2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Reaction score
Goku;4432246 said:
damn you got me excited.

I see LO isn't loved by Dallas fans. :laugh2:

Can't blame y'all he's been terrible this season. It's amazing what a difference a year makes. Last season he was spectacular and arguably our most consistent player. He disappeared against Dallas in the postseason, but overall he had a great season. He got traded then it was vetoed. Demanded a trade and he just hasn't been the same. He's never been very mentally tough and quite honestly I saw it coming. It was a really tough summer for LO. His cousin was murdered, he was in an accident that saw a young child lose his life, got swept, and then got traded. He should just retire.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4432250 said:

Can't blame y'all he's been terrible this season. It's amazing what a difference a year makes. Last season he was spectacular and arguably our most consistent player. He disappeared against Dallas in the postseason, but overall he had a great season. He got traded then it was vetoed. Demanded a trade and he just hasn't been the same. He's never been very mentally tough and quite honestly I saw it coming. It was a really tough summer for LO. His cousin was murdered, he was in an accident that saw a young child lose his life, got swept, and then got traded. He should just retire.

Show up in the playoffs and all is forgiven...

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If Dallas buys out Lamar Odom, the Lakers should bring him back.

They excelled on having length at all but the point guard position, and now they don't have that. It'll be a cold day in hell before Odom goes back to LA with the way Jim Buss has treated that team, though. He'll probably end up playing for the Clippers, which actually wouldn't be a bad look. He'd be an awesome 6th man for them and would give them more length on the defensive/rebounding side of the floor, something that Griffin isn't quite there with yet.

Gator88

Reaction score
casmith07;4432443 said:

They excelled on having length at all but the point guard position, and now they don't have that. It'll be a cold day in hell before Odom goes back to LA with the way Jim Buss has treated that team, though. He'll probably end up playing for the Clippers, which actually wouldn't be a bad look. He'd be an awesome 6th man for them and would give them more length on the defensive/rebounding side of the floor, something that Griffin isn't quite there with yet.

I'd be shocked if Dallas buys out Odom before the offseason. They've invested too much into him to just let him go.

Reaction score
casmith07;4432443 said:

No we shouldn't. I love the guy and everything he's done, but have you seen him play this year? The guy has been the epitome of terrible. His talent is still there, but his heart and head aren't into the game of basketball. I doubt he would give us anymore than Murphy has.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4432250 said:

Why is it that guys like LO are said to be not mentally tough but Gasol is labeled as soft? I have seen people die as well but it never made me forget how to dribble a basketball. The guy is just phoning it in and if it wasn't for Phil Jackson LO's career would have been over years ago.

Reaction score
jcollins28;4432902 said:
Why is it that guys like LO are said to be not mentally tough but Gasol is labeled as soft? I have seen people die as well but it never made me forget how to dribble a basketball. The guy is just phoning it in and if it wasn't for Phil Jackson LO's career would have been over years ago.

Yeah I think don't Pau is soft. Anyone who knows basketball knows he isn't. He's a finesse player doesn't mean he's soft. He showed me all I needed to see in 2009 & 2010 when he made Howard and Garnett his ***** in the Finals. Obviously he got outplayed badly by Nowitzki last year, but everybody did. Nowitzki had a legendary playoff run that has been matched by very few players. One bad playoffs doesn't make a player.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Is MB4 banned or something? Can't imagine he wouldn't post after that game last night otherwise.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
jcollins28;4432902 said:

Because Odom is from the playgrounds of Queens New York and Pau is a Euro, and there's stereotypes involved with both.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;4432443 said:

Lakers can't bring him back this year or next, part of the new CBA.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4434972 said:
Thank God.

Yeah, it's a new clause which basically states that if a team trades a player and then that player is bought out and back on the market the team that traded him cannot sign him during the current season or the next. It's in place to prevent teams from trading players away who they know will be bought out and then bringing them back, essentially getting the player they traded for for free. It has happened several times in the past few years.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4434981 said:
Yeah, it's a new clause which basically states that if a team trades a player and then that player is bought out and back on the market the team that traded him cannot sign him during the current season or the next. It's in place to prevent teams from trading players away who they know will be bought out and then bringing them back, essentially getting the player they traded for for free. It has happened several times in the past few years.

ya i remember when we did that with brent barry, a lot of coaches around the nba ****ted a brick. i know others have done id before and since that, but i cant think of any other examples off the top of my head

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4434981 said:

Yeah the one I'll always remember is when Cleveland traded Illgauskas to Washington and he returned a month later.

Goku

Benched
Reaction score
this team is nothing without Dirk. i'm ready for d-will and company to arrive next year. the power forward position is complete trash without Odom.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Goku;4435029 said:
this team is nothing without Dirk. i'm ready for d-will and company to arrive next year. the power forward position is complete trash without Odom.

What happened to Dirk ?