2015-2016 NBA Season Thread

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm not saying Luke Walton isn't a good coach/great candidate, but unless he's bringing Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green with him to LA or NY, I wouldn't expect much too early.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Draymond Green should be thrown out of every game by the 3rd minute of the first quarter until he shuts his mouth.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Spurs win without Kawhi in Phoenix. Their defense is not that great without "The Claw" in the game. I hope they get healthy and right for the playoffs.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
The Game Is Changing:

"The Bucks have quickly determined that pairing Monroe with second-year forward Jabari Parker creates a slow and porous defensive front that probably can’t be fixed with schemes and practice time. Milwaukee nearly had a deal to ship Monroe to New Orleans, but the Pelicans balked at giving up Jrue Holiday, and that’s where talks crashed."

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
he's really good but no way he should get away with screaming at refs the way he does, he's 10 times worse than any other player.

I just opened this thread and saw this. I agree but I'm starting to think that he believes the hype that is given by the media. He is a solid player and versatile, but the reason why he is getting the praise is because he is on a team where it seems like everyone except for him and Bogut are given the green light. To me, he plays awkward and it looks like when he drives in for a shot, he doesn't look comfortable. I'm surprised that not many teams back away from him @ the top of the key because all he does is pass or kick and pass. Yes he can hit a shot or two but I would want him to shoot more shots instead of him passing it to the scoring threats.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I just opened this thread and saw this. I agree but I'm starting to think that he believes the hype that is given by the media. He is a solid player and versatile, but the reason why he is getting the praise is because he is on a team where it seems like everyone except for him and Bogut are given the green light. To me, he plays awkward and it looks like when he drives in for a shot, he doesn't look comfortable. I'm surprised that not many teams back away from him @ the top of the key because all he does is pass or kick and pass. Yes he can hit a shot or two but I would want him to shoot more shots instead of him passing it to the scoring threats.

1366406692_gary-coleman-sass.jpg

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Your opinion aint hurtin me....
Again its your opinion...

And Lamar Odom is pretty good company to be in... pre lakers, that guys all around game was nice, along with his athleticism...

The good thing for D. Green, he's not disappearing on the champs... and he's probably their second best defender, and their best front court defender...

I think he is their best defender for what he does but I just think his "offensive versatility" is a little bit overrated. I recently saw them against the Hawks and I think Green game was spotlighted when the entire team was playing well. When the Hawks were on a run in the 2nd half, he was playing scared. He didn't want to shoot at all and then when he did attempt a shot, he just didn't look comfortable. It was like you knew it was going to be off every time he attempted a shot.

Lately, he has been struggling @ the 3pt line so that might be a reason why he is 2nd guessing himself. However, if this continues, we will see teams like SA or OKC not respect Green as an outside shooter anymore and play those passing lanes.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I think he is their best defender for what he does but I just think his "offensive versatility" is a little bit overrated. I recently saw them against the Hawks and I think Green game was spotlighted when the entire team was playing well. When the Hawks were on a run in the 2nd half, he was playing scared. He didn't want to shoot at all and then when he did attempt a shot, he just didn't look comfortable. It was like you knew it was going to be off every time he attempted a shot.

Lately, he has been struggling @ the 3pt line so that might be a reason why he is 2nd guessing himself. However, if this continues, we will see teams like SA or OKC not respect Green as an outside shooter anymore and play those passing lanes.

if you don't make teams pay, then obviously they have a right to lay off... when they play small, he gets more room by default because the opposing team's big wants to protect the basket, so they can only play but so tight (allowing him to cut, use his ball handling gifts, and make jumpers, when on).... he's most effective when playing 5 because of this... to his credit, he doesn't becomes a detriment on the defensive end, which is pretty amazing for someone who is shorter than Ben Wallace, and not the athlete that Wallace was..

Green is a strong, skilled, savvy throwback, with limitations due to his height, and athleticism... I don't go by the narrative given to him by the news outlets (he's great! etc...) , I go by what I see on the court... the kid can ball, but he's not a great player by any means...

Where we differ, I think he would be an asset to any team in todays game... which is much different then the 80's, 90's, or even 2K's... where he would be solid because of his ability to stretch the floor, handle, and pass, but would be overwhelmed by the depth of great post players that existed...

Today's bigs are mostly pick and roll bigs...

Also, I don't see him disappear much... if the shot isn't falling, he rebounds, passes, or defends...
but of course all players have off nights (except curry :)

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

btw, welcome to the thread...
its always good to have fellow bball enthusiast speak on the sport...

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
JJ Hickson to the Wiz...
good pickup.... They have big depth problems..

Let the Joe Johnson to Cleveland rumors begin...

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
if you don't make teams pay, then obviously they have a right to lay off... when they play small, he gets more room by default because the opposing team's big wants to protect the basket, so they can only play but so tight (allowing him to cut, use his ball handling gifts, and make jumpers, when on).... he's most effective when playing 5 because of this... to his credit, he doesn't becomes a detriment on the defensive end, which is pretty amazing for someone who is shorter than Ben Wallace, and not the athlete that Wallace was..

Green is a strong, skilled, savvy throwback, with limitations due to his height, and athleticism... I don't go by the narrative given to him by the news outlets (he's great! etc...) , I go by what I see on the court... the kid can ball, but he's not a great player by any means...

Where we differ, I think he would be an asset to any team in todays game... which is much different then the 80's, 90's, or even 2K's... where he would be solid because of his ability to stretch the floor, handle, and pass, but would be overwhelmed by the depth of great post players that existed...

Today's bigs are mostly pick and roll bigs...

Also, I don't see him disappear much... if the shot isn't falling, he rebounds, passes, or defends...
but of course all players have off nights (except curry :)

I do agree on that he can be an asset to any team, just not a star like he is on the Warriors. Curry is just too great of a shooter to have off nights. Dude is just ridiculous. Might as well play a triangle defense and hope for the best.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I do agree on that he can be an asset to any team, just not a star like he is on the Warriors. Curry is just too great of a shooter to have off nights. Dude is just ridiculous. Might as well play a triangle defense and hope for the best.

Triangle and Boxes... hahah.. funny thing is, I remember teams running those defenses on him in college!

And again, I don't agree with the narrative that he's a "star".... but often stars are determined by personality as much a play... and he's unique, and have a leave it on the court, tough guy persona that tv likes..

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Triangle and Boxes... hahah.. funny thing is, I remember teams running those defenses on him in college!

And again, I don't agree with the narrative that he's a "star".... but often stars are determined by personality as much a play... and he's unique, and have a leave it on the court, tough guy persona that tv likes..

Yeah teams were doing that in College. I think many teams won't do that against the Warriors because they have all around very good shooters and doing that actually speeds up the tempo because most Triangle and Box zones leave an outside shooter open once the star passes it out.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Yeah teams were doing that in College. I think many teams won't do that against the Warriors because they have all around very good shooters and doing that actually speeds up the tempo because most Triangle and Box zones leave an outside shooter open once the star passes it out.

they'd murder those zones in the nba..lol