2017-18 NBA Season

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Dolan runs the knicks like the cleveland owner runs the browns......basically drunk and blindfolded while throwing darts at an option board.

But unlike in football, no team that consistently picks #1- #3 is going to be bad. Typically there isn't as much of an unkown when it comes to top prospects. Again, I'm not expecting Dolan to build a team that is on top for several decades like the Spurs, but a few good seasons before his idiocy causes everything to implode will be nice.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
But unlike in football, no team that consistently picks #1- #3 is going to be bad. Typically there isn't as much of an unkown when it comes to top prospects. Again, I'm not expecting Dolan to build a team that is on top for several decades like the Spurs, but a few good seasons before his idiocy causes everything to implode will be nice.
It amazes me how some of these owners became filthy rich, but have no sound plan with running a franchise.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Dunn got his first action of the season coming back from injury.

Defensively, he's sharp. Offensively, his handle was loose and wasn't finishing at the basket well. These are things that have plagued him in his career. I'm not optimistic he's anything more than a backup combo guard. He does seem to have better vision than Grant. Would like to see him paired with Markkanen. Grant can't find him to save his life.

Doncic would look nice, offensively, with Markkanen.

Watching 76ers and Mavs now to see Simmons.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Every time I look up and down the Heat roster I think they are a crap team, every time I watch them play I come away impressed with how scrappy they are.

Tatum is a beast and Irving is one hell of a closer though. Once the Heat got to within 2 with 3 minutes left, I just thought " Its ok, Kyrie will put them away"

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
[sarcasm]Way to go Knicks![/sarcasm]

Joking aside, I was hoping it would be *at least* November before we picked up win #2...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Well, this is what I was afraid of, Porzingis is too good to tank properly. I don't think we're a playoff team and if we are, it's like 8th seed at best, meaning it will be near impossible to add another elite talent. Maybe Silver will rig the lotter for us.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics beat Spurs (albiet with no Leonard) for their 5th straight win.

Defense has been exceptional. Even a previously weak defender in Irving is getting in on it. Offense has been inconsistent, but has been relying on a 19 and 21 year for a good chunk of offense this year. We got the 8 mil or exception for Hayward's injury so.we may be able to bring someone in

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is going to be another one of those years with the Rockets. Two steps forward, one step back all by the hands of Harden. It will be a good regular season followed by disappointment in the playoffs :(

icup

Reaction score
Celtics beat Spurs (albiet with no Leonard) for their 5th straight win.

Defense has been exceptional. Even a previously weak defender in Irving is getting in on it. Offense has been inconsistent, but has been relying on a 19 and 21 year for a good chunk of offense this year. We got the 8 mil or exception for Hayward's injury so.we may be able to bring someone in

who needs crowder when you have ojeleye? last night, players hit a wall when they drove on him.

theiss/baynes is a looking like a better option than amir johnson/tyler zeller/(insert scrub). celtics are now starting to get some defense down low. and they both help this team rebound occasionally!!

the tatum train kept rolling last night too. great to see. i love danny ainge. love him. he would be the guy to not draft the one-armed 1st overall blue chipper, and instead find paul pierce 2.0 with the 3rd pick. that was the 1st #1 overall pick the celtics EVER HAD AND DANNY TRADED IT. at the time i hated him for it, but i feel shame for having ever doubted trader danny.

btw, for anyone outside of new england, some boston media has been looking for every way to make kyrie look like an idiot, or a bad character guy. and it drives me crazy. kyrie is balling out. he is a #1 on a playoff team. he does not need to be on the cleveland lebrons to be successful. kyrie is going to be a legend in boston. sorry if my green teamer is showing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
who needs crowder when you have ojeleye? last night, players hit a wall when they drove on him.

theiss/baynes is a looking like a better option than amir johnson/tyler zeller/(insert scrub). celtics are now starting to get some defense down low. and they both help this team rebound occasionally!!

the tatum train kept rolling last night too. great to see. i love danny ainge. love him. he would be the guy to not draft the one-armed 1st overall blue chipper, and instead find paul pierce 2.0 with the 3rd pick. that was the 1st #1 overall pick the celtics EVER HAD AND DANNY TRADED IT. at the time i hated him for it, but i feel shame for having ever doubted trader danny.

btw, for anyone outside of new england, some boston media has been looking for every way to make kyrie look like an idiot, or a bad character guy. and it drives me crazy. kyrie is balling out. he is a #1 on a playoff team. he does not need to be on the cleveland lebrons to be successful. kyrie is going to be a legend in boston. sorry if my green teamer is showing.
Once Semi's shot starts falling he has pretty much they same skill set as Crowder.

Baynes has been a huge revelation this season, I didn't think he was going to be as good a defender as he has been. He is making himself some money this season. The trio of him Thies and Horford have done some impressive work on Porzingis, Embiid and Aldridge.

Fultz could still turn out to be a franchise player, but right now Tatum's defense has him looking like he could an elite 2 way player. Some of the things he can do with his length defensively make me think of Giannis. Offensively there seems to be no hesitation to feature him. For 19 year old on a team who wants to make a deep play off run, that says alot.

That pick we got in the trade combined with the Memphis pick (and to a lesser extent the Grizzlies pick) gives Ainge enough ammo to make a major move. It should be enough to get almost anything on the market south of Anthony Davis or Porzingis (and neither of those two are moving IMO) without trading Brown or Tatum.

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
Once Semi's shot starts falling he has pretty much they same skill set as Crowder.

Baynes has been a huge revelation this season, I didn't think he was going to be as good a defender as he has been. He is making himself some money this season. The trio of him Thies and Horford have done some impressive work on Porzingis, Embiid and Aldridge.

Fultz could still turn out to be a franchise player, but right now Tatum's defense has him looking like he could an elite 2 way player. Some of the things he can do with his length defensively make me think of Giannis. Offensively there seems to be no hesitation to feature him. For 19 year old on a team who wants to make a deep play off run, that says alot.

That pick we got in the trade combined with the Memphis pick (and to a lesser extent the Grizzlies pick) gives Ainge enough ammo to make a major move. It should be enough to get almost anything on the market south of Anthony Davis or Porzingis (and neither of those two are moving IMO) without trading Brown or Tatum.
Tatum's looked great. I figured he would be in the conversation for ROY. With Hayward out, he is making the most of it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tatum's looked great. I figured he would be in the conversation for ROY. With Hayward out, he is making the most of it.
Simmons is the front runner right now and he will probably take the award. So far it seems like a 3 man race with Simmons in the lead, Tatum and Markkanen behind. DSJ and Josh Jackson are creeping

Interesting note, they said during the Heat that the Celtics believe Tatum could grown two more inches

Last edited:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Okafor's option was declined. Got to imagine he is moved shortly. There's been rumors since last trade deadline of Chicago's interest. I am hoping those are squashed with a full rebuild occurring. The only thing I would trade is Portis. And that's just to move Portis for the sake of moving him.

The front office has already commented that Markkanen's minutes will get cut when Portis returns. I hate that idea. Lauri is doing well for a rookie big. We knew about the shooting. But he's actually showing potential on the defensive end. Moving well, closing out, willing defender. He'll pick up the rotation stuff with experience. But he's even showing quick feet on the defensive end. It's better than I expected.

I've only seen part of a Philly game, so maybe this isn't accurate... But Simmons is the PG, full time? If so, can't help but wonder if they should have taken Tatum to play the 3. Can Fultz play off the ball?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Okafor's option was declined. Got to imagine he is moved shortly. There's been rumors since last trade deadline of Chicago's interest. I am hoping those are squashed with a full rebuild occurring. The only thing I would trade is Portis. And that's just to move Portis for the sake of moving him.

The front office has already commented that Markkanen's minutes will get cut when Portis returns. I hate that idea. Lauri is doing well for a rookie big. We knew about the shooting. But he's actually showing potential on the defensive end. Moving well, closing out, willing defender. He'll pick up the rotation stuff with experience. But he's even showing quick feet on the defensive end. It's better than I expected.

I've only seen part of a Philly game, so maybe this isn't accurate... But Simmons is the PG, full time? If so, can't help but wonder if they should have taken Tatum to play the 3. Can Fultz play off the ball?
I remember when it was looking like we were going to take Fultz at 1 the belief was that he would be able to play off the ball with Thomas at point. If his shoulder gets right he can move and shoot from all level. A common comparison for him was Harden, who throughout his career has been effective both on and off the ball. Like Harden, I think Fultz would be much more effective with the ball in his hands, but could thrive off the ball as well.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Proud of my young Lakers. Played their best game of the season. And if Kuzma was starting, he'd be in that 2nd class (after Ben Simmons) of ROY candidates. He is that good. Should have been a lottery pick. All of the Lakers 3 1st rounders look like players. Ball, Kuzma, and Josh Hart.

Can't wait till next season when we add Lebron and maybe Paul George.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Proud of my young Lakers. Played their best game of the season. And if Kuzma was starting, he'd be in that 2nd class (after Ben Simmons) of ROY candidates. He is that good. Should have been a lottery pick. All of the Lakers 3 1st rounders look like players. Ball, Kuzma, and Josh Hart.

Can't wait till next season when we add Lebron and maybe Paul George.
Kuzma went late because the NBA still undervalues 22 year old rookies