2013 Schedule Thread

jzcowboy

Reaction score
Nation;5049391 said:
I always look forward to the NFL schedule release. It's interesting to see the intricacies of our schedule and the rest of the East (who each plays coming off their bye, the national schedule for week one, what the primetime games will be, how many teams we play are coming off bye weeks) plus I do a trip or two to an away game once a year.
Sounds alot like me

Shunpike

Reaction score
This year I am hoping to make a trip for one of Giants' away game. My candidates are Dallas and Chicago. I will pick one of the two. I hope either Dallas or Chicago games are on the Christmas or New Year weekends. We will see. 51 hours to go.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
dargonking999;5049272 said:
wow that must be a sucky policy if you have to schedule 1-2 days off over 4 months in advance...

Let me reclarify:

Our vacations all have to be requested by the end of February. Only a total of 80 hours can be carried over into the following year. The idea is to avoid multiple people going into a panic frenzy towards the end of the year to take off multiple weeks to get under 80, making the branch inoperable due to limited amount of workers. So we have to choose which weeks we want off and submit them at the time stated above. This is obviously inconvenient for people like me who are trying to go to their first Cowboys game in Dallas because I have no clue what specific week in September/Oct/Nov Dallas will be home. For example, lets say I choose the week of September 15th and the schedule comes out Thursday and Dallas is away. Now I've scheduled a week off for no reason because my intention was to see the game in Dallas and Dallas is away.

My situation is that I have one extra week I was rewarded that I need to submit ASAP. This is the week I want to use to see a game in Dallas. This week should have been submitted a little while ago but my bosses are bending the rules a bit because I told them I will know which week to take off once the schedule is out. So the longer this takes, the less chance I have of picking a week in which Dallas plays at home.

It sucks because I pretty much have to know exactly what I'm going to do all year which is usually impossible for most people. Makes it difficult to plan trips with friends. But it is what it is.

People like DoomsDay obviously need things broken down as the above, when in reality, simply saying "it doesn't matter for me" would have sufficed instead of the way he/she has been carrying on.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
DejectedFan1996;5049654 said:
Let me reclarify:

Our vacations all have to be requested by the end of February. Only a total of 80 hours can be carried over into the following year. The idea is to avoid multiple people going into a panic frenzy towards the end of the year to take off multiple weeks to get under 80, making the branch inoperable due to limited amount of workers. So we have to choose which weeks we want off and submit them at the time stated above. This is obviously inconvenient for people like me who are trying to go to their first Cowboys game in Dallas because I have no clue what specific week in September/Oct/Nov Dallas will be home. For example, lets say I choose the week of September 15th and the schedule comes out Thursday and Dallas is away. Now I've scheduled a week off for no reason because my intention was to see the game in Dallas and Dallas is away.

My situation is that I have one extra week I was rewarded that I need to submit ASAP. This is the week I want to use to see a game in Dallas. This week should have been submitted a little while ago but my bosses are bending the rules a bit because I told them I will know which week to take off once the schedule is out. So the longer this takes, the less chance I have of picking a week in which Dallas plays at home.

It sucks because I pretty much have to know exactly what I'm going to do all year which is usually impossible for most people. Makes it difficult to plan trips with friends. But it is what it is.

People like DoomsDay obviously need things broken down as the above, when in reality, simply saying "it doesn't matter for me" would have sufficed instead of the way he/she has been carrying on.

Well I still say the.policy sucks. LOL..but it is what it is

Little Jr

Reaction score
We had the samolicy at my old job but they would let us change it if something came up and no one else was taking them days off.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
DejectedFan1996;5049654 said:

I'm pretty sure it is a she. :)

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The main thing for me is to look and see how many Cowboy games my local channels would possibly air, since I only have RZ channel.

RS12

Reaction score
Peter Burns ‏@PeterBurnsRadio 1h
"Sources" confirm: #Ravens will open NFL season at #Broncos, also #Broncos to play #Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day.
Retweeted 29 times
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
RS12;5050728 said:
"Sources" confirm: #Ravens will open NFL season at #Broncos, also #Broncos to play #Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day.
Retweeted 29 times

Oh joy! Lol i knew we were going to play them on t day.

Nation

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;5050730 said:

My stance on this one is that we have to play them at some point, and I'd rather play one of the best teams on our schedule with them coming off of a short week rather than play them off a bye or something like that.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Nation;5050739 said:
My stance on this one is that we have to play them at some point, and I'd rather play one of the best teams on our schedule with them coming off of a short week rather than play them off a bye or something like that.

Thats true. I just dont wanna play them period. Im surrounded by broncos fans. Lol but it would be awesome if we some how won. But im not counting on it im just hoping we dont get blown out.

StylisticS

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;5050730 said:
Peyton Manning and what could be a Super Bowl contender going up against Dallas? It was a given. I want to beat them badly too. They've had our number.

mldardy

Reaction score
StylisticS;5050750 said:
Peyton Manning and what could be a Super Bowl contender going up against Dallas? It was a given. I want to beat them badly too. They've had our number.

Manning hasn't.:laugh2:

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Pretty sure our opponents in Dec/Jan will have a combined winning % of over .500.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
RS12;5050728 said:
Retweeted 29 times

Looks like the Ravens will be starting 0-1. Pay back is coming.

I hope we can beat Denver on Thanksgiving day after being embarrassed by Washington last year.

mldardy

Reaction score
ufcrules1;5050802 said:
Looks like the Ravens will be starting 0-1. Pay back is coming.

I hope we can beat Denver on Thanksgiving day after being embarrassed by Washington last year.

Payback? In Week 1. Payback would be beating them in a playoff game or elimination game like winner goes to playoffs loser goes home. I don't think beating them in Week 1 is going to mean much.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
DefendingTheStar;5050814 said:
I'm thinking week 1 at chiefs or SD and week 17 at home vs Eagles

Both kc and sd should be wins depending on our defense but im eager to see what kc and the eagles will be like this year. Lol its still like 6 months away!!

ufcrules1

Reaction score
mldardy;5050805 said:
Payback? In Week 1. Payback would be beating them in a playoff game or elimination game like winner goes to playoffs loser goes home. I don't think beating them in Week 1 is going to mean much.

Sure it will, it is a revenge game considering Baltimore knocked them out last year. Same with NYG knocking us out in 2011 and then playing them in week 1 the next year. Will it mean as much as they playoff game? Of course not, but I assure you the Bronco's want some pay back.