2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sorry but it ain't happening. Washington is a force this year.

They are a force, but you never know. The funny thing about sports is that you can never really predict the end until it happens. I mean, who could've predicted an expansion team going as far as the Golden Knights have this season? That right there is an example of how you can never really predict sports, unless you're Biff with the future book lol.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
They are a force, but you never know. The funny thing about sports is that you can never really predict the end until it happens. I mean, who could've predicted an expansion team going as far as the Golden Knights have this season? That right there is an example of how you can never really predict sports, unless you're Biff with the future book lol.

You never know but Vegas looks gassed, I don't like their chances. They have no legs left and Washington can shut them down at will. Last night Washington held back after they were up 4 to 0 and they picked they opportunities to attack. I feel if they went all out offensive that score would have been much worse. Good Luck, to me at this point who ever wins congrats and is deserving of the cup.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You never know but Vegas looks gassed, I don't like their chances. They have no legs left and Washington can shut them down at will. Last night Washington held back after they were up 4 to 0 and they picked they opportunities to attack. I feel if they went all out offensive that score would have been much worse. Good Luck, to me at this point who ever wins congrats and is deserving of the cup.

Oh, no doubt. The winner of the Stanley Cup will have earned it, and both teams have had amazing seasons. IMO, this is the best Stanley Cup that I've watched, and not just because my favorite team is in it. It may not be going well for my team, but the seasons for each team have been legendary.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Fleury has completely gone back down to earth this series. As many of us pointed out, it would nearly be he alone would would've won for Vegas. in the end it was Fleury's magnificence in the early rounds that propelled them this far (don't get me wrong, Vegas has a wonderful, exceptionally well-rounded team). But VGK lack the top end stars. Fleury was that till this series started, and he went pedestrian Fleury-mode. Vegas has been playing like poo, too. But Fleury would have been the easy Conn Smythe if Vegas won, and they needed his all-time performance to continue through this series.

Ovechkin is my Conn Smythe. Kuznetsov probably deserves on play alone (tho Ovi played wonderfully, this isn't a Crosby 2016-deal), but Ovi's play, along with legacy, make it a no brainer, imo

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
And seriously, Alex Ovechkin might be my favorite not-on-my-team athlete right now in any sport. And it hasn't hit me till tonight. I missed 1 and 1/2 games and now I'm really mad. I'm gonna start to follow Ovi, now. He is such a wonderful and humble all-time sports star. There just aren't very many like him. Subban was my previous in the NHL. I love me some PK

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm happy for Trotz, too. The Capitals, now with this win, have dominated the NHL for some time, and were not pretenders and chokers after all. Label gone. Poof. This win changes everything for them re: the meaning of the past five or so years.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
We have a thread in the Fan Zone about sucking for five years to win a Super Bowl, well the Caps were just fantastic for 5 years and won the Cup!

Feel good, Caps fans, while I live vicariously through y'all :)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, as a Vegas Golden Knights fan, it was a terrific season for an expansion team. I'm proud of the way that they played. With that being said, congratulations to Washington. Those of you who are Caps fans deserved the Cup. Well done.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And seriously, Alex Ovechkin might be my favorite not-on-my-team athlete right now in any sport. And it hasn't hit me till tonight. I missed 1 and 1/2 games and now I'm really mad. I'm gonna start to follow Ovi, now. He is such a wonderful and humble all-time sports star. There just aren't very many like him. Subban was my previous in the NHL. I love me some PK
The Caps were relentless.......Fleury was good but they were peppering him
Ovi was deadly on the Power Play and carried the team with his energy

Kuz was a magician out there and Oshie is so underrated........ Wilson and DSP were unsong heroes
and

Holtby was incredible amazing......the only goals he allowed were deflections and brain cramps

So happy for them and us....... DC has been in a huge slump

The Nats are next......no WS since 1924

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Well, as a Vegas Golden Knights fan, it was a terrific season for an expansion team. I'm proud of the way that they played. With that being said, congratulations to Washington. Those of you who are Caps fans deserved the Cup. Well done.

Nothing to be ashamed of you had a great season, and spoiled my Winnipeg Jets Stanley cup finals. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.