2017-18 NBA Season

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Soon as i said something the Lakers cut it to 12 but it's a little too late i think. Two minutes and change left.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics reportedly are looking into a Tyreek Evans trade. I think this works for them on many levels.

1) He fits their need of need of someone to add fire power to their 2nd unit. Evans fits that to a T as a scorer, handler and facilitator.

2) At 3.5 million Boston can likely salary match leaving DPE for buyout season. It would require Grizzlies wanting players back, but Boston has a couple rookie scale guys out of the rotation a rebuilding team could use. This would allow us to pursue a player like Greg Monroe if they are bought out. If we can add Evans and Monroe to the 2nd, that could put some space between us and the rest of the East

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Celtics reportedly are looking into a Tyreek Evans trade. I think this works for them on many levels.

1) He fits their need of need of someone to add fire power to their 2nd unit. Evans fits that to a T as a scorer, handler and facilitator.

2) At 3.5 million Boston can likely salary match leaving DPE for buyout season. It would require Grizzlies wanting players back, but Boston has a couple rookie scale guys out of the rotation a rebuilding team could use. This would allow us to pursue a player like Greg Monroe if they are bought out. If we can add Evans and Monroe to the 2nd, that could put some space between us and the rest of the East

Danny Ainge if he wants a title, should go all in. You guys have tons of draft picks. The Warriors can be beaten if you guys add the pieces. Depends on how much Danny values wanting to win. Knowing Magic, he will do what it takes to get to that next step. This offseason for the Lakers will be critical. I want to see the Lakers/Celtics back in the heyday of great teams once again.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Danny Ainge if he wants a title, should go all in. You guys have tons of draft picks. The Warriors can be beaten if you guys add the pieces. Depends on how much Danny values wanting to win. Knowing Magic, he will do what it takes to get to that next step. This offseason for the Lakers will be critical. I want to see the Lakers/Celtics back in the heyday of great teams once again.
I dont see a major move for a while. They probably arent going to look to make a move on someone until Giannis, Porzingis or Davis hit the block. All of that is unlikely until probably next offseason. Its hard for them to make a move now for a max contract player because they dont have 3 maxes and wont be able to make a move without including Horford as a salary match.

I dont think a move is really needed for them to be a legit contender. I think next season with Hayward back at 100% and furthure development from Tatum and Brown they are a legit threat to GS.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I dont see a major move for a while. They probably arent going to look to make a move on someone until Giannis, Porzingis or Davis hit the block. All of that is unlikely until probably next offseason. Its hard for them to make a move now for a max contract player because they dont have 3 maxes and wont be able to make a move without including Horford as a salary match.

I dont think a move is really needed for them to be a legit contender. I think next season with Hayward back at 100% and furthure development from Tatum and Brown they are a legit threat to GS.

This season if you guys add sone quality pieces to the bench, you can possibly be a threat to GS. That's why I mentioned Danny Ainge should go all in (with all the draft picks at hand).

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This season if you guys add sone quality pieces to the bench, you can possibly be a threat to GS. That's why I mentioned Danny Ainge should go all in (with all the draft picks at hand).
I could see him possible dealing a late first for Evans. If they can salary match ( wont be tough) they would still have a 9 million dollar expection to use either in another trade or more likely after the deadline when someone is bought out. Hard to say who that would be, but Greg Monroe is my best guess.

Hayward also might be able to play come playoff time. Im not counting on that, but I think adding Evans and especially Evans and Monroe distances us from the rest of the East

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I could see him possible dealing a late first for Evans. If they can salary match ( wont be tough) they would still have a 9 million dollar expection to use either in another trade or more likely after the deadline when someone is bought out. Hard to say who that would be, but Greg Monroe is my best guess.

Hayward also might be able to play come playoff time. Im not counting on that, but I think adding Evans and especially Evans and Monroe distances us from the rest of the East

Those 2 moves would be great. But I'm thinking you guys might need another legit 3pt shooter if you face the Warriors in the finals. Don't know who'd be available via trade. If Hayward can make it back for the playoffs, then that need you may not need (adding 3pt shooter).

icup

Reaction score

blake to DET

bradley + others giong to LA

bradley reunited with doc

ksg811

Reaction score

Anybody that gets bought out wouldn't need the DPE. A guy like Monroe could easily be had with the vet minimum, saving the DPE for an impact guy via trade. You're logic is backwards, in my opinion.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anybody that gets bought out wouldn't need the DPE. A guy like Monroe could easily be had with the vet minimum, saving the DPE for an impact guy via trade. You're logic is backwards, in my opinion.
DPE allows them to outbid any other contender. They wouldn't have to use the whole 9 million, just more than what other teams are able to pay

ksg811

Reaction score
DPE allows them to outbid any other contender. They wouldn't have to use the whole 9 million, just more than what other teams are able to pay

Right, I get that, but a guy like Greg Monroe is a dime a dozen come buyout season. You're also competing against other over the cap teams who can also only offer the vet minimum. A guy like Greg Monroe isn't worried about the extra couple million dollars, he wants a ring, and that is what will be the deciding factor. This also isn't including the opportunity cost of trading young players and losing that potential future impact.

Saving the DPE for buyout season is a waste, in my opinion. We just have a difference of opinion I guess.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Right, I get that, but a guy like Greg Monroe is a dime a dozen come buyout season. You're also competing against other over the cap teams who can also only offer the vet minimum. A guy like Greg Monroe isn't worried about the extra couple million dollars, he wants a ring, and that is what will be the deciding factor. This also isn't including the opportunity cost of trading young players and losing that potential future impact.

Saving the DPE for buyout season is a waste, in my opinion. We just have a difference of opinion I guess.
Either way, I think using it wisely is critical to our season. We really need a reliable scorer on that second team

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That I agree with 100%. My targets are Tyreke Evans, Will Barton, and Lou Williams.
Im wondering what the cost of Lou Williams is right now. Not quite as skilled overall as Evans, but he knows how to play that microwave role. Alot more on rhe other end you can do with Evans, but what are you valuing most. Right now I think I would favor Evans, but I wouldnr have any problem with Williams

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kevin Love out 6 to 8 weeks with a hand fracture amd Cavs lose to an undermanned Pistons team coming off an 8 game losing streak.

This just has to be rock bottom. But I said that last week

John813

Reaction score
Kevin Love out 6 to 8 weeks with a hand fracture amd Cavs lose to an undermanned Pistons team coming off an 8 game losing streak.

This just has to be rock bottom. But I said that last week

Hopefully they can still get worse.
Nothing against LBJ, still don't like Dan Gilbert.