2012 NBA Finals Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4593915 said:
This talk of refs favoring the heat is hilarious. I'm guilty of not watching much basketball recently but what could the refs possibly gain by favoring the heat?

the fact that one team is superior to the other, so they are evening out the odds so that the series last longer. the longer the series, the more revenue from commercials, internet traffic, ticket sales, etc. its all about the benjamins

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4593895 said:
OKC is done. They had to go up 2-0 to win this series. Can't see them winning more than a game in Miami. Wouldn't be shocked if Miami win all 3.

THATS ridiculous, they are still the better team, they just have to win 1 game in miami at the minimum, i doubt they lose 4 in a row

a_minimalist

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593920 said:
the fact that one team is superior to the other, so they are evening out the odds so that the series last longer. the longer the series, the more revenue from commercials, internet traffic, ticket sales, etc. its all about the benjamins

Holy conspiracist batman!!! If that's not some bs conspiracy I don't know what is.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton
After a game 2 win, the Heat are sending LeBron, Wade and Bosh to the podium. However, their MVP is already there

34eb88d2c86066e0fccc9a98cd528fa5_large

MC KAos

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4593927 said:
Holy conspiracist batman!!! If that's not some bs conspiracy I don't know what is.

i guess you dont know what is

Noryb

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4593915 said:
This talk of refs favoring the heat is hilarious. I'm guilty of not watching much basketball recently but what could the refs possibly gain by favoring the heat?

The Thunder shot 26 FTs and the Heat shot 25 FTs. The Heat had 13 TOs and the Thunder had 10 TOs. No smoking gun there.

The losing team always blames the refs. It's annoying.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593924 said:
THATS ridiculous, they are still the better team, they just have to win 1 game in miami at the minimum, i doubt they lose 4 in a row

They're not the better team. Miami's big 3 is more seasoned and has more experience and they have better role players.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Noryb;4593932 said:
The Thunder shot 26 FTs and the Heat shot 25 FTs. The Heat had 13 TOs and the Thunder had 10 TOs. No smoking gun there.

you cant just automatically look at foul shots and assume anything, its who they are calling and for what, as you saw in the last few minutes, the heat got away with more than the thunder could, ie the BS foul call that sent wade to the line vs the non call on the last shot by durant.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4593933 said:
They're not the better team. Miami's big 3 is more seasoned and has more experience and they have better role players.

jeez man, you need to stop being a prisoner of the moment! just a few days ago you were saying the opposite! the thunder are still the better team, with the more talent, and the best coach (fisher)

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
MC KAos;4593934 said:
you cant just automatically look at foul shots and assume anything, its who they are calling and for what, as you saw in the last few minutes, the heat got away with more than the thunder could, ie the BS foul call that sent wade to the line vs the non call on the last shot by durant.

This.

MC KAos

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4593936 said:
do you really want me to pick apart your conspiracy? it's a horrible one and very easy to dismember.

go ahead, i doubt you will be very successful, its not like i just made it up yesterday

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Noryb;4593932 said:

Of course, something tells me that if it were Lebron taking the shot and Durant playing D there were be a different tone coming from some folks.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4593940 said:
Of course, something tells me that if it were Lebron taking the shot and Durant playing D there were be a different tone coming from some folks.

Seriously doubt it...a whistle would have blown.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Anyone noticing the trend?

OKC wins...no complaints about officiating.

MIA wins...all of a sudden complaints about officiating.

Confirmation bias, textbook example.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593920 said:

At a minimum the series will last 4 games. Do you really think the NBA would generate enough revenue from 3 extra games that would make whoever is leading your conspiracy feel inclined to rig the game?

How many games does the regular season and playoffs make up? You're telling me that compromising the authenticity of game hinges on revenues from 3 games at the end of the season? You do realize how ridiculous that sounds right? It sounds like something that comes out of some schizos mouth.

And by the way, OKC isn't so superior that Miami couldn't win a game or two.