2017-18 NBA Season

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The Magic slapped the Lakers around the other night, it was a horrible showing by the Lakers. I'm hoping the Lakers get back to winning some more games starting tonight.

Lakers vs Nets
Friday, Feb. 2, 2018 • 7:30 PM ET
Barclays Center • Brooklyn, NY
Local: SpecSN/D, YES, SpecSN/D
Radio: 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES, WFAN

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics add Greg Monroe. They had reported interest in Evans, but Im not sure of they still do after signing Monroe or not

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bulls trade Mirotic, who wanted out.

Its actually a nice add for the Pelicans. Obviously, he is not the talent of Cousins. But he can provide spacing and create his own shot.

For the Bulls, it was all about facilitating that request and getting a 1st round pick. Also, it helps push their own first rounder higher.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bulls trade Mirotic, who wanted out.

Its actually a nice add for the Pelicans. Obviously, he is not the talent of Cousins. But he can provide spacing and create his own shot.

For the Bulls, it was all about facilitating that request and getting a 1st round pick. Also, it helps push their own first rounder higher.
They may still make the playoffs in the West.

Good deal for Chicago for the reasons stated. Trade could wind up being the difference between them getting an elite talent in the draft as oposed to missing out

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rozier going off the last two games minus Kyrie. Triple double VS the Knicks and 31 VS the Hawks tonight

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Ugly game but the Lakers win. Lakers got to keep winning more games. Got to finish the season with at least 35 wins.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers vs Thunder
Sunday, Feb. 4, 2018 • 2:00 PM ET
Chesapeake Energy Arena • Oklahoma City, OK
National: ABC
Radio: 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES, WWLS 98.1FM OKC

Lakers will probably lose but it would be nice to steal a win here. Lakers need to go 500 in the last 30 games to get 35 wins for the season which was my mark early this season. Lakers can't finish in the 20 wins column, they been there for years now, need to get 30 something wins this season and move forward even if only slightly. Got to get out of the gutter now.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rumor is Celtics are willing to move Smart now for a 1st.

Will be interesting to see if a WC contender looks at that.

For us I don't if its because of Roziers development, the mysterious hand injury, or both. Celtics also have been linked to Evans and now Lou Williams and it would be a real challenge subbing them all in during the playoffs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ugly game but the Lakers win. Lakers got to keep winning more games. Got to finish the season with at least 35 wins.
Ive given up on getting the Lakers pick this year. We get it if its 2-5. If not we get the Kings pick next year

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Rumor is Celtics are willing to move Smart now for a 1st.

Will be interesting to see if a WC contender looks at that.

For us I don't if its because of Roziers development, the mysterious hand injury, or both. Celtics also have been linked to Evans and now Lou Williams and it would be a real challenge subbing them all in during the playoffs.

IMO, no one's giving up a 1st in the upcoming draft for a career .358% FG shooter. And worse at 3 with a career .293%.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IMO, no one's giving up a 1st in the upcoming draft for a career .358% FG shooter. And worse at 3 with a career .293%.
I think it would more likely be in a future draft than in 2018

I think its doubtful anyone will bite. Only way I can see us getting a first is if a WC team is willing to give up a late first for a perimeter defender that will have them match up with GS's offense. Smart has played very well defensively VS GS. If we make a trade for Smart, I think it would be to a team like OKC. Teams like that are probably our best bet to get value for him. But I dont know if they will be able to get a first or equivalent.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Ive given up on getting the Lakers pick this year. We get it if its 2-5. If not we get the Kings pick next year
Never know. Lakers could go cold, but as a Laker fan it would be very depressing to see 20 something wins again.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Never know. Lakers could go cold, but as a Laker fan it would be very depressing to see 20 something wins again.
If that pick winds up conveying this year, its more likely to be beacuse we got lucky in the lottery as opposed to you guys finishing in the bottom 5.

Trading off Clarkson, Randle and Nance for space and future assets might help our cause though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Amazing finish in the Celtics/Portland game. Didnt like there odds in a clutch situation VS. Dame without Kyrie, but Horford came through with the big shot

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers up 3, end of the 1st. Physical game so far, i expect it to get nasty, there might be blood.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers win!

Proud of this Laker team. They run and they fight for every possession. Now they just need to make FT's!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I know it's gonna piss Porzingis off, but the Knocks desperately need to be sellers at the trade deadline. They won't make the playoffs, even if they do rally, we're looking at a first round exit, likely getting swept by Boston. We have assets that teams want. Golden State is rumored to want Kyle O'Quinn, deal him for a first. Obviously it will be the 30th pick, possibly 29th with a slight chance of being 28th, but we're going to lose Kyle O'Quinn for nothing this offseason. That opens up minutes for Hernangomez, however, the Spurs are rumored to want him. I'm not as inclined to deal him, but considering I don't think him and Porzingis are a good pairing on the court, I'd deal him as well for a first. Serious consideration also needs to be given to dealing Courtney Lee. He's having a very good season, and some contenders will be interested, if we could get a late first for him, we should, otherwise keep.