2015-2016 NBA Season Thread

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying... the Cavs have who in the East? OKC had a great shot at beating GS last night and didn't get it done.

Just responding to what you said, "Are you so sure the Cavs win the East?"

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
"LeBron James
✔ ‎‎@KingJames
@StephenCurry30 needs to stop it man!! He's ridiculous man! Never before seen someone like him in the history of ball!"

I have, his name is Michael Jordan. Lebron was born in 1984. Jordan's rookie year. So obviously didn't follow him when he 1st came into the league and what he did year after year. Yes, Jordan was no where the 3pt shooter as Curry, but everything else, edge Jordan.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Curry, Amazing once again, 12 3's, 46pts. The ability to be in the moment, while Westbrook, & Durant gave the moment away. If anyone agrees with The Big O, & Zeke, today was a good example. The amount of times the defender went under the screen on Curry was pretty absurd considering who he is.... Draymond had one of the more incredible stat sheets I've seen in awhile... 2pts, 14rebs, 14assist, 6steals, 4blocks....
hence my earlier statement, even if his shot isn't falling, I rarely see him disappear.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
"LeBron James
✔ ‎‎@KingJames
@StephenCurry30 needs to stop it man!! He's ridiculous man! Never before seen someone like him in the history of ball!"

I have, his name is Michael Jordan. Lebron was born in 1984. Jordan's rookie year. So obviously didn't follow him when he 1st came into the league and what he did year after year. Yes, Jordan was no where the 3pt shooter as Curry, but everything else, edge Jordan.

I'm sure Lebron watched a lot of Jordan by way of studying him, he's a avid student. That being said, curry is unique. He didn't say impact, he said "likeness'.... and honestly, i've never seen some one shoot from distance, creating his own shot off the dribble, with his kinda of ball skill... not to mention how deep he's willing to launch, and his accuracy with it.

The man is unique...

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'm sure Lebron watched a lot of Jordan by way of studying him, he's a avid student. That being said, curry is unique. He didn't say impact, he said "likeness'.... and honestly, i've never seen some one shoot from distance, creating his own shot off the dribble, with his kinda of ball skill... not to mention how deep he's willing to launch, and his accuracy with it.

The man is unique...

Sure, watching Jordan on youtube. Not the same as in watching Jordan live as I did on tv during the regular season, in the all star games, in the playoffs, and also in the Olympics.

As I said, only thing Curry has over Jordan is the deep ball, everything else I take Jordan. Athleticism, ball handling, footwork, mid range game, post up game, rebounding, passing, defense, will to win, etc. Jordan stepped up his game in the playoffs against better teams and players. Curry did it for one season.

Last edited:

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Sure, watching Jordan on youtube. Not the same as in watching Jordan live as I did on tv during the regular season, in the all star games, in the playoffs, and also in the Olympics.

As I said, only thing Curry has over Jordan is the deep ball, everything else I take Jordan. Athleticism, ball handling, footwork, mid range game, post up game, passing, defense, will to win, etc. Jordan stepped up his game in the playoffs against better teams and players. Curry did it for one season.

Im sure Lebron has more sophisticated scouting tools than youtube... but yes being in the moment is a different animal.

Where I disagree with you, I didn't hear him compare Steph to the greats in his comments (although he has a right)... He said likeness. Even I, who only date as far back as the greatness of Kareem & Doc in the early 80's, have never seen anyone "like" steph... Just like when Magic evolved, I never seen anyone "like" him. I can say the same about Barkley, AI, Lebron, MJ, Hakeem.... etc... Its the uniqueness of Steph as a player that puts others in awe of his feats. No debate about "who's better" I don't think that inspired Lebron's comments, more so of how you accepted his comments... And you've seen greatness in the form of Jordan, so obviously you still have a vivid memory of it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Im sure Lebron has more sophisticated scouting tools than youtube... but yes being in the moment is a different animal.

Where I disagree with you, I didn't hear him compare Steph to the greats in his comments (although he has a right)... He said likeness. Even I, who only date as far back as the greatness of Kareem & Doc in the early 80's, have never seen anyone "like" steph... Just like when Magic evolved, I never seen anyone "like" him. I can say the same about Barkley, AI, Lebron, MJ, Hakeem.... etc... Its the uniqueness of Steph as a player that puts others in awe of his feats. No debate about "who's better" I don't think that inspired Lebron's comments, more so of how you accepted his comments... And you've seen greatness in the form of Jordan, so obviously you still have a vivid memory of it.

Best 3pt shooter, yes. That's it.

Last edited:

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
So, the plan was to hip check Nash and not injure him, (you can't convince me that Nash didn't sell that dive, because he didn't even hit that hard, and those tables/boards are not solid) but to get Amare and Diaw to step onto the court, thereby getting a league mandated one game suspension? Pop is a puppet master, because that was executed flawlessly.

Also, the Spurs were leading 2-1 going into that game, so they had already done pretty ok against a full Suns squad.

Yeah true but Nash was unstoppable that series. He made most of the plays for Phx that series. Yeah Spurs were leading two games to one but it was a given that Phx was going to score at least 100 points against a very good defensive Spurs team.

In the two Spurs losses they scored less than 100 ( if I remember game 4,when that foul happened, they scored under 100). The Spurs couldnt stop Phx offense and it wasnt a guarantee that the Spirs offense could continue scoring 100 plus points. I think the Nash foul was a setup if they knew the game would be out of reach.

If I remember, not one player from the Spurs moved at all. They just sat there like they were daydreaming. That was planned.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Curry, Amazing once again, 12 3's, 46pts. The ability to be in the moment, while Westbrook, & Durant gave the moment away. If anyone agrees with The Big O, & Zeke, today was a good example. The amount of times the defender went under the screen on Curry was pretty absurd considering who he is.... Draymond had one of the more incredible stat sheets I've seen in awhile... 2pts, 14rebs, 14assist, 6steals, 4blocks....
hence my earlier statement, even if his shot isn't falling, I rarely see him disappear.

You know what Im commenting on so I wont even bold the text lol.

Durant was in his head imo. I still think he is scared to shoot and he misses too many layups. In order for him to get out of his funk, he has to shoot more unless he will continue to be a liability.

On another note, if the reports are true about him complaining about his role in the offense, then I go back to my statement about him believing his own hype. If the Warriors know that he is good for picks and passes, then even they know he doesn't give much of anything on the offensive side of the ball outside of passing and picks.

Also, he needs to know when to clown around. I heard that it was Green that poured water on Curry on a regular season post game interview and that he tried to pick a fight with Iggy some time ago. Dude just needs to grow up and calm down.

Other than that, his defensive statline looks good but there are games everyday where a player had a defensive stat close to that but dont get recognize because of the team he is on.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
You know what Im commenting on so I wont even bold the text lol.

Durant was in his head imo. I still think he is scared to shoot and he misses too many layups. In order for him to get out of his funk, he has to shoot more unless he will continue to be a liability.

On another note, if the reports are true about him complaining about his role in the offense, then I go back to my statement about him believing his own hype. If the Warriors know that he is good for picks and passes, then even they know he doesn't give much of anything on the offensive side of the ball outside of passing and picks.

Also, he needs to know when to clown around. I heard that it was Green that poured water on Curry on a regular season post game interview and that he tried to pick a fight with Iggy some time ago. Dude just needs to grow up and calm down.

Other than that, his defensive statline looks good but there are games everyday where a player had a defensive stat close to that but dont get recognize because of the team he is on.

Did you see how he commanded the respect of his teammates in that huddle?... Did you see how focused they were on what he was saying?
i know you may not like his game, and thats fine... but the game is more than scoring, and he played extremely focused in the second half, and his team played with fire...

I don't expect players to fit into the blueprint I set for them, they are who they are. There have been plenty of vocal players towards coaches, not to mention what he said was just speculation. If they win another championship.... everything is null in void, because he is a leader, and makes a difference on the team... "You don't want me to shoot, fine Ill get 14 assist, 14rebs, 6steals, & 4 blocks"... I rather that than, "Im going to disappear because I mad"

edit: Talk about being in their head... Durant turns the ball over, and commits a foul at the end of regulation on back to back possessions...sending the game to OT... And the amount of times him and westbrook passed up the opportunity to force the defense hand late in the game was pretty interesting... Not to mention Ibaka was nowhere to be found all game, taking senseless shots, & flubbing on defense....

Last edited:

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Best 3pt shooter, yes. That's it.

If thats the credit you're going to give him.. thats fine...
But don't make it seem like its a small feet... The man hit 3 straight threes in the last minute and a half of the game (and off the dribble, not off screens)... the last one being the game winner from 30ft out....

Not to mention most of his threes were with bigger men in his face, did you see when he jab stepped, and swept under 7' stephen adams to get deep three on the wing?

pretty impressive if you ask me....

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If thats the credit you're going to give him.. thats fine...
But don't make it seem like its a small feet... The man hit 3 straight threes in the last minute and a half of the game (and off the dribble, not off screens)... the last one being the game winner from 30ft out....

Not to mention most of his threes were with bigger men in his face, did you see when he jab stepped, and swept under 7' stephen adams to get deep three on the wing?

pretty impressive if you ask me....

That's a feat? Reggie Miller did that in the playoffs vs the Knicks. I have given Curry credit for his outside shot. He does 1 thing extraordinary. Ok.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
That's a feat? Reggie Miller did that in the playoffs vs the Knicks. I have given Curry credit for his outside shot. He does 1 thing extraordinary. Ok.

Reggie Miller and Steph have/had very different skill sets... Reggie did not get his shots off the dribble... Steph does, not to mention he's just a skilled ball handler, finisher, and a very good passer when he gets into the paint...

Again... you can't underestimate a skill, when you have multiple good skills, that enhance the one extraordinary skill... it changes things....

I see we're not going to agree, and that fine... I can respect that, but I'm not going to take credit away from a player that is making his feats looks easy right now... He is at the top of his game, he's fun to watch, he's fearless, and he will go down as a great player, and deservedly so.

Ill move on now, because I don't think we're going to see eye to eye.. respect..

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Did you see how he commanded the respect of his teammates in that huddle?... Did you see how focused they were on what he was saying?
i know you may not like his game, and thats fine... but the game is more than scoring, and he played extremely focused in the second half, and his team played with fire...

I don't expect players to fit into the blueprint I set for them, they are who they are. There have been plenty of vocal players towards coaches, not to mention what he said was just speculation. If they win another championship.... everything is null in void, because he is a leader, and makes a difference on the team... "You don't want me to shoot, fine Ill get 14 assist, 14rebs, 6steals, & 4 blocks"... I rather that than, "Im going to disappear because I mad"

For the record, i like his game. His game reminds me of the 80s where players do a lot of other things. Its just too glorified to me.

Regarding the huddle, A lot of teams do that and I know you know that. Im going to stick and say his game is a good game that will give him a long NBA career. The assists he gets is similar to what Rondo use to get in Boston because he is surrounded by shooters. Hey, you and I could probably get 10 assist with that team as long as we can hit at least a 15 ft jumpshot.

The defensive statline is remarkable but there are many players that can come close to that but dont get recognized. In a game earlier this month, Favors had 11 points, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks, 2 steals. His teammate Gobert had 15 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 5 steals for the Jazz but no one (including me) knew about it at that time because the Jazz isnt important.

For people to say or think that Green is the only player in the NBA right now to have or come close to that statline is crazy and need to see that there is plenty of versatile players in the NBA.
What makes Green special from that group is that he is willing to play defense on the other team best player. That doesnt mean it will work but he is willing.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
For the record, i like his game. His game reminds me of the 80s where players do a lot of other things. Its just too glorified to me.

Regarding the huddle, A lot of teams do that and I know you know that. Im going to stick and say his game is a good game that will give him a long NBA career. The assists he gets is similar to what Rondo use to get in Boston because he is surrounded by shooters. Hey, you and I could probably get 10 assist with that team as long as we can hit at least a 15 ft jumpshot.

The defensive statline is remarkable but there are many players that can come close to that but dont get recognized. In a game earlier this month, Favors had 11 points, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks, 2 steals. His teammate Gobert had 15 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 5 steals for the Jazz but no one (including me) knew about it at that time because the Jazz isnt important.

For people to say or think that Green is the only player in the NBA right now to have or come close to that statline is crazy and need to see that there is plenty of versatile players in the NBA.
What makes Green special from that group is that he is willing to play defense on the other team best player. That doesnt mean it will work but he is willing.

Never heard me say that... I've already stated how I feel about him...
It's the team, how he influences them, and how they play together.... sum of all part..

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Reggie Miller and Steph have/had very different skill sets... Reggie did not get his shots off the dribble... Steph does, not to mention he's just a skilled ball handler, finisher, and a very good passer when he gets into the paint...

Again... you can't underestimate a skill, when you have multiple good skills, that enhance the one extraordinary skill... it changes things....

I see we're not going to agree, and that fine... I can respect that, but I'm not going to take credit away from a player that is making his feats looks easy right now... He is at the top of his game, he's fun to watch, he's fearless, and he will go down as a great player, and deservedly so.

Ill move on now, because I don't think we're going to see eye to eye.. respect..

lol. All that matters is getting the ball thru the net, Miller did that just as well as Curry. We see eye to eye. How many times do I have to say Curry is the best 3pt shooter. Sheez, I'm done.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Never heard me say that... I've already stated how I feel about him...
It's the team, how he influences them, and how they play together.... sum of all part..

Yeah it was still a good game. NBA needs to do Sat night games on ABC at the start of the end of college football season (before the bowl season). These games have been great.

bounce

Reaction score
Yeah true but Nash was unstoppable that series. He made most of the plays for Phx that series. Yeah Spurs were leading two games to one but it was a given that Phx was going to score at least 100 points against a very good defensive Spurs team.

In the two Spurs losses they scored less than 100 ( if I remember game 4,when that foul happened, they scored under 100). The Spurs couldnt stop Phx offense and it wasnt a guarantee that the Spirs offense could continue scoring 100 plus points. I think the Nash foul was a setup if they knew the game would be out of reach.

If I remember, not one player from the Spurs moved at all. They just sat there like they were daydreaming. That was planned.

That's quite a conspiracy theory that you think they calculated that the guys would jump off the bench and get suspended. They didn't jump because it wasn't their guy who got hit.

It was a hard foul, Nash sold it as harder than it was, and Amare and Diaw made a stupid decision on a VERY black/white rule.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
DeAngelo Russell has been ballin since January....

Kid is really starting to show his abilities... Him, Randle, and Nance are really nice young pieces.. (although Im not sure if Randle figures into their long term.)