2012 NBA Finals Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
KD is amazing! his attitude, his game, his clutchness! nothing about the guy to dislike! im just glad he is a LONGHORN!!!!

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
MC KAos;4592127 said:
KD is amazing! his attitude, his game, his clutchness! nothing about the guy to dislike! im just glad he is a LONGHORN!!!!

Very much, I enjoy everything about his game.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4592122 said:
Na I like KD a lot.

You're a Mavs of course you're gonna say that. Durant is already a better player than Dirk ever was. He's as good if not even better offensively, as clutch as Dirk ever was, and he's a much, much better defender.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4592143 said:
You're a Mavs of course you're gonna say that. Durant is already a better player than Dirk ever was. He's as good if not even better offensively, as clutch as Dirk ever was, and he's a much, much better defender.

Of course I'm going to say what? What do you mean by that?

I never said Dirk was better than KD. Dirk is awesome though and I wouldn't want any other star player on the Mavs.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4592149 said:
Of course I'm going to say what? What do you mean by that?

I never said Dirk was better than KD. Dirk is awesome though and I wouldn't want any other star player on the Mavs.

Sorry I got your quote confused with juck's.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4592274 said:
They asked Kobe what he thought about Durant and he said "he's a 6"11 me"

damn, KD might just "Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, charles barkley, Malone and Stockton" LeBron!

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4592118 said:
He's just mad that KD is already better than Dirk ever was.
hahahahahahahahaha cmon bro and KD is no defensive stopper lol,I dont get where u guys get that.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
juck;4592404 said:
hahahahahahahahaha cmon bro and KD is no defensive stopper lol,I dont get where u guys get that.

He definitely isn't; but he isn't bad. Dirk is underrated as well. I would still take KD on D over Dirk though.

Dirk is actually ranked #123 all time in career defensive rating. For comparison, Dwayne Wade is ranked #118.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/def_rtg_career.html

If you want to go active Drtg leaders Dirk is #29.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/def_rtg_active.html

KD isn't even on the list.

DRtg
Defensive Rating (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); for players and teams it is points allowed per 100 posessions. This rating was developed by Dean Oliver, author of Basketball on Paper. I will point you to Dean's book for complete details.

Reaction score
juck;4592404 said:

Who said he was? KD is definitely a better defender than Dirk. That's not even debatable. Dirk is an average defender at best. Durant is above average.

juck

Reaction score
KD is great and he learned a lot from the big German. I see him trying the one legged fadeaway now. Bron Bron can stop him though. On the other hand Nobody can guard his Nowitzness.:eek:

Reaction score
juck;4592416 said:
KD is great and he learned a lot from the big German. I see him trying the one legged fadeaway now. Bron Bron can stop him though. On the other hand Nobody can guard his Nowitzness.:eek:

LeBron can't stop him and if no one can guard Dirk why is it that Serge Ibaka shut him down?

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4592517 said:
LeBron can't stop him and if no one can guard Dirk why is it that Serge Ibaka shut him down?

I didn't know averaging 27 ppg is getting shut down.

Also,

[youtube]GgO-h_6FlMI[/youtube]

Ibaka? Naaaaa

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4592521 said:
I didn't know averaging 27 ppg is getting shut down.

Also,

[youtube]GgO-h_6FlMI[/youtube]

Ibaka? Naaaaa

Yeah and he only shot 42 percent which is awful for a 7 footer. That video is from last year who cares?

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4592549 said:
Yeah and he only shot 42 percent which is awful for a 7 footer. That video is from last year who cares?

He actually shot .442. That is not awful lmao. He's not a low post 7 footer, this isn't Shaq backing people down 2 feet from the basket dude.

Last year? Damn that's old.

MC KAos

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4592409 said:
He definitely isn't; but he isn't bad. Dirk is underrated as well. I would still take KD on D over Dirk though.

Dirk is actually ranked #123 all time in career defensive rating. For comparison, Dwayne Wade is ranked #118.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/def_rtg_career.html

If you want to go active Drtg leaders Dirk is #29.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/def_rtg_active.html

KD isn't even on the list.

hey, look who is number 2 all time :D THE G.O.A.T. Forward!!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This thread got dumb really fast.

Keep it on topic - The Thunder is playing The Heat in the Finals. The Mavericks are at home watching.