2017-18 NBA Season

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Bulls jerseys look like the Clippers and the Lakers are wearing those nasty black ones.

Horrid!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Bulls jerseys look like the Clippers and the Lakers are wearing those nasty black ones.

Horrid!

Kobe helped on design for those black jerseys. They are cool to me. Lakers win. Can't wait to see the team once Lonzo comes back.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man that Boogie injury really blows. I wonder how this will effect his FA. Still think he stays in NOLA

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Sucks for him, in a contract year. As a Laker fan, sucks for us we maybe had a shot at him (who knows how viable). Oh well.
Does suck for boogie, hopefully his recovery will go well. Who knows, the Lakers might be better off without him.

Lakers have been winning more games lately, will see if they can keep it going.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Does suck for boogie, hopefully his recovery will go well. Who knows, the Lakers might be better off without him.

Lakers have been winning more games lately, will see if they can keep it going.

Well as for Free Agency, sounds like Paul George might resign in OKC. Lebron, doubt he comes to the Lakers if we don't add another high profile free agent. Cousins, now has to recover from an injury. He is an unknown. If Julius Randle continues his upswing in play, I hope Lakers resign him.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Well as for Free Agency, sounds like Paul George might resign in OKC. Lebron, doubt he comes to the Lakers if we don't add another high profile free agent. Cousins, now has to recover from an injury. He is an unknown. If Julius Randle continue his upswing in play, I hope Lakers resign him.
I also like that Randle has stepped it up. The Lakers started this little cluster of wins when Randle was put into the starting line up couple weeks ago. Hopefully Lonzo will not interrupt the winning when he returns.

If Ingram could improve his mid/long range jumper the Lakers would win a lot more games.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Celtics vs Warriors
Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018 • 8:30 PM ET
ORACLE Arena • Oakland, CA
National: ABC
Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub, 95.7 The Game
----

I don't usually watch NBA games that the Lakers aren't playing in. Hoping this is going to be a good one.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great game tonight. I haven't seen an efficient performance like Currys in a while.

I almost lost my mind when Rozier hit that shot

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Great game tonight. I haven't seen an efficient performance like Currys in a while.

I almost lost my mind when Rozier hit that shot

Great game.

Celts need more from the slumping Tatum right now. we

Irving once again shows he doesn't wilt on the brightest stage; awesome performance e by him.

Refs once again made a ton of horrible calls on both sides.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great game.

Celts need more from the slumping Tatum right now.

Irving once again shows he how he doesn't blink on the brightest stage; awesome performance e by him.

Refs once again made a ton of horrible calls on both sides.
Im hoping Tatum hasnt hit the wall. He did have a big game VS the Clips but he has been slumping the past few weeks. But that game was also with Horford out where he had to take more shots and generally be more agressive.

That was a great duel by Curry/Irving. Both players had ridiculous efficiency

A nugget I caught from JVG in broadcast was how the NBA has been hit hard by retirements and defections to NCAA from the refs. Seems the NBA are very green, and I have noticed alot of non contact contact fouls this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics played a great 1st QT, i thought they were going to win.
They did, but I didn't feel it. Curry was keeping pace with them, and I knew we couldn't outscore them with our second team. Our first and second team can play with them defensively, but our second team is sorely lacking in terms of consistent offense.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers vs Raptors
Sunday, Jan. 28, 2018 • 6:00 PM ET
Air Canada Centre • Toronto, ON
Local: SpecSN/D, TSN4/5, SpecSN/D
Radio: 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES, TSN Radio 1050 Toronto
----

Lakers need to keep the wins going. Raptors 32-15, i'm guessing they are pretty good.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Im hoping Tatum hasnt hit the wall. He did have a big game VS the Clips but he has been slumping the past few weeks. But that game was also with Horford out where he had to take more shots and generally be more agressive.

That was a great duel by Curry/Irving. Both players had ridiculous efficiency

A nugget I caught from JVG in broadcast was how the NBA has been hit hard by retirements and defections to NCAA from the refs. Seems the NBA are very green, and I have noticed alot of non contact contact fouls this year.

Yeah, there were at least two non-contact fouls that were egregious.

In fairness, the criticism of the refs is a bit hallow when players whine about every call. Iggy was acting dumbfounded on a foul call made against. They show the replay and he clearly slapped Tatum’s elbow.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, there were at least two non-contact fouls that were egregious.

In fairness, the criticism of the refs is a bit hallow when players whine about every call. Iggy was acting dumbfounded on a foul call made against. They show the replay and he clearly slapped Tatum’s elbow.
I thinks the big issue in that memo that was sent out. Alot of players arguing over obvious calls. There are very real issues with refereeing right now, but doing that really cheapens the issue

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With Smart out the next two, its going to be a big 2 weeks for Terry Rozier. I expect we will see Rozier getting roughly 30 minutes a game for the next weeks. Rozier's athleticism and aggressivnes have really started to show this year, particularly on the drive where he has been able to get to the cup at will. However he has had his issues finishing.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I didn't see the whole game but the Lakers look cold. The hustle seems there, they just can't get anything going really. 7min left in 4th QT down by 22 might be time to put the bench in and call this one a lose. Lakers need to shake it off and get back to winning soon. Hope Randle is ok.