2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607962 said:
He's good, but I think Pau is more valuable. Williams/Beasley for Pau would be a stupid trade for LA. Doubt it happens.

Doesn't even come close to working any way.

Williams makes about 4 million and Beasley will probably get around 6 million. Need about 10 million more to match. Add in Barea and another player and it'll work.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607964 said:
Doesn't even come close to working any way.

Williams makes about 4 million and Beasley will probably get around 6 million. Need about 10 million more to match. Add in Barea and another player and it'll work.

I was just speaking in terms of the main pieces. Y'all seem to consider Beasley a main piece.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607967 said:
I was just speaking in terms of the main pieces. Y'all seem to consider Beasley a main piece.

Yes he'd be the main piece along with Derrick Williams.

This will probably be Minny's offer.

Beasley, Williams, Barea, and Johnson for Gasol.

That's probably as good a deal as we're gonna get for Pau.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607984 said:
Yes he'd be the main piece along with Derrick Williams.

This will probably be Minny's offer.

Beasley, Williams, Barea, and Johnson for Gasol.

That's probably as good a deal as we're gonna get for Pau.

Would you like it if LA made that deal?

Only pieces I really like in that are Williams and Johnson. Johnson has potential but he hasn't shown anything yet so that's just risky. Barea is good but I don't think he has a very favorable contract, and was injured constantly last season. Your giving up a very versatile big man for Williams basically. Not so sure it's smart. I also don't believe the LA management will accept that deal.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607991 said:
Would you like it if LA made that deal?

Yeah because I honestly don't see us getting a better offer than that. Pau has a toxic contract and is nowhere near the player he was in Memphis and his first few years as a Laker. We cannot afford to keep him with the new CBA. You can't pay a guy 20 million a year who's your 3rd option and has gone MIA in the postseason. I love Pau and will never ever forget his contributions to the Lakers, but as they say all great things must come to an end. This marriage between Gasol and the Lakers is over.

I really hate David Stern right now. Last year Mitch got Chris Paul who is the best guard after Kobe in the NBA IMO and then Stern nixed the deal. That could potentially set the Lakers back a long time. Howard probably would've ended up in L.A. shortly after Paul did. A Kobe, Paul, Howard trio would terrorize the league and no doubt win it all.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607993 said:
Yeah because I honestly don't see us getting a better offer than that. Pau has a toxic contract and is nowhere near the player he was in Memphis and his first few years as a Laker. We cannot afford to keep him with the new CBA. You can't pay a guy 20 million a year who's your 3rd option and has gone MIA in the postseason. I love Pau and will never ever forget his contributions to the Lakers, but as they say all great things must come to an end. This marriage between Gasol and the Lakers is over.

They should just throw in some draft picks and forget Beasley.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607996 said:
No Beasley no deal.

Pekovic.

If I was the GM of LA I would say give me Pek and Williams and you got a deal. Beasley can go sign for the Clips or something.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607997 said:
Pekovic.

If I was the GM of LA I would say give me Pek and Williams and you got a deal. Beasley can go sign for the Clips or something.

Pek is a center. Our starting center is obviously Andrew Bynum. Beasley gives is a scorer off the bench.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4607999 said:
Pek is a center. Our starting center is obviously Andrew Bynum. Beasley gives is a scorer off the bench.

Pek will score off the bench when Bynum is out. He will give you another big body since your gonna dump Pau. He's just a better basketball player than Beasley.

MC KAos

Reaction score
im still not understanding how the mavs had such a deep team but could only muster a 7 seed with one of the top 10 players in the nba. they HAD a deep team 2 years ago, but i think you guys are overrating guys outside of dirk, terry, kidd, and marion.

having said that, i have no doubt that williams and howard have talked, otherwise there would be no reason outside of money for him to even consider staying in brooklyn over going to the mavs

Noryb

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607938 said:
blah blah blah he still plays no D and his "great scoring" (lol) doesn't even help much because he gives up so many points. HE SUCKS! LOL.

These kids don't care about defense, your wasting your time. You don't win championships with players like Beasley. This would be his third team in five years. There is a reason for that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Deron Williams update:

Most of you know the status for those who do not, here is where we are as of Sunday, July 1:

* Instead of declaring right away, DWill will wait at least until after Monday.
The free-agent dominos will begin to fall quickly after he declares his intentions.

* D-Will and J Kidd played golf together yesterday in the Hamptons. Obviously Kidd wants him in Dallas, but there is speculation they could be a pkg deal at either location. But seeing that Kidd nad Avery Johnson did not mesh at all in Dallas, J Kidd with the Nets is a stretch.

* Like a poster announced earlier, Howard says he'd like to go to the Nets. This is a move to give DWill "official" notice, though I'm sure they have spoken anyway.

* Dirk has been very public about wanting DWill (who wouldn't?) but will not be with the Mavs group meeting with Williams on Monday. Dirk will be at Wimbleton. All parties seem fine with that as he has basically begged DWill to come to Dallas for a month now.

* The Mavs shedded Odum's contract but picked up the cheap option on Vince Carter, who is also friends with DWill.

We'll know one way or the other soon, but the fat lady has not yet sung.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
I think DWill will be a Mav but we will have to amnesty either Haywood or Marion, which sucks. If we can amnesty and then somehow grab Dwight in some sort of a miraculous deal, I will scream for joy.

Reaction score
Noryb;4608037 said:
These kids don't care about defense, your wasting your time. You don't win championships with players like Beasley. This would be his third team in five years. There is a reason for that.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The Lakers won two championships with Derek Fisher who was/is no doubt one of the worst defenders in the game.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4608028 said:
im still not understanding how the mavs had such a deep team but could only muster a 7 seed with one of the top 10 players in the nba. they HAD a deep team 2 years ago, but i think you guys are overrating guys outside of dirk, terry, kidd, and marion.

having said that, i have no doubt that williams and howard have talked, otherwise there would be no reason outside of money for him to even consider staying in brooklyn over going to the mavs

Their issue was chemistry not talent.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4608001 said:
Pek will score off the bench when Bynum is out. He will give you another big body since your gonna dump Pau. He's just a better basketball player than Beasley.

The Lakers don't need Pek though. They have a center, but they need a scorer off the bench.

Reaction score
Gerald Wallace Resigns With Brooklyn

gerald-wallace.jpg

The Brooklyn Nets reached a verbal commitment with swingman Gerald Wallace on a four-year deal worth $40 million, according to sources close to the process.

The Nets have been openly confident in their ability to re-sign Wallace, who opted out of the final year of his contract last month with the intent of staying with the Nets.

No new contracts in the NBA can be officially signed until July 11, but sources told ESPN.com that Wallace -- originally expected to land a three-year deal worth $24 million -- will instead land the four-year deal.

Wallace opted out of the $9.5 million he was originally scheduled to earn in 2012-13 on June 15 to proceed to free agency.

The Nets paid a high price to acquire Wallace from Portland during the season in hopes of upgrading the roster to convince marquee free agent Deron Williams to commit to the team long term, sending the Blazers their top pick in this year's draft with only top-three protection attached. When Brooklyn finished sixth in the May lottery, Portland took control of the pick and drafted Weber State point guard Damian Lillard.

Overpaid.

Reaction score
I would actually like to see D-Will in Dallas since he probably won't be traded to the Lakers. Dirk is one of my favorite players. He deserves to play with another star so he can try to get another ring.