2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Ovechkin threw out the first pitch in today's Nationals game :)
He hasn't put down the Cup or slept in 3 days

CapsRosterCup-Red4_1_ffab3054-177d-405a-9ec0-3b2b0c56ccb2_580x.progressive.png1.jpg
OviClubs-DeepHeather_copy_580x.progressive.png-11.jpg

lukin2006

Reaction score
I do not like the Domi for Galchenyuk trade ... Galchenyuk is not a centre and that's the failure of Bergeron in not getting a front line centre for Galchenyuk to play with. Bergeron is a terrible GM and should be canned.

lukin2006

Reaction score
That's why Montreal doesn't win anymore ... they no longer make good trades. I can't believe my 2 favourite sports have gone 25 plus years without a sniff of a championship ... argh.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
That's why Montreal doesn't win anymore ... they no longer make good trades. I can't believe my 2 favourite sports have gone 25 plus years without a sniff of a championship ... argh.
Damn, Lukin, your Habs. Bergevin is a POS. Everyone that follows hockey knows how bad your team needs a C. MTL fans were floating trade proposals on HF all season for every team's #1 C prospect for Paciorrety. I feel bad for your team, Ottawa as well. You guys drew the #3 pick, no? The Montreal market is just so demanding (like Toronto) that it's hard to find a competent GM talent to want to go there. But he speaks French!

As an Angels fan (baseball), I can relate with having to follow two (mostly) futile organizations for the better part of the past two decades (or more, in the case of our Boys). We're due, Lukin! My Angels and your Habs.

(Full disclosure, not the biggest Habs due to '93 :) )

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I would never, ever utter the above post at my Kings site. Lol :omg::omg::omg:

Don't tell on me. And if the Kings play Montreal in the Finals, well, you know... :)

lukin2006

Reaction score
Damn, Lukin, your Habs. Bergevin is a POS. Everyone that follows hockey knows how bad your team needs a C. MTL fans were floating trade proposals on HF all season for every team's #1 C prospect for Paciorrety. I feel bad for your team, Ottawa as well. You guys drew the #3 pick, no? The Montreal market is just so demanding (like Toronto) that it's hard to find a competent GM talent to want to go there. But he speaks French!

As an Angels fan (baseball), I can relate with having to follow two (mostly) futile organizations for the better part of the past two decades (or more, in the case of our Boys). We're due, Lukin! My Angels and your Habs.

(Full disclosure, not the biggest Habs due to '93 :) )

A number 1 centre should be a priority yes. I somehow feel Bergeron will reach at the number 3 for a centre. At number 3 I like the Boston college kid ... I can't spell his name. I'd trade Pax as well. He is not a great captain and very inconsistent. 93' what a gutsy call by Demers to check the stick for legality. That one decision by the coach changed the entire series and cost Gretzky another cup ... I know many didn't agree with Demers ... but he did what he had to to.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
A number 1 centre should be a priority yes. I somehow feel Bergeron will reach at the number 3 for a centre. At number 3 I like the Boston college kid ... I can't spell his name. I'd trade Pax as well. He is not a great captain and very inconsistent. 93' what a gutsy call by Demers to check the stick for legality. That one decision by the coach changed the entire series and cost Gretzky another cup ... I know many didn't agree with Demers ... but he did what he had to to.
We just had a 4 page discussion on the whole McSorley stick incident not a week or two ago (at other site). Forgot what brought it up. I think it was the 25th anniversary of that Finals.

lukin2006

Reaction score
@Trouty I'm also a Tiger fan ... no WS since '84 ... the Celtics are on the upswing though. Hopefully Harbaugh will get the wolverines straightened out. At least I have my hometown OHL team the Windsor Spitfires...3 Memorial Cups in the last 10 years or so...and starting to load up with talent again.

Status
Not open for further replies.