2018 Draft Chatter

reddyuta

Reaction score
This is hilarious because Hue has screwed the pooch opening his mouth before so it’s funny they had to hide it from him!! This was just discussed last week with Sturm.

I think Dorsey doesnt like Jackson at all.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hue Jackson will ruin pretty much anyone. But Mayfield has the most ability to be able to overcome that influence. A player like Allen would be a disaster.

Dorsey supposedly made his decision 6 weeks ago and told his head coach 2 days ago.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Mayfield is the best QB too. I put Darnold one spot higher because he's safer but if you're telling me all of these QBs pan out then I would believe Mayfield would be the best of the lot.

Still, it takes serious stones to take that guy 1st overall in a QB class that has several early options.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine if we had the 1st pick and Jerry made his decision in mid March and didn't tell Garrett until 2 days before the draft.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't believe the Giants are going to pass on Darnold.

Eli is 37 years old, even if you want one more run, it is so much easier to find a RB than a QB.

We passed on Wentz for a RB. Could have easily moved up to get him.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
We passed on Wentz for a RB. Could have easily moved up to get him.

And if they didn't get Dak, it would show just how stupid they were to pass on him.

Though technically they didn't pass on him, they just didn't want to move up to take him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if they didn't get Dak, it would show just how stupid they were to pass on him.

Though technically they didn't pass on him, they just didn't want to move up to take him.

They passed on him. Both the 1st and 2nd picks were being moved. It wasn't a secret. The Cowboys knew it and they knew why a team would move up to those spots. To take Wentz and Goff. They chose to stay where they were and allow a rival to leapfrog them for a QB who is infinitely more talented than what we ended up with.

Getting Dak proved just how stupid they were. They chose the cheap route and got exactly what they paid for.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t get the hate thrown at the Giants if they don’t take a QB.

Maybe they don’t like any of these QBs? That’s not exactly an illogical stance.

What would be dumb is taking a QB just to take a QB because you have the 2nd pick.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t get the hate thrown at the Giants if they don’t take a QB.

Maybe they don’t like any of these QBs? That’s not exactly an illogical stance.

What would be dumb is taking a QB just to take a QB because you have the 2nd pick.

They would literally be doing the same damn thing the Cowboys did in 2016. Pass on the QB and take a RB in the top 5.

Sydla

Reaction score
They would literally be doing the same damn thing the Cowboys did in 2016. Pass on the QB and take a RB in the top 5.

The difference is the Cowboys clearly liked Wentz but didn’t make a move to get him.

The Giants may think all these QBs are garbage. That’s not an irrational thought. There is no Goff or Wentz in this draft.

The rankings on these guys is all over the map.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The difference is the Cowboys clearly liked Wentz but didn’t make a move to get him.

The Giants may think all these QBs are garbage. That’s not an irrational thought. There is no Goff or Wentz in this draft.

You're right. The Cowboys are dumber.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll say it. The draft was better in Philadelphia. The stadium setting isn't nearly as good.