2015 College Football Thread

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone needs to remind Texas that tanking the season will not get them the #1 draft pick...they are not in the NFL.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
how did tcu jump msu,.. them and baylor? crazy... big 12 is so overrated....

MSU dropped because they failed to even score 30 points AND almost got beat by unranked Purdue.

Stop hating on TCU. They (like the Cowboys) have been obliterated by injury (and other ways to lose players), yet are still 4-0. I believe they only had a single defensive starter against Texas Tech, yet somehow they still managed to win that game given how huge the losses on defense have been. Then they walk in and spank Texas (which isn't too hard), but they still did it in grand style with a 50-7 score which is substantially better than Michigan St's showing against Purdue.

The Baylor games should be fun. o_O

The SEC SUCKS!

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
MSU dropped because they failed to even score 30 points AND almost got beat by unranked Purdue.

Stop hating on TCU. They (like the Cowboys) have been obliterated by injury (and other ways to lose players), yet are still 4-0. I believe they only had a single defensive starter against Texas Tech, yet somehow they still managed to win that game given how huge the losses on defense have been. Then they walk in and spank Texas (which isn't too hard), but they still did it in grand style with a 50-7 score which is substantially better than Michigan St's showing against Purdue.

The Baylor games should be fun. o_O

The SEC SUCKS!

Hating... ( I don't even know what that means)... I've watched them, they haven't beaten anyone, so I don't see how they jump a team who is also undefeated, and was ranked ahead of them.....(although the Oregon win loses luster every week) I truly believe pollsters are impressed by 50, & 60 point games... but if you look at TCU schedule when they played a team that doesn't play arena football, the score was a pedestrian 23-17 victory.. a big ten team... Minnesota, an average Big Ten at that.... so I'm sorry if I don't agree.... I feel the conference is overrated.. fun, but overrated.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hating... ( I don't even know what that means)... I've watched them, they haven't beaten anyone, so I don't see how they jump a team who is also undefeated, and was ranked ahead of them.....(although the Oregon win loses luster every week) I truly believe pollsters are impressed by 50, & 60 point games... but if you look at TCU schedule when they played a team that doesn't play arena football, the score was a pedestrian 23-17 victory.. a big ten team... Minnesota, an average Big Ten at that.... so I'm sorry if I don't agree.... I feel the conference is overrated.. fun, but overrated.

Actually TCU has requested all the top teams to play them. They ALL declined because their a bunch of ****ies. Wonder why that is? Probably because they've been deathly afraid of TCU's defense. (should have taken it this year since they are decimated on defense)

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Actually TCU has requested all the top teams to play them. They ALL declined because their a bunch of ****ies. Wonder why that is? Probably because they've been deathly afraid of TCU's defense. (should have taken it this year since they are decimated on defense)

Even if that's true.....
Still doesn't change my opinion about this year. they have a chance to prove themselves....as does most teams....
I still don't think they should have jumped MSU.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Even if that's true.....
Still doesn't change my opinion about this year. they have a chance to prove themselves....as does most teams....
I still don't think they should have jumped MSU.

All of Michigan sucks. TCU is from Texas, therefore TCU should be #1. Not #2. The Buckeyes have had nothing but trouble in all of their games? Why in hell are they #1? :D

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
All of Michigan sucks. TCU is from Texas, therefore TCU should be #1. Not #2. The Buckeyes have had nothing but trouble in all of their games? Why in hell are they #1? :D

declare your loyalty... I understand...
thats why we have a mini playoffs... lets just hope it expands to 6-8 teams soon, with all power 5 conference winners, and wildcards.
than no questions will be left ever....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
declare your loyalty... I understand...
thats why we have a mini playoffs... lets just hope it expands to 6-8 teams soon, with all power 5 conference winners, and wildcards.
than no questions will be left ever....

TCU. Live it, learn it. :)

Rogah

Reaction score
Michigan State got propelled to #2 based primarily on their impressive victory over #7 Oregon (I know it didn't happen that first poll after the Oregon-MSU game, but it was still a very bright feather in their cap).

One little problem has arisen: That Oregon victory is nowhere near as impressive as it was thought at the time. The Ducks lost by 42 at home to Utah.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Someone needs to remind Texas that tanking the season will not get them the #1 draft pick...they are not in the NFL.

Some things floating around here... if Chip busts in Philly, the door may open here...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some things floating around here... if Chip busts in Philly, the door may open here...

They lost out on Saban...and I know Saban denies it but I think there was interest there.

Might as well go after a good College coach if they are available. They could offer enough money....I don't know if Chip's ego will let him go yet though.

trickblue

Reaction score
They lost out on Saban...and I know Saban denies it but I think there was interest there.

Might as well go after a good College coach if they are available. They could offer enough money....I don't know if Chip's ego will let him go yet though.

Saban did... and his ego is probably bigger than Chipper's...

I think most of the really good college coaches get frustrated with the pro player attitude. Not many make it in the NFL on a long term basis...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saban did... and his ego is probably bigger than Chipper's...

I think most of the really good college coaches get frustrated with the pro player attitude. Not many make it in the NFL on a long term basis...

The problem I think is that any Head Coach knows there is gonna be a Problem working with Texas...I don't think any HC can just go there and be a HC. I think Texas is one of those few Universities where it is much bigger than being the HC and recruiter. I have seen some things were some of the young players are criticizing some of the older players one twitter.

I know Strong does not like the social media as no coach would any internal strife or dirty laundry being aired but at the same time I think some of the younger guys he may have recruited are showing the strong attitude of being players that are serious and not just there for a free ride or used to the old texas way that has got them the type of soft players that have hurt them the last few years.

In other words, it might take a few years to change the culture of the Athletic Department, boosters and more importantly the type of players that come to texas and change it from being perceived as soft player who are too coddled and babied.

With that said...I doubt Charlie stays as he is a reminder of the last AD and I am sure whoever the new Perm AD will be will want a say of his own.

trickblue

Reaction score
The problem I think is that any Head Coach knows there is gonna be a Problem working with Texas...I don't think any HC can just go there and be a HC. I think Texas is one of those few Universities where it is much bigger than being the HC and recruiter. I have seen some things were some of the young players are criticizing some of the older players one twitter.

I know Strong does not like the social media as no coach would any internal strife or dirty laundry being aired but at the same time I think some of the younger guys he may have recruited are showing the strong attitude of being players that are serious and not just there for a free ride or used to the old texas way that has got them the type of soft players that have hurt them the last few years.

In other words, it might take a few years to change the culture of the Athletic Department, boosters and more importantly the type of players that come to texas and change it from being perceived as soft player who are too coddled and babied.

With that said...I doubt Charlie stays as he is a reminder of the last AD and I am sure whoever the new Perm AD will be will want a say of his own.

It's a tough place to coach... no doubt...

The University didn't even pay Patterson's remaining contract... football boosters did... and they like the royal treatment...

joseephuss

Reaction score

From what I understand Texas would still owe Strong $15 million if they let him go after the season.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

The Big 12 is a mixed bag but they have wins over multiple SEC and B1G teams on the road.
OSU has looked horrendous weekly and QB play has been abysmal.
MSU has been pretty spare aside from beating an Oregon team that likely ends up unranked.

Doesn't really matter. If OSU or MSU win out and if Baylor or TCU they will make the final 4.

Agree that we should see 8 teams but it is better than 2.