2015 College Football Thread

Rogah

Reaction score
Well, that Miami finish was messed up. I guess illegal blocks in the back are now reviewable. Also, I can help but laugh at how a Miami player (who was on the bench) ran about 15 yards onto the field - without a helmet - before the play was even finished.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Well, that Miami finish was messed up. I guess illegal blocks in the back are now reviewable. Also, I can help but laugh at how a Miami player (who was on the bench) ran about 15 yards onto the field - without a helmet - before the play was even finished.

from what I understand, they reviewed it amongst themselves and the ref picked up the flag, not that they reviewed it on instant replay, but I could be wrong. I hate both teams, but can't say I'm not laughing at Duke losing. I enjoyed it as a fan of football, that ending rarely happens and rarely without controversy.

Rogah

Reaction score
from what I understand, they reviewed it amongst themselves and the ref picked up the flag, not that they reviewed it on instant replay, but I could be wrong. I hate both teams, but can't say I'm not laughing at Duke losing. I enjoyed it as a fan of football, that ending rarely happens and rarely without controversy.
They spent 10 minutes reviewing the darn thing on instant replay, and then after that replay review, the flag was picked up.

I can't remember ever seeing a flag picked up after an instant replay review involving a penalty that is not subject to review.

I really don't care either way, just thought it was pretty seedy the way a non-reviewable penalty was picked up 10 minutes after the play ended, combined with the fact that they missed a Miami player running without his helmet on about 5 yards onto the field as the play was still ongoing.

Rogah

Reaction score
The refs wimped out. They decided they didn't want a penalty to decide the outcome of a game. However, by not throwing a flag on something that should have been one, they are deciding the outcome of the game that way.

Rogah

Reaction score
UPDATE: The officiating crew in the Miami game have been suspended for 2 games for missing about a half dozen penalties and the fact that one of the players was down.

It's like I said.... It's fine that refs don't want to decide the outcomes of games, but when you ignore blatant penalties, you are deciding the outcome of the game.

Meanwhile, here is what the Hurricanes twitter had to say....

Miami Hurricanes ‏@MiamiHurricanes 14m14 minutes ago

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
The 'canes were getting hosed all game with the flags. Although the Duke coach has a legit beef about the ending, he can't call for the outcome to change, because there could have been plenty of calls prior to that that could have changed the game.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Here is how the CFP Rankings' top 25 looks as of Nov. 3:

1. Clemson (8-0)
2. LSU (7-0)
3. Ohio State (8-0)
4. Alabama (7-1)
5. Notre Dame (7-1)
6. Baylor (7-0)
7. Michigan State (8-0)
8. TCU (8-0)
9. Iowa (8-0)
10. Florida (7-1)
11. Stanford (7-1)
12. Utah (7-1)
13. Memphis (8-0)
14. Oklahoma State (8-0)
15. Oklahoma (7-1)
16. Florida State (7-1)
17. Michigan (6-2)
18. Ole Miss (7-2)
19. Texas A&M (6-2)
20. Mississippi State (6-2)
21. Northwestern (6-2)
22. Temple (7-1)
23. UCLA (6-2)
24. Toledo (7-0)
25. Houston (8-0)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Here is how the CFP Rankings' top 25 looks as of Nov. 3:

1. Clemson (8-0)
2. LSU (7-0)
3. Ohio State (8-0)
4. Alabama (7-1)
5. Notre Dame (7-1)
6. Baylor (7-0)
7. Michigan State (8-0)
8. TCU (8-0)
9. Iowa (8-0)
10. Florida (7-1)
11. Stanford (7-1)
12. Utah (7-1)
13. Memphis (8-0)
14. Oklahoma State (8-0)
15. Oklahoma (7-1)
16. Florida State (7-1)
17. Michigan (6-2)
18. Ole Miss (7-2)
19. Texas A&M (6-2)
20. Mississippi State (6-2)
21. Northwestern (6-2)
22. Temple (7-1)
23. UCLA (6-2)
24. Toledo (7-0)
25. Houston (8-0)

Shows why this system is still BS. I don't hate Alabama, but the voters are so hot and bothered to get them in the playoff it's ridiculous. Notre Dame lost to #1 Clemson at Clemson. Bama lost to #18 Ole Miss at HOME... makes no sense...

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Shows why this system is still BS. I don't hate Alabama, but the voters are so hot and bothered to get them in the playoff it's ridiculous. Notre Dame lost to #1 Clemson at Clemson. Bama lost to #18 Ole Miss at HOME... makes no sense...

I don't understand how Florida is under Alabama honestly....

I would like to see an 8 team playoff:
5 power champions
3 Wildcard Teams (ND receives a spot if they are in the top 8)

This would give Teams like Boise, Temple, Memphis, Houston an outside shot, and if a power has two playoff quality teams, one is not left out in the cold.

I think playoff will expand soon, but it might make a pit stop at 6 before going to 8.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I don't understand how Florida is under Alabama honestly....

I would like to see an 8 team playoff:
5 power champions
3 Wildcard Teams (ND receives a spot if they are in the top 8)

This would give Teams like Boise, Temple, Memphis, Houston an outside shot, and if a power has two playoff quality teams, one is not left out in the cold.

I think playoff will expand soon, but it might make a pit stop at 6 before going to 8.
should be kept at 6 with the top 2 getting bye's. You go to 8 and almost every year there will be one or two teams that clearly do not belong. It is very rare that there are more than 2-3 really top teams a year anyway

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The current standings are complete garbage but as we saw last year they matter zero.
The same voters start over from zero each week including the only one that matters.

To me this should be very simple and require zero thought.
Rank the teams based up best record by highest strength of schedule.

Don't knock TCU but rate Ohio State who has a WORSE strength of schedule higher.
Be consistent for petes sake.

I am fine with Clemson at 1, even tho they have only beaten 1 top 25 team and that by 2 points. but I don't think they stay there.
Bama? Good lord man that team gets insane dispensations.
They might lose 2 games and make the final 4.
Completely overrated ALL the time.