2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4415326 said:
The Spurs don't matchup well with Miami at all. They have no one to guard Wade or LeBron. Even Bosh should have his way with that small Spurs frontline. They matchup well with Chicago.

Well we dont know yet...the Spurs have not played Chicago. We will have to see how they match up with the Bulls. We have Manu, Leonard, Green, and Jefferson to guard Wade and Lebron and make them work for theirs. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone who matches up with Bosh.

juck

Reaction score
Biggems;4415334 said:
Well we dont know yet...the Spurs have not played Chicago. We will have to see how they match up with the Bulls. We have Manu, Leonard, Green, and Jefferson to guard Wade and Lebron and make them work for theirs. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone who matches up with Bosh.
Back to the dirty river. Ur team had the right jerseys on last night. Just an offspring from a real city,Big D.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4414992 said:
Let's face it, NBA officiating is borderline crooked. Always has been -- well, at least since Jordan -- and probably always will be. The Mavs got the worst screw job in history that Finals that Wade went to the line every time he touched the ball, so by wacko NBA justice, the team and Dirk were due.

But the Thunder go to the line more than anyone, so it's hard to complain.

And to what 30yard said, the NBA eliminated that rip-through call this year. Even I have to admit that was a pretty cheap way to go to the line, especially when it got three FTs.

BTW, EnR, I'm going to make us a Thunder thread. It may only be you and I talking back and forth, though. :laugh2:
Yeah, I do agree that Dirk was screwed that year, so he was due. I just hate that I feel like they gave him his due when he played the Thunder. That first game last year really set the tone... every time he shot, they blew the whistle. I had never seen anything like it, ever. 24 foul shots. Ah, anyways, I'll get over it... eventually. :D

The Thunder do go to the foul line a lot, but I really believe it's because the primary scorers, KD, Russ and Harden, all drive to the rim A LOT.

And heck yes, even if it's just you and me going back and forth talking about how awesome the Thunder are, I'd be all over that thread! Do it! :D

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4418674 said:
Yeah, I do agree that Dirk was screwed that year, so he was due. I just hate that I feel like they gave him his due when he played the Thunder. That first game last year really set the tone... every time he shot, they blew the whistle. I had never seen anything like it, ever. 24 foul shots. Ah, anyways, I'll get over it... eventually. :D

The Thunder do go to the foul line a lot, but I really believe it's because the primary scorers, KD, Russ and Harden, all drive to the rim A LOT.

And heck yes, even if it's just you and me going back and forth talking about how awesome the Thunder are, I'd be all over that thread! Do it! :D

Yes the Mavs were screwed by the refs in the Finals, but you guys got the Miami treatment against the Spurs. Of course, yall will deny it, and call me a blind homer. Hey, props to the Mavs, they beat the Spurs in 06. But dont complain about the Finals, when the refs carried you all the way there. I honestly believe that Stern screwed the Mavs to get back at Cuban for behaving the way he did......Maybe if Cuban had been more of a tow the line type of owner, the Mavs dont get hosed in the Finals. Also, remember this, the Mavs were up 2-0 and had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter of game 3 at home. So even though the refs hosed you, you guys did choke, just like the Spurs choked after being up 3-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals against Washington in the late 70s.

BTW, the way Stern hosed Cuban reminds me of how Tagliabue hosed Jones and the Cowboys year after year.....new rules named after Cowboys players, salary cap, etc. I firmly believe Tagliabue hated Jerry for making so many waves and not falling in line.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Biggems;4419077 said:
Yes the Mavs were screwed by the refs in the Finals, but you guys got the Miami treatment against the Spurs. Of course, yall will deny it, and call me a blind homer. Hey, props to the Mavs, they beat the Spurs in 06. But dont complain about the Finals, when the refs carried you all the way there. I honestly believe that Stern screwed the Mavs to get back at Cuban for behaving the way he did......Maybe if Cuban had been more of a tow the line type of owner, the Mavs dont get hosed in the Finals. Also, remember this, the Mavs were up 2-0 and had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter of game 3 at home. So even though the refs hosed you, you guys did choke, just like the Spurs choked after being up 3-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals against Washington in the late 70s.
Haven't we already been through this...

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4414474&postcount=240

juck

Reaction score
Another good win. Albeit they were shorthanded so were we. Now we lose West for 3-4 weeks with a dislocated and broken right ring finger. thank god for the all star break. We are doing well this year and this is lockout ball. We have plenty of cap space do get DWILL and probably if we get him we get the man, D12.We get Dwill D12 and sign JET and Kidd to vet mins along with a few others. OMG the west might as well sit down lol. Dirk with the best Center since Shaq equals multiple rings baby.

juck

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4419781 said:
Haha seriously! And how could he possibly read that post of mine that he quoted and come away thinking I'm anything but a Thunder fan?!
Dont blame him he cant help it. lol.:laugh2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
juck;4419638 said:
Another good win. Albeit they were shorthanded so were we. Now we lose West for 3-4 weeks with a dislocated and broken right ring finger. thank god for the all star break. We are doing well this year and this is lockout ball. We have plenty of cap space do get DWILL and probably if we get him we get the man, D12.We get Dwill D12 and sign JET and Kidd to vet mins along with a few others. OMG the west might as well sit down lol. Dirk with the best Center since Shaq equals multiple rings baby.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I was following the score throughout the night.....from what I saw, you guys seemed to have a comfortable 10-12 point lead throughout much of the game.....

We have a 9 game winning streak, and yet we can't seem to put space between us, cause yall keep winning too. While I am enjoying the play of the Spurs, it is frustrating that you guys won't lose more.

Now we have a tough 4 game stretch out West, and if we don't take care of business, the Mavs could be in 1st place by All-Star Break.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4419781 said:
Haha seriously! And how could he possibly read that post of mine that he quoted and come away thinking I'm anything but a Thunder fan?!

I keep forgetting.....I see the name and think Dallas first...sorry.

Anyway, I was happy with the game last night, even though my boy went 0-3 in the final seconds. I am a Durant fan (HOOK EM), but I was rooting for Houston. He had 3 very good opportunities and couldnt connect on any of them. I was kind of surprised that Westbrook or Harden didn't get at least one chance to take a shot.

BTW, Martin is one frustrating guy to have as an opponent, huh? He has been raping the Spurs defense since he was a rookie. The guy can flat out shoot from anywhere on the floor and he just doesn't miss at the FT line.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My wife (the consummate Knicks and Mavs fans) will be at the game. (her ticket is now valued at well over $500! Linsanity is beyond stupid here in NY)

Who will win Sunday's game? :laugh2:

juck

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4420439 said:
My wife (the consummate Knicks and Mavs fans) will be at the game. (her ticket is now valued at well over $500! Linsanity is beyond stupid here in NY)

Who will win Sunday's game? :laugh2:
Jeremy Lin was a mav outta vollege but they had too many gurads and let him go. I like the kid. However I hope think the streak bustering Mavs get them in a close one. Although its a sunday afternoon game and Mavs usually stink in afternoon games. We shall see.

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4420575 said:
Jeremy Lin was a mav outta vollege but they had too many gurads and let him go. I like the kid. However I hope think the streak bustering Mavs get them in a close one. Although its a sunday afternoon game and Mavs usually stink in afternoon games. We shall see.
The Mavs did offer him a contract, but Golden State did better.

As for the game on Sunday; I would think the home team would win, but it should be a good one.
The Mavs are hurting at guard right now.

The Mavs have a six day stetch where they play at Philly, at NY, Boston, and the Lakers. That's pretty brutal.

juck

Reaction score
DFWJC;4420609 said:
The Mavs did offer him a contract, but Golden State did better.

As for the game on Sunday; I would think the home team would win, but it should be a good one.
The Mavs are hurting at guard right now.

The Mavs have a six day stetch where they play at Philly, at NY, Boston, and the Lakers. That's pretty brutal.
I know and Delonte is out till mid march. JET is playing Sunday though. Roddy needs to step it up. Im afraid DOJO doesnt have what it takes.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4414493 said:
Dirk joined the likes of '91 Jordan, '95 Hakeem, '00 Shaq and '03 Duncan in terms of legendary playoff runs.

pass me some of whatever you're smoking.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Biggems;4420357 said:
I keep forgetting.....I see the name and think Dallas first...sorry.

Anyway, I was happy with the game last night, even though my boy went 0-3 in the final seconds. I am a Durant fan (HOOK EM), but I was rooting for Houston. He had 3 very good opportunities and couldnt connect on any of them. I was kind of surprised that Westbrook or Harden didn't get at least one chance to take a shot.

BTW, Martin is one frustrating guy to have as an opponent, huh? He has been raping the Spurs defense since he was a rookie. The guy can flat out shoot from anywhere on the floor and he just doesn't miss at the FT line.
No worries, I just thought it was funny that it was the second time I was accused of being a Mavs fan. :)

And yeah, that game was frustrating. After we came back from being almost 20 points down to take the lead, I thought surely we would win. KD has been incredibly clutch this season, so also really surprised he didn't hit any of those 3 shots. Kevin Martin was indeed a pest that night. Although I'm still a little upset that they gave him those last two free throws on such a flop. But oh well.

juck

Reaction score
casmith07;4420972 said:
pass me some of whatever you're smoking.
Are u kidding? Cause that was definitely legendary. Did u watch every game?
WOW.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Dallas has been playing well.. makes me even more suprised that the Sixers are beating them right now.