2017-18 NBA Season

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Kuzma went late because the NBA still undervalues 22 year old rookies

Crazy. If there was a redraft now, he'd be in the top 5. His combine workouts were great though. So teams had him in for workouts, they saw the skill he had. But because of the so called up side of 19 year old kids, he was passed. Thanx God he was for Laker fans. He really has no flaw in his game. His 3pt shooting has been up and down so far, but that's been the only thing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Crazy. If there was a redraft now, he'd be in the top 5. His combine workouts were great though. So teams had him in for workouts, they saw the skill he had. But because of the so called up side of 19 year old kids, he was passed. Thanx God he was for Laker fans. He really has no flaw in his game. His 3pt shooting has been up and down so far, but that's been the only thing.
It seems there are always a few SR's that fall about because teams drool over the upside of 19's year old. You cant blame the kids, because thats sooooo much more money they can earn during there career. But it would be nice if there was a way they could go back to when LJ and Mourning had the Hornets winning a playoff series in Mournings rookie year and LJ's second.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well the Jahlil Okafor to Boston talk is back on. At least now we are waiting in a buyout. I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that Okafor will be a Celtic. At least this time it wont cost us anything

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure what to think. Haven't watched Orlando play to get a feel, but scoreboard watching, he's doing well and looks like he's turned the corner.

Edit: Oladipo is doing well in Indy too
If George bolts OKC, that trade could wind up looking bad

Sabonis seems to be playing lights out as well

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
There really isn't any redeemable value Okafor brings. He's a lousy defender, lousy rebounder, and a plodder.

He is best served as a backup who can provide offense because he is skilled as a post player, but the offense will fine to a grinding halt.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There really isn't any redeemable value Okafor brings. He's a lousy defender, lousy rebounder, and a plodder.

He is best served as a backup who can provide offense because he is skilled as a post player, but the offense will fine to a grinding halt.
I really don't get Ainges fascination with him.

I really dont think he would see more then garbage time minutes

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I really don't get Ainges fascination with him.

I really dont think he would see more then garbage time minutes

The Bulls have been linked to him as well for the past year and I don't get it, either.

He is a horrid fit here as well. The Bulls want to be more up tempo and swing the ball. Okafor is the antithesis of that. The offense will slow as you work inside and let him go to work inside. And he's a negative other than post offense. He's a role player. I'd swap Portis for him only to get him off the roster. I wouldn't keep Okafor beyond this year if they acquire him. And the real benefit in that is the Bulls are less likely to let Okafor cut into Markkanen's playing time than Portis... Which is why I would do the move. It's actually the only reason I'd do it.

And I don't see him fitting in with Boston at all. But admittedly, I'm not as familiar with them. But if he is bought out and not traded for, I would understand Boston kicking the tires, there. You aren't out anything but money at that point, and who cares if it's a waste of the teams money.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Bulls have been linked to him as well for the past year and I don't get it, either.

He is a horrid fit here as well. The Bulls want to be more up tempo and swing the ball. Okafor is the antithesis of that. The offense will slow as you work inside and let him go to work inside. And he's a negative other than post offense. He's a role player. I'd swap Portis for him only to get him off the roster. I wouldn't keep Okafor beyond this year if they acquire him. And the real benefit in that is the Bulls are less likely to let Okafor cut into Markkanen's playing time than Portis... Which is why I would do the move. It's actually the only reason I'd do it.

And I don't see him fitting in with Boston at all. But admittedly, I'm not as familiar with them. But if he is bought out and not traded for, I would understand Boston kicking the tires, there. You aren't out anything but money at that point, and who cares if it's a waste of the teams money.
I think the only attraction is that he was the 3rd overall pick a few years back. He has the dimensions to to be a plus rim protector and rebounder, but to me thats almost more of a critisism. Why is he such a non factor then. If you want himnas a rehab project, his option wasnt picked up so you only have him this season, so that doesnt make much sense to me neither.

They may value him as another offensive threat off the bench. However he is also a ball stopper, which would probably make him more of a liability than an asset to our offense as ball movement is key.

I think it would be a waste for both us and him. I think the Nets should take a flier on his talent. See if they can turn his career around and make up for some of the talent lost out on the last few seasons

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
JoeKing nowhere to be found.

Dubs deal Spurs a humiliating loss at home; 39-point swing, lol, smh.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers let that game vs Portland slip away. Lakers need to win those games regardless if they are going to get close to making the playoffs or not. Lakers need to win more then 30 games this season and last nights lose doesn't help. I will say Ingram is looking better but not really translating into better stats yet. Ball was MIA last night.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Lakers let that game vs Portland slip away. Lakers need to win those games regardless if they are going to get close to making the playoffs or not. Lakers need to win more then 30 games this season and last nights lose doesn't help. I will say Ingram is looking better but not really translating into better stats yet. Ball was MIA last night.

Lakers don't have the consisent interior d or 3pt offense to have a shot for the playoffs. Their perimeter d is improving though. Baby steps. With Larry Nance out for awhile, wonder if Kuzma gets the start at PF over Randle.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers don't have the consisent interior d or 3pt offense to have a shot for the playoffs. Their perimeter d is improving though. Baby steps. With Larry Nance out for awhile, wonder if Kuzma gets the start at PF over Randle.
Ya i was asking myself that as well. Hoping the Lakers can get a win tonight.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Ya i was asking myself that as well. Hoping the Lakers can get a win tonight.

Walton still has probs with his rotations. He left Lopez on the bench too long last night late in the game. Hopefully Kuzma starts now, and if that's the case, his numbers should go up even more and he can get in on the rookie of the year considerations (if Ben Simmons doesn't run away wiith it all year long).

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Walton still has probs with his rotations. He left Lopez on the bench too long last night late in the game. Hopefully Kuzma starts now, and if that's the case, his numbers should go up even more and he can get in on the rookie of the year considerations (if Ben Simmons doesn't run away wiith it all year long).
I think Ball likes being on the court with Kuzma. I also think if Kuzma is out there it will put some pressure on Ingram to take a few more shots from the perimeter or Ingram might shy away, regardless we need to know what we have going forward. The bench might look sloppy till it figures out how to make up some of those points.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Signiture game tonight for the Celtics in OKC. I smell a double digit loss. Alot of talent and grit in the Celtics team, but they aren't ready for the big boys yet. Too much fire power in OKC