2012 NBA Finals Thread

a_minimalist

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593986 said:
there is only one thing left for us to do, and thats the internet gentlemen's agreement to disagreement.

well said man. i agree to disagree with you.

Noryb

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593978 said:
my point is that if they are calling touch fouls all game, as evident by lebron having 4 called against him like you pointed out, why did they cal it differently when durant was fouled late? its not consistent.

They were pretty consistent the last six minutes of the game. They swallowed their whistle. I already pointed out that the game was called evenly so I'm not sure how more consistent they could have been.

So what happens if Durant makes that shot? Oh I know, they would have waived off the basket and called him for traveling.

MC KAos

Reaction score
btw, i like how the finals ended up setting up, schedule wise, they get 2 games with 1 night off, then 2 nights off for travel, 3 games with 1 night off in between, and then 2 nights off for travel again. common sense is not often found in the nba offices.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Noryb;4593991 said:
They were pretty consistent the last six minutes of the game. They swallowed their whistle. I already pointed out that the game was called evenly so I'm not sure how more consistent they could have been.

So what happens if Durant makes that shot? Oh I know, they would have waived off the basket and called him for traveling.

for one, i hate the notion that the game should be called differently because its a different period in the game, if its a foul with 6 minutes to go in the third quarter, it should be a foul in the last minute of a game. As to your point, that they swalloed their whistle late, ill answer with one question before i go to sleep, who does it benefit more that the refs swallow their whistle? the team thats up 10 points, or the team attempting a comeback?

Noryb

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593993 said:
for one, i hate the notion that the game should be called differently because its a different period in the game, if its a foul with 6 minutes to go in the third quarter, it should be a foul in the last minute of a game. As to your point, that they swalloed their whistle late, ill answer with one question before i go to sleep, who does it benefit more that the refs swallow their whistle? the team thats up 10 points, or the team attempting a comeback?

Obviously it benefits the team that's up. But I would like to point out that with 6:05 left, the Heat were up four.

Goodnight sir!

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I fell asleep, but from what I hear it sounds like Russ had one of those games that leaves you wondering why he isn't a 2 guard.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Noryb;4593995 said:
Obviously it benefits the team that's up. But I would like to point out that with 6:05 left, the Heat were up four.

Goodnight sir!

It benefits the team that is coming back because you are able to stop the clock. If the ref is making bad calls in favor of the other team that is a different story. In general though, if you are the team down the most helpful way you can put points on the board is by hitting your free throws.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm sad the Thunder lost but I'm not blaming it on officiating. That's pointless. There are good and bad calls in every game, of every sport, that go for and against every single team out there.

It's the human element of the game.

I'll just look for the Thunder to dust themselves off and do something about it in the up coming games. I still think Thunder in 6.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4594021 said:
I fell asleep, but from what I hear it sounds like Russ had one of those games that leaves you wondering why he isn't a 2 guard.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why they extended him.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
casmith07;4594085 said:

I think they should have, he's an incredible player. He is just a 2 guard playing the point. If they had somebody else as the primary ball handler who could control the tempo of the game they would be better off. James Harden should be their starting PG IMO, but his role right now is also important. But if they did have a true PG then he could read the game and get Westbrook the ball when he's feeling it, but also keep it away from him if he starts jacking up junk. His problem is sometimes he just starts jump shooting way early in the shot clock without even passing first. I'd be OK with it if he passed first, let the ball cycle, and if nothing is open then take his shot. They can still win a ring with Westbrook starting at point though, so I guess that is all that matters for now.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I think Miami will win 2 of 3 at home and go back to OKC needing to win one to close it out. I think they do it in 6.

They should win in 4, though. Whenever they start with the Dwyane Wade controlling the ball stuff, they get bad looks and OKC gets back in it. High pick and roll worked last night - got James in the lane and other guys open for kickouts, like Battier who must've entered an NBA Jam cheat code lol.

juck

Reaction score
I knew Miami would win that game. Now the pressure is on Thunder.That was an awful noncall. Refs said nope sorry lol.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
casmith07;4594085 said:

Talk about confirmation bias... I hate Westbrook, therefore he sucks!

Noryb

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4594023 said:
It benefits the team that is coming back because you are able to stop the clock. If the ref is making bad calls in favor of the other team that is a different story. In general though, if you are the team down the most helpful way you can put points on the board is by hitting your free throws.

He asked who does it benefit when the refs swallow their whistles (not call fouls), so we are in agreement.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4594157 said:
Talk about confirmation bias... I hate Westbrook, therefore he sucks!

He doesn't suck, he just doesn't understand his roll. He thinks he is Jordan when he should be a Pippen. If they could trade him for a high quality big man OKC would be set.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
I'm ok with the non call at the end of the game. Same as in hockey I don't want the game decided by a ticky tacky call. It was a foul but I don't think it really altered the shot. Durant just missed. This isn't anything new either, unless it is a blatant foul that call is never gonna get made.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched last night and I only saw a few calls that I would've made differently. But with the benefit of replay, two of them were good no-calls.

I'd have to see the last play w/Bron on KD again to confirm, but I thought it was a foul. However, there wasn't THAT much contact that KD shouldn't have made the basket.

At this point of the season, refs are under such scrutiny that it wouldn't matter what call they make. Someone's going to hate it.

I think Westbrook played a mixed bag of a game. He'd made a terrific play followed by a headscratcher. I think Durant was Durant. I'm not sure what happened to Harden in the 2nd half.

For Miami, the difference was Dewayne Wade. His overall game was better. 1st game, he was a sloppy, turnover prone, and his shooting was way off. 2nd game was a total 180.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
http://i846.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab23/SirHypnotoad/ip7tCn1KGSMPH.gif

saw this over at another site :lmao:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;4595066 said:
http://i846.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab23/SirHypnotoad/ip7tCn1KGSMPH.gif

:laugh1: :bow:

Simply the greatest way to express that roster dynamic, ever.

juck

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;4595066 said:
<a href="http://i846.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab23/SirHypnotoad/ip7tCn1KGSMPH.gif" target="_blank">http://i846.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab23/SirHypnotoad/ip7tCn1KGSMPH.gif

Thats great:laugh1: Westbrook