Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cavs lose to Nets

Cavs may not even get a lotto pick for Kyrie. Nets sitting at 3-2 now

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
David Griffin had some interesting things to say about former #1 pick Anthony Bennett.

KAT and Wiggins are trash as defenders. Has to be driving Thibs nuts. The Wolves are going to be in a tough position here shortly. Wiggins isn't taking another step forward, and he's already got a max extension. KAT will get one and he's not develop into a two way player. And Butler will be up for extension. That is a lot of cap space going to be tied up for a team that will finish at best around .500 in the foreseeable future. Granted, Wiggins and KAT could develop further which changes things.... But I'm skeptical.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
So the clippers lose paul, crawford, and redick in the offseason...the spurs have no kawhi or parker to start the season.....other teams made huge splashes, but these 2 are the only unbeatens. I know the season is very young, but, I doubt anyone would have picked the clips and spurs as the last 2 unbeatens, especially under the circumstances.

This just might be one wild, crazy regular season.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cavs may not even get a lotto pick for Kyrie. Nets sitting at 3-2 now

And the Knicks have sole possession of last place.

Please, let this hold...

Of course, this will be the year that the team with the worst record, falls to pick #4. Happened to us in 2014, tied for the worst record with Minnesota, they get the #1 pick, we fall to #4. Worked out well in a way. While I'd rather have Karl Anthony Towns, I doubt we would have taken Porzingis at #2 or #3, so falling to #4 helped.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And the Knicks have sole possession of last place.

Please, let this hold...

Of course, this will be the year that the team with the worst record, falls to pick #4. Happened to us in 2014, tied for the worst record with Minnesota, they get the #1 pick, we fall to #4. Worked out well in a way. While I'd rather have Karl Anthony Towns, I doubt we would have taken Porzingis at #2 or #3, so falling to #4 helped.
Top 4 gets a solid franchise guy IMO

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So the clippers lose paul, crawford, and redick in the offseason...the spurs have no kawhi or parker to start the season.....other teams made huge splashes, but these 2 are the only unbeatens. I know the season is very young, but, I doubt anyone would have picked the clips and spurs as the last 2 unbeatens, especially under the circumstances.

This just might be one wild, crazy regular season.
The Spurs are just legit good and the Clippers are not taken seriously by other teams anymore so they don't get their best game. This will not last long with teams under estimating the Clippers.

The Spurs will pound the world chumps Nov 2... Warriors @ Spurs... Go Spurs Go!!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The Spurs are just legit good and the Clippers are not taken seriously by other teams anymore so they don't get their best game. This will not last long with teams under estimating the Clippers.

The Spurs will pound the world chumps Nov 2... Warriors @ Spurs... Go Spurs Go!!
I heard on good authority that Popavich has forgotten how to coach

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe, but for once I want the basketball gods to smile on us. Probably since 85', we have stayed the same or moved down in the lottery. Oh omniscient and omnipotent ping pong balls, hear my cry, answer my prayers...
Porter would look real good with Porzingis

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Maybe, but for once I want the basketball gods to smile on us. Probably since 85', we have stayed the same or moved down in the lottery. Oh omniscient and omnipotent ping pong balls, hear my cry, answer my prayers...
As long as ownership keeps giving the basketball gods the middle finger it isnt gonna happen....your best chance was under riley and jvg, but they couldnt quite finish the job.

Just imagine if the knicks would have drafted and kept lebron.....

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
As long as ownership keeps giving the basketball gods the middle finger it isnt gonna happen....your best chance was under riley and jvg, but they couldnt quite finish the job.

Just imagine if the knicks would have drafted and kept lebron.....

You know, if the Clippers can have success under Donald Sterling, I don't see why NY can't under Dolan. We may never win a championship with him, but how I would enjoy relevant basketball after May...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Knicks are up 20 in the 4th...

They can't even tank right.

At least I'll have some good Porzingis highlights to look forward to.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Donnie Nelson wanted to draft Giannis, but Cuban nixed it and the Mavs traded down and saved less than 1 million dollars to save more cap space for Dwight Howard who never came.
If it's any consolation, it was us you guys traded up with and we took Kelly Olynyk over Giannis

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
At least Olynyk was a decent player for a few years, we drafted Shane Larkin. But yeah anyone who didn't draft Giannis there missed out.

Oh and you guys got us to take Rondo for a first round pick.

At least it seems like Mavs have something with Dennis Smith Jr

I like the Celtics though, I hope they come out of the East.

Rondo trade effect: Celtics got Brandon Wright who they turned into Isaiah Thomas who turned into Kyrie Irving along with Wright they got Jae Crowder who helped land Kyrie.

So I think it's fair to say that idiotic Rondo trade the Mavs made helped the Celtics get Kyrie.

Last edited:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
You know, if the Clippers can have success under Donald Sterling, I don't see why NY can't under Dolan. We may never win a championship with him, but how I would enjoy relevant basketball after May...
Dolan runs the knicks like the cleveland owner runs the browns......basically drunk and blindfolded while throwing darts at an option board.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At least Olynyk was a decent player for a few years, we drafted Shane Larkin. But yeah anyone who didn't draft Giannis there missed out.

Oh and you guys got us to take Rondo for a first round pick.

At least it seems like Mavs have something with Dennis Smith Jr

I like the Celtics though, I hope they come out of the East.

Rondo trade effect: Celtics got Brandon Wright who they turned into Isaiah Thomas who turned into Kyrie Irving along with Wright they got Jae Crowder who helped land Kyrie.

So I think it's fair to say that idiotic Rondo trade the Mavs made helped the Celtics get Kyrie.
Larkin is in our rotation now. Had a decent game against the 76ers, but he looks like he will be one of those guys that shows up once every 10 games or so.

DSJ can be a legit franchise player IMO. You guys hit big with Barnes as well, if you can get another comerstone in this draft I think you guys are in good shape going forward

I wouldnt be shocked to see sign and trades with Smart and Noel in the offseason. We have pursued Noel before so there has been interest and we need defense and a rebounding big. With Rozier stepping up, I dont know if we will pay a second contract rate for Smart to be the third guard, especially if Jaylen steps up defensively. Smart would fit in real well with DSJ and Curry in the backcourt. He has some upside offensively and age wise he bridges a gap between DJS, whomever you draft next year and Barnes

Last edited: