2015 College Football Thread

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Well for my pro team I have to deal with Weeden...nuff said.

WVU I am dealing with a guy who actually likes to throw it down field multiple times a game. And there are times where he makes a pass so perfect that it
makes you drop your jaw in awe. He had a throw like this weekend where the the WR just had to hold his hands and the ball landed right into them for a TD.

The problem is...that perfect long ball, in stride or not, only comes about 1 in 7-10 times the throws the long ball. Normally it is too high, too long or too short and there are times I swear I think the kid is seeing demon ducks flying around and is trying to kill them because he throws some balls that make you wonder what in the heck he was seeing. He also almost always throws a high ball over the middle if it is over 15 yards and I don't know if it is because he is shorter (just about 6 foot) and tries to throw it over the ump or what he is doing but it is always high, which results in his WRs having to jump to try and catch it which usually leads to it bouncing off the WRs Hands and landing somewhere behind him....which was ok when we were playing smaller schools were their secondaries could not match up. However now that we are playing schools with good talent and or depth...those balls get caught by safeties sitting back just waiting for a gift from the girdiron gods.

Oh....man alive it sucks when both of your teams QBs are stinking it up. And this with our defense leading the nation in INTs.

Oh and WVU is like Dallas with the special teams or more precisely, the poor starting field position and of course the opposing team having great field position.

Watching the Cowboys without Romo/Dez even Dunbar makes me appreciate the Big 12. It's the little things like first downs and forward passes....
Unfortunately Dallas has big 12 safeties and SEC quarterbacks with Army/Navy WRs. The next Cowboys fan who insults Romo will catch a beating of epic proportions.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching the Cowboys without Romo/Dez even Dunbar makes me appreciate the Big 12. It's the little things like first downs and forward passes....
Unfortunately Dallas has big 12 safeties and SEC quarterbacks with Army/Navy WRs. The next Cowboys fan who insults Romo will catch a beating of epic proportions.

Thanks for inadvertently reminding me that WVU lost on of it's best players on Defense in Safety Karl Joseph for the rest of the year. He was leading the nation with 5 INTs but now is out for the rest of the year and since he was a senior, the rest of his college career.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Thanks for inadvertently reminding me that WVU lost on of it's best players on Defense in Safety Karl Joseph for the rest of the year. He was leading the nation with 5 INTs but now is out for the rest of the year and since he was a senior, the rest of his college career.

good news in that is perhaps he finds his way to the cowboys where he would immediately be their best safety.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Don't sleep on Michigan.... We will see where they stand after next weeks game against MSU...
They have the best defense int he Big 10....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Hey, WVU could have TCU's defensive loss issues.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, WVU could have TCU's defensive loss issues.

TCU has a competent offense and good QB to help overcome some of those issues.

We have a guy at QB that likes to throw it downfield but does not realize his downfield accuracy sucks

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

We have a guy at QB that likes to throw it downfield but does not realize his downfield accuracy sucks

Kid you guys had from FSU last year was fragile... but could sling it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Since went did Brandon Weeden start playing QB for WVU? :laugh:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kid you guys had from FSU last year was fragile... but could sling it.

Yeah he was fragile for sure. He is following his father's footsteps and has already gotten a coaching gig a some smaller JUCO type school.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Ol Ball Coach retires. Sarkisian forced leave of absence and then fired 24 hours later. Crazy week :)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ol Ball Coach retires. Sarkisian forced leave of absence and then fired 24 hours later. Crazy week :)

Don't forget that it comes out that Maryland basically Tells HC Randy Edsall that he will not be back next year.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Justin Fuente will be a great coach for whatever big-time program he goes to

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody cares, but I do! Go Coogs!

12115609_1136957076327617_3435856835145712737_n.jpg