2012 NBA Finals Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
casmith07;4593942 said:
Anyone noticing the trend?

OKC wins...no complaints about officiating.

MIA wins...all of a sudden complaints about officiating.

Confirmation bias, textbook example.

i would have complained about it last round, but i just didnt have the energy, and i guarantee you if miami wins the next two it will be the same thing for OKC in game 5

a_minimalist

Reaction score
casmith07;4593942 said:

I'm not even bothering anymore after this. It's ridiculous. Where was OKC the whole game? They were down 99% of the game. One "missed call" and the game is rigged. It's complete and utter nonsense.

MC KAos

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4593945 said:
At a minimum the series will last 4 games. Do you really think the NBA would generate enough revenue from 3 extra games that would make whoever is leading your conspiracy feel inclined to rig the game?

How many games does the regular season and playoffs make up? You're telling me that compromising the authenticity of game hinges on revenues from 3 games at the end of the season? You do realize how ridiculous that sounds right? It sounds like something that comes out of some schizos mouth.

And by the way, OKC isn't so superior that Miami couldn't win a game or two.

3 extra games is half of a seris, so yes it does matter. each finals game is watched by about 14-20 million people, thats 42 to 60 million more people times an advertiser can buy spots to show people, thats worth a lot of money. thats also 18-20 thousand more tickets to sell, at an average of about 100 dollars per seat (thats being generous) thats about 2 million dollars in tickets alone, per game! plus parking and concessions, the impact on the local economy, hotels, restaurants, etc. I dont know about you, but the millions of dollars the nba would make in that instance is not chump change, specially for a league that struggles to stay out of the red line.

Noryb

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593934 said:
you cant just automatically look at foul shots and assume anything, its who they are calling and for what, as you saw in the last few minutes, the heat got away with more than the thunder could, ie the BS foul call that sent wade to the line vs the non call on the last shot by Durant.

The last foul D. Wade drew was with 7:21 left in the game, so I fail to see the significance of that play.

There were three fouls called in the last six minutes of the game. One against the Heat and two against the Thunder and one of them was the intentional foul WB gave against Lebron with seven seconds left.

I think people see what they want to see.

Noryb

Reaction score
casmith07;4593942 said:

This ^

MC KAos

Reaction score
Noryb;4593956 said:
The last foul D. Wade drew was with 7:21 left in the game, so I fail to see the significance of that play.

There were three fouls called in the last six minutes of the game. One against the Heat and two against the Thunder and one of them was the intentional foul WB gave against Lebron with seven seconds left.

I think people see what they want to see.

i saw a player not get touched on the same spot of the court and get a foul called in his favor, and i saw another player in a critical spot get fouled and not get called in front of a player. its about consistency, and those plays happened in the same game, it doesnt matter when it happens, a foul is a foul, it should be called accordingly. if you are gonna let crap like that slide, there is no way kevin durant should have 5 fouls

Reaction score
Westbrick has 3-5 games to save his Thunder career. No doubt in my mind he'll get traded if he continues to play like garbage and OKC loses.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4593960 said:
Westbrick has 3-5 games to save his Thunder career. No doubt in my mind he'll get traded if he continues to play like garbage and OKC loses.

:bang2:

Prisoner of the Moment.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593953 said:
3 extra games is half of a seris, so yes it does matter. each finals game is watched by about 14-20 million people, thats 42 to 60 million more people times an advertiser can buy spots to show people, thats worth a lot of money. thats also 18-20 thousand more tickets to sell, at an average of about 100 dollars per seat (thats being generous) thats about 2 million dollars in tickets alone, per game! plus parking and concessions, the impact on the local economy, hotels, restaurants, etc. I dont know about you, but the millions of dollars the nba would make in that instance is not chump change, specially for a league that struggles to stay out of the red line.

So what you're saying is that it would take two teams to rig the game so that each team could benefit from the extended playoff series. Where I come from, mathematically speaking, each team would then cancel each other out. There could be no real rigging.

But, you keep hanging on to that theory. I'll be over here in reality.

Noryb

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593959 said:
i saw a player not get touched on the same spot of the court and get a foul called in his favor, and i saw another player in a critical spot get fouled and not get called in front of a player. its about consistency, and those plays happened in the same game, it doesnt matter when it happens, a foul is a foul, it should be called accordingly. if you are gonna let crap like that slide, there is no way kevin durant should have 5 fouls

Lebron had 4 fouls, so what's your point?

Exactly, a foul is a foul and the Heat had 21 fouls called against them while the Thunder had 22 fouls called against them, yet the Thunder drew more shooting fouls.

MC KAos

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4593965 said:
So what you're saying is that it would take two teams to rig the game so that each team could benefit from the extended playoff series. Where I come from, mathematically speaking, each team would then cancel each other out. There could be no real rigging.

But, you keep hanging on to that theory. I'll be over here in reality.

no, you said there was no reason to do it, i gave you a massive financial one. me and my theory will stay in open minded land, while you can stay over there in close mindedville, where politicians are honest, corporations care about people, and rich people and poor people are treated equally in the eyes of the law.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Noryb;4593973 said:
Lebron had 4 fouls, so what's your point?

Exactly, a foul is a foul and the Heat had 21 fouls called against them while the Thunder had 22 fouls called against them, yet the Thunder drew more shooting fouls.

my point is that if they are calling touch fouls all game, as evident by lebron having 4 called against him like you pointed out, why did they cal it differently when durant was fouled late? its not consistent.

MC KAos

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4593969 said:
They have tacos in your world?

yes, they were made by open minded people that thought it would be a good idea to combine a tortilla with some meat and salsa, WHAT A CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN! PEOPLE THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX!

a_minimalist

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593974 said:
no, you said there was no reason to do it, i gave you a massive financial one. me and my theory will stay in open minded land, while you can stay over there in close mindedville, where politicians are honest, corporations care about people, and rich people and poor people are treated equally in the eyes of the law.

a_minimalist;4593945 said:
At a minimum the series will last 4 games. Do you really think the NBA would generate enough revenue from 3 extra games that would make whoever is leading your conspiracy feel inclined to rig the game?

How many games does the regular season and playoffs make up? You're telling me that compromising the authenticity of game hinges on revenues from 3 games at the end of the season? You do realize how ridiculous that sounds right? It sounds like something that comes out of some schizos mouth.

And by the way, OKC isn't so superior that Miami couldn't win a game or two.

a_minimalist;4593915 said:
This talk of refs favoring the heat is hilarious. I'm guilty of not watching much basketball recently but what could the refs possibly gain by favoring the heat?

That's what I said. I never said there was no reason. Clearly you see what you want to see. You're a bit paranoid man.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
MC KAos;4593979 said:
yes, they were made by open minded people that thought it would be a good idea to combine a tortilla with some meat and salsa, WHAT A CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN! PEOPLE THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX!

You're not thinking outside of the box man. If you think that is thinking outside of the box that is very sad. People think outside of the box, you think the box is some sort of unfair, rigged, dangerous, corrupt place so you created a circle and live within it.

MC KAos

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4593980 said:
That's what I said. I never said there was no reason. Clearly you see what you want to see. You're a bit paranoid man.

you asked what the refs would benefit, the refs would benefit by making their boss, david stern, happy, david stern would be happy by extending a series, giving the nba more exposure and HIS bosses, the owners, more money. i answered your question as to what they have to gain.

just like everything in this world, money rules over all, thats my opinion, you obviously dont agree with it, lets just leave it at that.

MC KAos

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4593982 said:
You're not thinking outside of the box man. If you think that is thinking outside of the box that is very sad. People think outside of the box, you think the box is some sort of unfair, rigged, dangerous, corrupt place so you created a circle and live within it.

there is only one thing left for us to do, and thats the internet gentlemen's agreement to disagreement.