2016 MLB Season Thread

phildadon86

Reaction score
Andrus clearly landed a clean shot. Trying to find to post.

Oh really? I didnt actually see that. Thanks for pointing it out. At the end of the day im confused as to why Donaldson and Pillar didnt get a suspension. Actually they deserved one more then Jose in my opinion. It was my understanding though from listening to the media here in Toronto that he got the 1 game because of the fight, had there not been a fight there wouldnt have been anything. Because he may have slid dirty but the play was dealt with on the field with the automatic double play. Personally i think Him Donaldson and Pillar should have gotten suspensions. Along with the Blue Jays bullpen backcatcher. At the end of the day im happy this is all over, and look forward to a good season the rest of the way. For both of our teams. Gonna make for great playoff baseball.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Outside of Toronto. That is EXACTLY how he will be remembered. Remember Robin Ventura? Yeah, the dude that got his *** whipped by Nolan Ryan.

No. I'm. Pretty sure he'll be remembered for being one of the best power hitters in the game. Please stop.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
No. I'm. Pretty sure he'll be remembered for being one of the best power hitters in the game. Please stop.

No, he will be the one that got ***** slapped by a dude that is like 5'10 170lbs.

rofl-walking-600x419.jpg

Vero_F250

Reaction score

You can't tell me (homerism aside) that any time his name is brought up now people won't think of the time Odor jacked him up. Think ahead to if they meet in the playoffs. How many times you think they will show that punch? It's forever engrained in people's minds and that's where their mind will take them when his name is mentioned. Social media and televisions have a way of influencing people that way.

And Bautista is 35 and is ranked 144 on the HR list. He can smash a HR, I'll give him that, but one of the best power hitters? I ask sincerely, can you stop?

phildadon86

Reaction score
You can't tell me (homerism aside) that any time his name is brought up now people won't think of the time Odor jacked him up. Think ahead to if they meet in the playoffs. How many times you think they will show that punch? It's forever engrained in people's minds and that's where their mind will take them when his name is mentioned. Social media and televisions have a way of influencing people that way.

And Bautista is 35 and is ranked 144 on the HR list. He can smash a HR, I'll give him that, but one of the best power hitters? I ask sincerely, can you stop?

In the past decade who's hit more? I agree that punch will definitely over shadow his career. I doubt that's all he will ever be remembered for. In all honesty the bat flip and the punch will probably be it. It's a shame. The worst part is I'm sitting here trying to defend an arrogant prick who's most likely leaving Toronto at the end of the season anyways. Gotta love being a fan.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Last edited:

Vero_F250

Reaction score
In the past decade who's hit more? I agree that punch will definitely over shadow his career. I doubt that's all he will ever be remembered for. In all honesty the bat flip and the punch will probably be it. It's a shame. The worst part is I'm sitting here trying to defend an arrogant prick who's most likely leaving Toronto at the end of the season anyways. Gotta love being a fan.

Just a few who have the past decade:

Fielder
Beltran
Ortiz
Cabrera
Howard
Pujols

So again, even when you try to manipulate the years to boost him he isn't one of the best power hitters...not in the past decade and not close to ever.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Just a few who have the past decade:

Fielder
Beltran
Ortiz
Cabrera
Howard
Pujols

So again, even when you try to manipulate the years to boost him he isn't one of the best power hitters...not in the past decade and not close to ever.

Well then im mistaken. At the end of the day. I dont really care. Hes leaving Toronto at seasons end. You guys are bashing a hero in my country, you do realize that right? Im just doing what you guys would do if i did the same.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Well then im mistaken. At the end of the day. I dont really care. Hes leaving Toronto at seasons end. You guys are bashing a hero in my country, you do realize that right? Im just doing what you guys would do if i did the same.

I get you wanna defend your guy. I posted a while back on this topic that it was odd you came into a mostly Texas Ranger fan discussion saying how funny it was we were cheering our hero and there was no place for it. I certainly wouldn't go into a Blue Jay discussion and attempt to defend Odor. That's just me though. Best of luck, hope this can finally be put to rest.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

The dude is Dominican, not Canadian. He just plays in Canada. He is a douchebag, something he has in common with a Canadian named Justin Bieber.

Look, I used to be a HUGE fan of Juan Gonzalez, but you know what. He became a ****** too and I dropped him. Sometimes you need to do the right thing and drop a douchebag like you drop a duce. :)

phildadon86

Reaction score
The dude is Dominican, not Canadian. He just plays in Canada. He is a douchebag, something he has in common with a Canadian named Justin Bieber.

Look, I used to be a HUGE fan of Juan Gonzalez, but you know what. He became a ****** too and I dropped him. Sometimes you need to do the right thing and drop a douchebag like you drop a duce. :)

Hahaha well said. And i know he isnt Canadian haha. When he leaves the Jays, i have no issue dropping him. Until then, i gotta support my guy. I will tell you right now. He aint Demarcus Ware who i will always support. lol

phildadon86

Reaction score

Did you really have to bring the Biebz into it bro? Thats a low blow.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I get you wanna defend your guy. I posted a while back on this topic that it was odd you came into a mostly Texas Ranger fan discussion saying how funny it was we were cheering our hero and there was no place for it. I certainly wouldn't go into a Blue Jay discussion and attempt to defend Odor. That's just me though. Best of luck, hope this can finally be put to rest.

I put it rest a long time ago. I just enjoy the banter. I knew what i was getting into. Good conversation guys. Now, lets move on and discuss baseball as a sport, and not the dbags that play the game :)