2017 NBA Western Conference Finals: Spurs vs Warriors

Nav22

Reaction score
I guess if you wanna count rings when there were 8 and 11 teams in the NBA. Not to mention the team was located in philly. And the spurs aren't living in the past, they're competitive most years and haven't missed the playoffs in forever.

It's cool that your team is one of the historically great teams ever but I think you can enjoy them winning without having to troll spurs fans. And yes is was a dirty play by lamarcus and yes kawhi is the whole team. It's called being objective, you should try it.
The homer I'm debating thinks Aldridge's play WASN'T dirty, while I admitted that Zaza's WAS dirty. He also defends Bruce Bowen's dirty plays that he's still known for. So who's objective and who isn't?

Championships don't expire, nice try though.

And if you want to take the time to read through the entire thread, you'll see that I was respectful until dude started crying like a baby about me being excited about my team. Once THAT happened, I was more than happy to rub salt in his wounds.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leave name calling outside the site.

Remember to spell out all words and allow the site language filter to do it's work (e.g. do not circumvent).

Thanks.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
VERY few people are into the NBA even the post season
This is the NBAs doing and they deserve it
I used to watch at least the post season quite consistently but don't think I've watched more than 10 minutes of any game this year
I'm enjoyed this season and look forward to the outcome of these playoffs. Considering the thread topic, I'm not sure what purpose your post serves in the conversation.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm enjoyed this season and look forward to the outcome of these playoffs. Considering the thread topic, I'm not sure what purpose your post serves in the conversation.

the thread topic is "western conference finals". My post is my opinion that from the beginning of the season everyone had known that GS will win, therefore no interest and little need to watch except for GS fans

The NBA is responsible for allowing 2 super teams and therefore deserves the fan apathy

Clear?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
the thread topic is "western conference finals". My post is my opinion that from the beginning of the season everyone had known that GS will win, therefore no interest and little need to watch except for GS fans

The NBA is responsible for allowing 2 super teams and therefore deserves the fan apathy

Clear?
You may have your opinion and express it no matter how far off from reality it is and be assured it will be welcomed for discussion. That's how the members of this forum exchange ideas and share opinions.

I'm sorry you have not enjoyed this NBA season and I even agree with your point that it is the NBA's fault that there are these two super teams and then everyone else. Perhaps if you aren't a Celtics or Spurs fan it has been a bygone conclusion from the day the season started that the teams in the Finals would be the same two teams that we have seen the previous two seasons. I respectfully acknowledge that possibility so please don't perceive what follows as dismissing your point of view.

I will first point you to the article that was published on NBA.com last month at the close of the 2017 regular season that addresses the state of the NBA. http://www.nba.com/article/2017/04/05/nba-tv-ratings-promising-first-year-new-deal/

This was the first year of a massive new $24 billion television contract, the NBA saw its combined domestic ratings for all networks stay even when compared to last season.

For Bill Koenig, the league's president of global media distribution, that qualifies as a big victory.

The combined U.S. ratings held firm at 0.8 for the season while the league has seen a 3 percent rise in unique viewers and a 6 percent increase in the total hours of game action fans have watched in a season in which more games were broadcast nationally than ever before.

That contrasts with the NFL, which saw its ratings decline by 8 percent last season, while marquee games on Sunday and Monday nights were down 12 percent and 10 percent, respectively.

Compelling story lines including Russell Westbrook's pursuit of averaging a triple-double through an entire season, LeBron James' title defense in Cleveland, Kevin Durant's move to Golden State and James Harden's renaissance in Houston have helped drive interest.

The league is constantly experimenting with its presentation, exploring virtual reality, different camera angles for mobile viewers and other ways to appeal to a changing audience.

"We can't rest on our laurels," Mr. Koenig said. "We want to evolve. We want to create something that is more compelling for today's viewer and tomorrow's viewer."

Despite the outcome of the playoffs so far, until the exit of Kawhi Leonard from the Spurs starting line up, this WCF was not a bygone conclusion of a GS Western Conference Championship.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well the warriors took out the one obstacle in their way, Kawhi. So, now instead of losing in 6 or less, they will sweep the Spurs.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Warriors faces the Cavs.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I used to watch at least the post season quite consistently but don't think I've watched more than 10 minutes of any game this year

Lol?

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
With the

Same here, with the combination of not having my Mavs in the playoffs and knowing Cavs-Warriors again is a given, I aint hardly watched any of this playoffs, why bother? I will definitely be tuned in for the Finals though......

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
We can't catch a break.....now David Lee is hurt. 2 starters and a key reserve down. So, we need Mills, Green, and Gasol to step up and they all played small.

I am very happy with Manu, Simmons, Murray, Bertans, Dedmon, and even Softridge.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Spurs are the walking dead with too many injuries. They won't quit even though they know they don't have the firepower to win. Game 4 might be the last time we see Manu Ginobili in a Spurs uniform so I'm going to pay attention to him in that game. Play tough Spurs, it was another great season, we just have too many injured players.

Nav22

Reaction score
Well the warriors took out the one obstacle in their way, Kawhi. So, now instead of losing in 6 or less, they will sweep the Spurs.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Warriors faces the Cavs.
LOLLLL adorable wishful thinking on your part. Aldridge is your 2nd-best player and he's been turned into a complete non-factor. My Warriors are just too good.

Remember Rockets-Spurs Game 1 just a series ago? Or hell, your same Spurs team in Game 1 vs OKC last year?

There's not even a guarantee you win Game 1 vs GSW with a healthy Leonard. This Warriors team pulls off huge comebacks with regularity. Remember Warriors-Spurs in March? No Durant and a healthy Kawhi, we STILL came back from 20+ down and won by double-digits, IN SAN ANTONIO.

Yeah, it was just 1 game, and you're facing a monstrous super team. Take your curb-stomping like a man and get out of our way. History's calling.

Nav22

Reaction score
Spurs are the walking dead with too many injuries. They won't quit even though they know they don't have the firepower to win. Game 4 might be the last time we see Manu Ginobili in a Spurs uniform so I'm going to pay attention to him in that game. Play tough Spurs, it was another great season, we just have too many injured players.
Do you need a new pillowcase, or do you just toss the one you have in the wash? Must be damp and salty from all those tears.
:lmao2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm a Mavs fan....and Spurs fans have been downright nasty at times towards the Mavs for years, even when they aren't playing each other.
But I don't get some of the bitterness toward the Spurs in this thread.
Just trash talk, I guess.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm a Mavs fan....and Spurs fans have been downright nasty at times towards the Mavs for years, even when they aren't playing each other.
But I don't get some of the bitterness toward the Spurs in this thread.
Just trash talk, I guess.
When the loser's fan makes excuses, whines and generally does everything he can to discredit the winner, he deserves whatever comes his way.

When the loser isn't gracious, the winner doesn't need to be either.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When the loser's fan makes excuses, whines and generally does everything he can to discredit the winner, he deserves whatever comes his way.

When the loser isn't gracious, the winner doesn't need to be either.
So winning isn't good enough for you? You have have the loser bow down and kiss your feet? :facepalm: No wonder civility is so easily lost around you.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
LOLLLL adorable wishful thinking on your part. Aldridge is your 2nd-best player and he's been turned into a complete non-factor. My Warriors are just too good.

Remember Rockets-Spurs Game 1 just a series ago? Or hell, your same Spurs team in Game 1 vs OKC last year?

There's not even a guarantee you win Game 1 vs GSW with a healthy Leonard. This Warriors team pulls off huge comebacks with regularity. Remember Warriors-Spurs in March? No Durant and a healthy Kawhi, we STILL came back from 20+ down and won by double-digits, IN SAN ANTONIO.

Yeah, it was just 1 game, and you're facing a monstrous super team. Take your curb-stomping like a man and get out of our way. History's calling.
We were up by 23 and dominating. Yes, we win game 1 with Leonard. Who knows what happens after that.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nav enjoy it while it lasts, but know this, if you don't win the title this year, your team will be labeled as the Big What Ifs........

Think about your run, you were able to avoid the Spurs 2 years in a row. You lucked into an injured Cavs team to win the title. Then, you win a record 73 games, only to choke away a 3-1 lead, and lose to the Cavs. Now this year, you luck into a Spurs team minus Parker. Then we lose The best two way player in the league in game 1, then our top reserve Big in game 3. So, you will most likely sweep the Spurs, but will you beat the Cavs? Cause if you don't, like I said, you will be what ifs.

I fully expect several changes for the Spurs next year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nav enjoy it while it lasts, but know this, if you don't win the title this year, your team will be labeled as the Big What Ifs........

Think about your run, you were able to avoid the Spurs 2 years in a row. You lucked into an injured Cavs team to win the title. Then, you win a record 73 games, only to choke away a 3-1 lead, and lose to the Cavs. Now this year, you luck into a Spurs team minus Parker. Then we lose The best two way player in the league in game 1, then our top reserve Big in game 3. So, you will most likely sweep the Spurs, but will you beat the Cavs? Cause if you don't, like I said, you will be what ifs.

I fully expect several changes for the Spurs next year.
I don't think Pop is happy with Aldridge so I agree with you about the changes next year. Ginobili will probably retire and considering how rigorous rehab is to recover from quad tendon tear, tony may not be back either. Heck, Pop might even retire, who knows?

BigD16

Reaction score
The homer I'm debating thinks Aldridge's play WASN'T dirty, while I admitted that Zaza's WAS dirty. He also defends Bruce Bowen's dirty plays that he's still known for. So who's objective and who isn't?

Championships don't expire, nice try though.

And if you want to take the time to read through the entire thread, you'll see that I was respectful until dude started crying like a baby about me being excited about my team. Once THAT happened, I was more than happy to rub salt in his wounds.
You make some valid points. The only reason I brought up those past championships is because you said that Spurs fans are "living in the past" but yet you mention that Golden State is gonna get their 5th championship when two of those rings were in 1947 and 1956. The Spurs have 5 rings in the 40 years that they've been in the NBA. Golden State has 4 championships despite having been in the NBA nearly twice as long.

Golden State are certainly one of the top 2 teams in the NBA if not the best team. However, Golden State can't be considered a dynasty with just one championship during this dominate era of theirs. If they can be consistently good (such as 5 championships in 15 years) then they will rightfully get that type of recognition. Until then, they are a fun team to watch with a historically great roster and an even more historic choke job.