. I want them now. and If we get them, Spurs in 6. But we have to get to the Finals first.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
juck;4414491 said:
Why does ur sig say Rocket Pride?:laugh2:
why do you struggle with reading comprehension? This is predominantly a football board. I listed my 3 favorite football teams, HS, College, and NFL. What is funny is, you are trying to clown me, but all you did was clown yourself. You are the only one who couldn't comprehend my sig, oh you silly court jester.

Reaction score
Biggems;4415323 said:
Thats fine, I want a piece of them too.....bring on the Mavs and the Thunder in the playoffs...Throw in the Clippers as well. I want the Mavs because of the rivalry. I want the Thunder and Clippers cause they are the two best in the conference right now. If you are going to win a Championship, why not beat down the top dogs on your way to the title. It makes the victory all the sweeter.

Oh and in the Finals, if the Spurs are able to get there, I wouldn't mind the Bulls, but I want the Heat. We should have had them in 2006, but we didn't. I want them now. and If we get them, Spurs in 6. But we have to get to the Finals first.

The Spurs don't matchup well with Miami at all. They have no one to guard Wade or LeBron. Even Bosh should have his way with that small Spurs frontline. They matchup well with Chicago.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Ren;4414617 said:
It's funny when they mouthiest and whiniest basketball fan here starts to whine about mouthy and whiny fans

hahahahaha:laugh1: