2012-2013 European soccer thread.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Little late......but that was SUCH a vintage win by United on Sunday. Incredible performance from RVP.

:starspin

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
ka0tik;4705800 said:
btw - EPL > LA LIGA. la liga is so boring, its been almost 10 years since a team not called Real Or Barca won it (Valencia 2003). Atleast EPL, has more than 2 teams competing strongly year after year.

n why is ronaldo crying in real? ******.. lol

Since 1995 4 teams have won the premiership. Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and now that the have joined Chelsea in having an oil rich foreign owner willing to by trophies Man City. Of those United have 10, Arsenal and Chelsea 3 each and City once. Hardly the open championship you make out. If you're actually wanting unpredictable leagues with a high standard of football then I'd suggest looking into the recent history of the German or French leagues.

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/p...-cristiano-ronaldo-back-man-utd-says-ferguson

I'll take Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man Utd, says Ferguson

GET Ronaldo. That's the unequivocal message from Alex Ferguson to his Manchester United board as he plots the return of the petulant Portuguese playmaker.

According to the Daily Mirror, the return of Cristiano Ronaldo to Old Trafford is "on the cards" in the light of his sulky antics at Real Madrid. He refused to celebrate a goal in Real's win last weekend and subsequently said he was "sad" with his life at the Bernabeu.

Ronaldo left United for Spain three years ago in a record £80m transfer and the Mirror says Ferguson is sounding out Ronaldo to see if he is "serious" about wanting to walk out on Real Madrid. If Ferguson believes he is, then the canny Scot will insist to the United board that they re-sign the 27-year-old.

But would Ronaldo want to return to Old Trafford? The Mirror claims the source of his strop is Real's refusal to renegotiate his contract so he pockets £500,000 a week. Such a salary is way beyond United's means but Ferguson is hopeful that memories of his time at Old Trafford would persuade Ronaldo to return.

An United insider spilled the beans to the Mirror on the condition of anonymity, squealing: "It's a transfer that would prove that United can still compete with anyone for the biggest names in football."

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/p...aldo-back-man-utd-says-ferguson#ixzz266RN4APT

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
QPR tied at the half with Chelsea.

So glad to be back from international break.

joseephuss

Reaction score
windward;4733514 said:
Looking forward to Man U vs Liverpool next Sunday

Champions league group play begins this week with even better games than that.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
joseephuss;4733907 said:
Champions league group play begins this week with even better games than that.

Well, yeah.

But I'm a Liverpool supporter.

joseephuss

Reaction score
windward;4735076 said:
Well, yeah.

But I'm a Liverpool supporter.

Going to be a tough year. I guess the "Being" series is going to be the same kind of jinx that "Hard Knocks" is for NFL teams.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Ronaldo's goal would have been prevented had Kompany not ducked and Hart should still have kept it out even if he did see it late.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
3-2 win in Moscow, absolutely brilliant performance from The Bhoys

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
As he's now the greatest diver ever & performs superbly when there's no atmosphere, Liverpool FC have made a £67m bid for Baumgartner.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think Chelsea is the best team in the world right now.

They have a CL Final win over Barca in their pockets, a nice lead in the EPL and a ridiculous start to the CHEL careers of Eden and Oscar.

Can't wait to see the Spurs.

joseephuss

Reaction score
daschoo;4800951 said:
It's a cruel game

At least they get to try again at home in two weeks. Plus they are still in good shape within their group.