2012 NBA Offseason Thread

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607914 said:
lol he sucks. Beasley is a worse version of Carmelo Anthony. He makes nobody around him better.

Dude what are you talking about? Beasley is a very good player. He's capable of scoring 20 ppg. A team like the Lakers need some scoring and Beasley is a natural born scorer.

Reaction score
Dash28;4607911 said:
He wants to terminate his one year deal now by saying he was blackmailed by Orl.

I'm starting to really dislike this clown.

Watch LA end up with him now.

I hope not. I think we should just extend Bynum and move on from this clown.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607927 said:
Dude what are you talking about? Beasley is a very good player. He's capable of scoring 20 ppg. A team like the Lakers need some scoring and Beasley is a natural born scorer.

He's also capable of scoring 20 pts on 30 shots while playing no defense and jacking around the whole game. He's no good, you will regret having him. There is a reason Minny doesn't want to extend him.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607933 said:
He's also capable of scoring 20 pts on 30 shots while playing no defense and jacking around the whole game. He's no good, you will regret having him. There is a reason Minny doesn't want to extend him.

Minny doesn't wanna extend him because they already have Kevin Love. Beasley is a scorer and he'll have off games like any other scorer. He's an terrific player and would really bolster the Lakers weak bench.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607934 said:
Minny doesn't wanna extend him because they already have Kevin Love. Beaaleu is a scorer and he'll have off games like any other scorer. He's an terrific player and would really bolster the Lakers weak bench.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4388/gamelog

Check out that game log, the dude is garbage. You will eventually hate him. Just because he can score points doesn't mean he is a good player. Inconsistent, plays zero defense, turns the ball over, and he can't pass.

Last night was Beasley's best game of his season. Basketball-Reference.com showed his offensive rating as a 166 (meaning every 100 possessions, he produces 166 points), which would lead the league by far for regular players. However, a look at the other side of the equation showed his defensive rating as a 115 (giving up 115 points per 100 possessions) which would be the worst among regulars.

To look at one game would be unfair so let's consider his previous year as well. Last year with the Wolves, Beasley had what many people felt was a comeback year, averaging 19.2 points with 5.6 rebounds. A closer look at those numbers show that Beasley's offensive rating was a 100 and his defensive rating was a 112.

Another important metric to view a player is player efficiency rating, which shows us per minute performance. The league average PER is 15.00. Beasley racked up a 13.1 PER at small forward last year and gave up a 19.3 to opposing players. How can a player who seemed to have such a good year be outperformed by so much?

In the interest of fairness, Beasley performed much better at the power forward position, outperforming his opponent 18.4-17.7, but the problem there is that Kevin Love is the Timberwolves power forward and won't be giving up minutes to anyone.

Beasley has only played in half of the Timberwolves games this year, averaging 30.6 minutes per game. It is a reasonable sample, which is why the most telling stat to explain his performance this year is his minus-10 difference in offensive to defensive rating. Even worse than the overall number, Beasley's PER this year at small forward is a historically terrible 3.2, while giving up a 16.6 to opponents.

The last number I'm going to leave you with is plus-4. Beasley's tremendous offensive showing against the Rockets last night netted his team four extra points. That's it. He had to have one of the best offensive nights in his career just to get his team a four-point advantage.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1047338-nba-michael-beasley-is-minnesota-timberwolves-fools-gold

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607935 said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4388/gamelog

Check out that game log, the dude is garbage. You will eventually hate him. Just because he can score points doesn't mean he is a good player. Inconsistent, plays zero defense, turns the ball over, and he can't pass.

He's had some good games and some off games like every other player so what? Again he's a great scorer and would help the Lakers who need scoring tremendously.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607937 said:
He's had some good games and some off games like every other player so what? Again he's a great scorer and would help the Lakers who need scoring tremendously.

blah blah blah he still plays no D and his "great scoring" (lol) doesn't even help much because he gives up so many points. HE SUCKS! LOL.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607938 said:
blah blah blah he still plays no D and his "great scoring" (lol) doesn't even help much because he gives up so many points. HE SUCKS! LOL.

He doesn't suck and he's exactly what LA needs off the bench, legit scoring.

Continue rant.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Dash28;4607944 said:
He doesn't suck and he's exactly what LA needs off the bench, legit scoring.

Continue rant.

If by legit scoring you mean an isolation player who is going to stall the flow of the game and make the players around him worse so be it lol.

Reaction score
Just read the Lakers have talked to Jason Terry. I really hope we could get him. Then trade Pau to Minny for Beasley, Williams, and Barea. Resign Sessions, Hill, and Ebanks. Get rid if Blake somehow.

Sessions/Barea
Bryant/Terry
MWP/Ebanks
Williams/Beasley
Bynum/Hill

That's a legit championship contender. Barea + Terry destroyed us last year on their way to a title. I remember Terry went 9/10 in one game. He's a big time player.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Do you honestly want to trade Pau for Beasley? If you have Beasley playing with JET, JET will be inaffective because the ball movement will be so garbage he can't produce. He will also limit Barea's (who has a terrible contract) P&R with his garbage iso's.

Kobe should be the only player getting heavy isolation plays for LA.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607948 said:
Just read the Lakers have talked to Jason Terry. I really hope we could get him. Then trade Pau to Minny for Beasley, Williams, and Barea. Resign Sessions, Hill, and Ebanks. Get rid if Blake somehow.

Sessions/Barea
Bryant/Terry
MWP/Ebanks
Williams/Beasley
Bynum/Hill

That's a legit championship contender. Barea + Terry destroyed us last year on their way to a title. I remember Terry went 9/10 in one game. He's a big time player.

Don't think LA can afford JT unless he accepts mmle.

LA could keep their core if they upgrade bench with Beasley or JT types. Only way to upgrade bench may be to trade Pau, but hopefully they hold for best deal for him.

Reaction score
Dash28;4607950 said:
Don't think LA can afford JT unless he accepts mmle.

LA could keep their core if they upgrade bench with Beasley or JT types. Only way to upgrade bench may be to trade Pau, but hopefully they hold for best deal for him.

Well at this point of his career I could see JET taking a paycut. I don't see him resigning with the Mavs. I see him ending up in either Miami, Boston, or one of the two L.A. teams.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607952 said:
Well at this point of his career I could see JET taking a paycut. I don't see him resigning with the Mavs. I see him ending up in either Miami, Boston, or one of the two L.A. teams.

If he's taking the minimum he will be a Mav...

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607952 said:

What's your take on Derrick Williams? He's been offered with other players for Pau.

I think he can turn into a very good player, lots of untapped potential and an much needed athlete for LA roster.

Anyone else feel free to give your thoughts on DW.

Reaction score
Dash28;4607956 said:
What's your take on Derrick Williams? He's been offered with other players for Pau.

I think he can turn into a very good player, lots of untapped potential and an much needed athlete for LA roster.

I agree with you I think he's a guy who has a lot of potential. He could be an All Star down the road. He's not gonna fulfill his potential in Minny because he's playing behind Kevin Love. I would do that deal for Pau in a heartbeat. As much as I love Pau and appreciate what he's done for us his time in L.A. is over. He's on the decline and his stock is low. In that deal we get two very solid young players along with a solid backup point guard who was a key part of a championship team

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607953 said:
If he's taking the minimum he will be a Mav...

I think he said he only wants long term deal to stay with Mavs, won't accept vet min with them. It's still a possibility.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Dash28;4607956 said:

He's good, but I think Pau is more valuable. Williams/Beasley for Pau would be a stupid trade for LA. Doubt it happens.